News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Sebastian's Arrangement Library

Started by Sebastian, October 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you see this?

Yes
Yes

FireArrow

Hmm, If you're not interested in raw music theory, don't do books. You'll slowly kill yourself as you read it. Find something your interested in, and work backwards (this is probably the worst advice anyone could ever give you.) For me, I had this impulse to compose fugues, but I had to learn basics of counterpoint, harmony and a lot of shit like that before I could even begin to understand the book The Art of Fugue.

Also, when we give you advice/corrections on your arrangements, try not to just implement them. Try to understand why - if you don't understand why that F# needs to be a Gb or something, figure it out/ask (well, it's not anyones job here to teach you, so don't rely on us.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

Sebastian

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Goron Lullaby NEW!!!
[ZIP]

A request

Maelstrom

Alright, feedback on songs I picked at random.

Funky Stadium: Solid main thing, but you could ease the boringness of it by adding in the background (you might need headphones to hear it)

Goron Lullaby: You'll probably hate me saying this, but it's in the wrong key. It should be in d minor with naturals.
edit: nvm, starts in a minor and modulates to d minor, but I don't think a key change is necessary. Sorry for the misinformation.
Also, a great job. Spot on but that tie in the left hand at the end doesn't look quite right.

Other nonspecific stuff:
Most are simpler songs, so it appears like not that much work was put in. I'd recommend choosing harder songs to show your skill and  recommending easier songs for newer arrangers. And if a song feels boring, just add more stuff in. You definitely need to try harder stuff, not more songs with complex notes, but songs that are harder because of the many voices involved. Don't be worried if these take a while. They're worth it. Good luck. Have fun.

Sebastian

Maelstrom

Jompa

Quotenvm, starts in a minor and modulates to d minor, but I don't think a key change is necessary. Sorry for the misinformation.
It's D-minor all the way, like you first said.
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

Ok
I thought it was in C major cause there was only one accidental

Sebastian

Quote from: Jompa on June 15, 2014, 12:10:52 AMIt's D-minor all the way, like you first said.
Fixed that and I missed some petal markings which I added

Quote from: maelstrom. on June 14, 2014, 05:41:22 PMAlright, feedback on songs I picked at random.

Funky Stadium: Solid main thing, but you could ease the boringness of it by adding in the background (you might need headphones to hear it)

Goron Lullaby: You'll probably hate me saying this, but it's in the wrong key. It should be in d minor with naturals.
edit: nvm, starts in a minor and modulates to d minor, but I don't think a key change is necessary. Sorry for the misinformation.
Also, a great job. Spot on but that tie in the left hand at the end doesn't look quite right.

Other nonspecific stuff:
Most are simpler songs, so it appears like not that much work was put in. I'd recommend choosing harder songs to show your skill and  recommending easier songs for newer arrangers. And if a song feels boring, just add more stuff in. You definitely need to try harder stuff, not more songs with complex notes, but songs that are harder because of the many voices involved. Don't be worried if these take a while. They're worth it. Good luck. Have fun.
Thanks! I agree some of my songs are fairly simple. I guess I'll try working on some harder songs. Im sure I'll run into some hard/long songs in the TTYD soundtrack.

Sebastian

Reunion from Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door
[ZIP]

Just a bit unsure about the bass line in measures 14-21 (The hands run togethoer a lot). Is this ok? Or should I change it?

Sebastian

Maelstrom

It looks a little strange... But if you ever doubt it's playability, just try it yourself. If it tangles your hands, it's time to try something different.

Sebastian

Maelstrom

Yeah. You might want to add rest of the notes in the base line in the syncopated part and possibly knock it down an octave in necessary, but it's up to you.

edit: do you think I would enjoy thousand year door if I didn't like the original?

Sebastian

Quote from: maelstrom. on June 17, 2014, 11:09:23 AMedit: do you think I would enjoy thousand year door if I didn't like the original?
Yes!!! I highly recommend it! :)