News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Sebastian's Arrangement Library

Started by Sebastian, October 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you see this?

Yes
Yes

Sebastian

Mysteries of the Pit
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
[ZIP]
Here is the fixed version
Thanks again to FierceDeity :)

Sebastian

Hazy Maze Cave NEW!!!
[ZIP]
If there is anything that needs added (slurs, crescendos, etc.) please tell me :)

Ms. Jolene's Theme
[ZIP]
Fixed the thing in bar 11 FeirceDeity recommended.

Sebastian

Good Night Paper Mario NEW!!!
[ZIP]

Taking a Nap from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door NEW!!!
[ZIP]

This was actually harder than I thought it was going to be :)
The notes were kinda hard to hear. So, please tell me if there is any mistakes. :)

Sebastian

Airship from New Super Mario Bros. Wii
[ZIP]
I hope you guys like it :)

Sebastian

mikey

unmotivated

Sebastian

fingerz

Don't worry, it's what happens to arrangers... People listen but can't be bothered to write something.  >:(

I KEEP DOING SONGS THAT PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY DONE!! Sorry... I did another version of Funky Stadium. Hope you don't mind! :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Sebastian

Quote from: fingerz on December 29, 2013, 04:39:59 PMDon't worry, it's what happens to arrangers... People listen but can't be bothered to write something.  >:(

I KEEP DOING SONGS THAT PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY DONE!! Sorry... I did another version of Funky Stadium. Hope you don't mind! :)
Thats ok :)
Maybe you can help me get my arrangments up to par?? I feel like I have been bothering Olimar WAY WAY to much...

fingerz

Hahaha! We'll see. You can choose a few that you think I'd like to do. :)
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Sebastian

fingerz

RIGHT! Finally got around to checking out your new(ish) arrangements! They're GREAT!! Your Airship arrangement is spot-on and those chords are perfect. A fine job, my friend. I couldn't have done better. :)

I just have one suggestion for you; you should consider adding some extra notes into 'dead' areas of your arrangements to give them more life. What I mean by that is that you listen to the percussion part and take little snippets out of it to fill up emptiness. For example, I've added a bass line in Funky Stadium so it actually sounds authentic. Your Glitz Pit Mysteries from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door could do with just a little bit of it. Give it a go and see how it turns out! :D

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 25, 2013, 06:26:37 AMWhy do I bother arranging?  :( Last 4 posts were by me :(
Y'know, you're not the only one that's had this thought before. It made me think; why do we arrange? What do we get from it? So, I have a little something for you...

Question: Why DO you arrange? What makes you want to arrange? Think hard on that and let me know. :D

Sebastian

Quote from: fingerz on January 03, 2014, 03:59:09 PMRIGHT! Finally got around to checking out your new(ish) arrangements! They're GREAT!! Your Airship arrangement is spot-on and those chords are perfect. A fine job, my friend. I couldn't have done better. :)

Thanks! I enjoyed arranging that one :)

Quote from: fingerz on January 03, 2014, 03:59:09 PMI just have one suggestion for you; you should consider adding some extra notes into 'dead' areas of your arrangements to give them more life. What I mean by that is that you listen to the percussion part and take little snippets out of it to fill up emptiness. For example, I've added a bass line in Funky Stadium so it actually sounds authentic. Your Glitz Pit Mysteries from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door could do with just a little bit of it. Give it a go and see how it turns out! :D

Yeah, Funky Stadium I did a while back and I really didnt like how it turned out....
Thanks for all the advice, though :)

Quote from: fingerz on January 03, 2014, 03:59:09 PMY'know, you're not the only one that's had this thought before. It made me think; why do we arrange? What do we get from it? So, I have a little something for you...
Question: Why DO you arrange? What makes you want to arrange? Think hard on that and let me know. :D

Well, I really enjoy arranging and fufilling people's requests and my own requests.
I also consider it a hobby :) One of my favorite things to do is play the piano. So, another reason I arrange is to play those songs that I arrange (or others arrange) on the piano.

Thanks again for that advice. Oh, and, I think you should arrange some songs from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door :)

Sebastian

Fort Francis from Super Paper Mario
[ZIP]

I finally got this one done :) Please guys tell me if there are any errors or mistakes. I really want to continue growing in arranging.

Jompa

The three things that come to mind the most when I view'd this were:

- You have to fix up a lot of accidentals. Put yourself in the shoes of the performer - there's a lot here that is hard to read. You have parenthesized some, but there are more places in need of this! But don't just go on a parenthesize-rampage, use enharmonic ways of writing the notes too (some of these places practically has to be changed into the enharmonic of the notes)!
I suggest you look at chord functions n stuff for this, because somehow that is the bigger problem with your accidentals.

- The beaming of notes. Not all of it is illegal, but much of it could be written differently!
Think about where the beats are! It's not as easy to say in 3/4, but all the beats should be "visible" for the most part. But as I tried to imply, there are many exceptions to this in 3/4...

- The balance of the arrangement is pretty much a mess (If I am allowed to be harsh).
Try to listen to it, with a neutral mind. Is that really musically good?
What I am mainly referring to is how you start out the piece with a "bass-on-the-1-and-chord-on-2-&-3"-thing, right? BUT that immediately ends when you get to the main melody part, in where there's almost nothing interesting happening. I have not heard the original, so I MIGHT be an idiot here, but wouldn't it be better to keep up that same pattern in the left hand? It wouldn't be too difficult playing-wise, so I don't see why not. You are doing it in the late parts of the song.
Birdo for Smash