Sebastian's Arrangement Library

Started by Sebastian, October 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you see this?

Yes
Yes

mikey

Well
that creeped me out and made me look over my shoulder at the blinds several times.
unmotivated

Jompa

That's pretty good so I won't say much, apart from this:
Your beaming of notes in those last 8 measures is insane.
In some cases you should parenthesize some accidentals so the performer won't think they carry over the measures. If you search you'll find where this needs to be done.
The key signature is E-major. It does modulate some, but not so significantly that it should show up in the key signature.
Lastly:
Since this song bases itself on the whole-tone scale the entire way, you should change every flat into sharps! Not only does this make the notes being on the correct steps of the scale, but it also becomes more comfortable to read, easier to read, and will look better overall. This doesn't apply to the left hand in measures#10 to #25 though (because that part bases itself on chromatics), so you can keep the left hand as it is in those measures. And this doesn't apply to those chromatic 16th notes in measure#9 either, but you already have some faulty accidental-use in that measure already.
For the accidentals in measure#9, every note should be either flats or naturals on the way down, and on the way up every note should be either sharps or naturals. This does create more accidentals yeah, but in this case it makes it easier to read.
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

Quote from: Jompa on May 29, 2014, 02:20:43 AMThat's pretty good so I won't say much, apart from this:
In some cases you should parenthesize some accidentals so the performer won't think they carry over the measures. If you search you'll find where this needs to be done.
The key signature is E-major. It does modulate some, but not so significantly that it should show up in the key signature.
Lastly:
Since this song bases itself on the whole-tone scale the entire way, you should change every flat into sharps! Not only does this make the notes being on the correct steps of the scale, but it also becomes more comfortable to read, easier to read, and will look better overall. This doesn't apply to the left hand in measures#10 to #25 though (because that part bases itself on chromatics), so you can keep the left hand as it is in those measures. And this doesn't apply to those chromatic 16th notes in measure#9 either, but you already have some faulty accidental-use in that measure already.
For the accidentals in measure#9, every note should be either flats or naturals on the way down, and on the way up every note should be either sharps or naturals. This does create more accidentals yeah, but in this case it makes it easier to read.
Thanks :) Not sure what I should change the beaming of notes to in the last 8 measures.
And should  I have it E Major the whole way through?

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 28, 2014, 07:50:47 PMWell
that creeped me out and made me look over my shoulder at the blinds several times.
Lol....what creeped you out?

Sebastian

And here is the progress so far on the Unofficial Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door Arrangement Project.
Originals

Story of The Thousand Year Door   Done by Spitllama
Title Screen & Main Menu  Done by Spitllama
Mario and Luigi's House - Done by mariolegofan
Adventure Begins - Done by Bloop   
Chapter Opening - Done by Bloop
Rogueport - Done by YouAreNotATadpole
Danger! - Done by mariolegofan
Event Battle - Done by Nintendude73
Battle Won with Injured Partner - Done by Bloop
A New Partner Joins - Done by Bloop
Character Abilities - Done by mariolegofan
Professor Frankly's Theme - Done by Jeglimer
Training Battle - Done by mariolegofan
Rogueport Sewers (Replacement) - Done by Bloop 
Battle Theme (Replacement)   
Hall of the Thousand Year Door - In Progress by Jegilmer 
Petal Meadows (Replacement) - Done by Bloop
Petalburg - Done by Dekutrombonist
You got Mail! - Done by Bloop
Level Up! - Done by Bloop
The 65th Super Fun Quirk Quiz 
Right! - Done by Bloop
Taking a Nap - Done by mariolegofan
Hooktail Castle Appears - Done by Bloop
Hooktail Castle - Done by Jeglimer
Ms. Mowz's Theme 
Boss - Hooktail - In Progress by mariolegofan...maybe 
Reunion - Done by mariolegofan
Get the Crystal Star - Done by Bloop
Chapter Ending  Done by mariolegofan
Princess Peach's Theme - Done by mariolegofan
Peach Mail (Replacement) - Done by Bloop 
Luigi's Story (Replacement) 
Theme of the Punies - Done by mariolegofan 
Boggly Woods - Claimed by Jegilmer 
Theme of the Shadow Sirens - In Progress by mariolegofan 
The Great Boggly Tree 
Boss - The Shadow Sirens (Shadow Siren Scuffle) - Done by Spitllama
Madame Flurrie's Theme 
More Danger 
Magnus von Grapple 
Boss - Magnus von Grapple (Replacement) 
TEC's Waltz 
Bowser's Theme 
Bowser's Quest World 1-1 
Bowser's Quest - Invincible 
Bowser's Quest - Lose Life 
Bowser's Quest - Level Clear - Done by Bloop 
Don Pianta's Theme 
Mini Game 
The Robbo Thieves
The Blimp Ride 
Glitzville   
The Glitz Pit - Done by The Deku Trombonist
Grubba's Theme
Glitz Pit Intro - Done by Bloop
Glitz Pit Outro - Done by Bloop
Paper Mario & The Giant Egg 
X-Mail - Done by Jegilmer
Boss - Rawk Hawk 
Treacherous Grubba  Boss - Macho Grubba 
Ms. Jolene's Theme - Done by mariolegofan
Twilight Town - Done by mariolegofan
Twilight Trail 
Creepy Steeple 
Doopliss's Theme 
Boss - Doopliss - Done by mariolegofan
Bowser's Quest - 2-1 
Cooking with Zess T. 
Voyage 
Pirate Ghosts Appear 
Keelhaul Key   
Pirate's Grotto 
Boss - Cortez (Replacement) 
Disk System Startup - Done by Bloop 
Pit of 100 Trials 
The Excess Express 
Pennington's Theme - Done by Brassman
Dusk 
Riverside Station 
Boss - The Smorgs   
Poshley Heights - Done by Spitllama
The Sactum 
Bowser's Quest - World 3-1
Fahr Outpost 
Shooting for the Stars 
X-Naut Fortress (Replacement) 
The Palace of Shadow 
Tower of Riddles 
Deep into the Shadows 
Boss - Grodus 
Boss - Bowser 
Shadow Queen Awakens  Done by Bloop
Boss - Shadow Queen Part 1 (Peach Form) (Replacement) 
We Believe in You Mario! - Done by mariolegofan
Boss - Shadow Queen Part 2 - Done by mariolegofan
Peach is Saved 
Leaving Rogueport 
Going Home 
Shining Rogueport 
Here we Go Again   
Game Over 
Staff Credits
Found a Badge - Done by Bloop
Found an Important - Done by Bloop
Get Important Item - Done by Bloop
Secret Revealed - Done by Bloop
Get Important Item - Done by Bloop

You should find all the completed works on the arranger's page
If anyone would like to do one, just say so :)

daringdan3721

Hey mariolegofan! I'd like to start off that I love the work that you do and appreciate it to levels unimaginable. I always get excited when I see you've updated.

I was reading through your thread and saw that you are attempting to do the entire Paper Mario TTYD ost- a commendable task. However, I noticed the tracklist you are using is incomplete. I have a full rip of the game, which totals 140 tracks. I have assembled them into a list for you here:

http://i.imgur.com/Iva7KRA.png

I don't know if it will be useful to you at all, but I figured I'd offer it to you in light of what you hope to do. I look forward to seeing the results, and best of luck!
To feel sadness is to live, but as long as you are alive, the future is a blank page.

Sebastian

Quote from: daringdan3721 on May 29, 2014, 06:15:21 PMHey mariolegofan! I'd like to start off that I love the work that you do and appreciate it to levels unimaginable. I always get excited when I see you've updated.

Quote from: daringdan3721 on May 29, 2014, 06:15:21 PMI was reading through your thread and saw that you are attempting to do the entire Paper Mario TTYD ost- a commendable task. However, I noticed the tracklist you are using is incomplete. I have a full rip of the game, which totals 140 tracks. I have assembled them into a list for you here:

http://i.imgur.com/Iva7KRA.png

I don't know if it will be useful to you at all, but I figured I'd offer it to you in light of what you hope to do. I look forward to seeing the results, and best of luck!
Thanks for the list.
There were a few songs I decided to leave out for some reasons such as being to hard to play on the piano or to hard to arrange. I left out Shwonk Fortress, Curse of the Black Box, Sinking Spikey Ceiling, and A Dragon in the Sky because they were either impossible to play on the piano, 90% Drums, or Very Very hard to arrange.

daringdan3721

Quote from: mariolegofan on May 29, 2014, 06:50:17 PMThere were a few songs I decided to leave out for some reasons such as being to hard to play on the piano or to hard to arrange. I left out Shwonk Fortress, Curse of the Black Box, Sinking Spikey Ceiling, and A Dragon in the Sky because they were either impossible to play on the piano, 90% Drums, or Very Very hard to arrange.

Yeah totally- it helps flesh out the soundtrack's variation, even if it does make for an impossible transcription. Anyways, looking forward to what you put out, I'll be watching for Night on the Excess Express!
To feel sadness is to live, but as long as you are alive, the future is a blank page.

Sebastian

Quote from: daringdan3721 on May 29, 2014, 09:36:46 PMYeah totally- it helps flesh out the soundtrack's variation, even if it does make for an impossible transcription. Anyways, looking forward to what you put out, I'll be watching for Night on the Excess Express!
Ok :)

Jompa

Quote from: mariolegofan on May 29, 2014, 08:22:17 AMThanks :) Not sure what I should change the beaming of notes to in the last 8 measures.
And should  I have it E Major the whole way through?
Yes, Emajor all the way.
The rhythm for those measure figures is "dotted eight + sixteenth + eight rest + eight + sixteenth rest + dotted eight + quarter".
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

Quote from: Jompa on May 29, 2014, 02:20:43 AMThat's pretty good so I won't say much, apart from this:
Lastly:
Quote from: Jompa on May 30, 2014, 01:49:39 PMYes, Emajor all the way.
The rhythm for those measure figures is "dotted eight + sixteenth + eight rest + eight + sixteenth rest + dotted eight + quarter".
Fixed

Danger
[ZIP]

Sebastian

Character Abilities  NEW!!!
[ZIP]

Original:

I should have "Training Battle (Replacement)" done tomorrow :)

Jompa

Quote from: mariolegofan on May 31, 2014, 03:31:39 PMCharacter Abilities  NEW!!!
[ZIP]
You have the wrong key signature. It's supposed to be F-major where you now have Bb-major. You're right about where you use Eb-major though.
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

Sebastian

Sebastian

Training Battle
[ZIP]

Only thing I'm not a 100% sure about is the Key Change in measure 8.

Original:

I'm going to be doing Petal Meadows next. There is no way in heck I'll be able to do Rogueport Sewers, so if one of you advanced arrangers wants to do it knock yourself out :)