Previous topic - Next topic

Do you see this?

Yes
Yes

FierceDeity

You could have just edited your other post with that XD
But yeah, I know, it wasn't too hard to find haha

Sebastian

....and....what do you mean by using grace notes? Where do I put those?

Fixed: Nevermind

Jompa

Quote from: FierceDeity on October 20, 2013, 02:41:09 PMbut in reality that's because you're never really supposed to repeat back to the pickup measure.
Not quite right to put it like that - it's very common to do so - it's just finale's fault.
To avoid waking my parents with loud keyboard-tapping I'll rather than explaining it all, just post this arrangement where I do a simple "repeat-back-to-the-pickup"-thing:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/75726060/Kanon%202006/Approaching%20Light/Approaching%20Light.mus
^If you look at the measure before the repeat you can see that it only contains note values to fill the measure when it is summed together with the pickup measure at the start.
Doing this is very common - though mostly in simple melodies n'stuff - it's fine to do so, as long as it's all correct with the measure before the repeat, which I assume isn't the case with mariolegofan's arrangement (sorry, I haven't taken a look at it).
It's even fine to do things like this in the middle of a song, by just throwing a repeat in somewhere in a measure that isn't the first beat. But this is not very common.

And I just wanna close with that this has nothing to do with the mariolegofan's arrangement, so I'm sorry for the spam.
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

FierceDeity

Hm. Well, in MLF's arrangement, he switches the last bar before the repeat to 3/4 rather than 4/4 in order to compensate, and I'm pretty sure that's not the appropriate way to do it. While I admit I have seen your method before, I've seen it a lot less often, and personally, I find the "repeat back to the first full measure" method a lot more coherent for sight reading. But yeah, had he used your method, that'd still be fine.

FierceDeity

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 20, 2013, 02:49:39 PMThis is not true. I listened to it over and over and didnt here them

Well, just because you don't hear it doesn't necessarily doesn't mean it isn't true, haha. It's difficult to hear, I'll admit, but if you listen closely to the individual lines of the left and right hand, you will hear that the predominant voice on those three notes isn't in the same register as the right hand melody.

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 20, 2013, 02:56:20 PM....and....what do you mean by using grace notes? Where do I put those?

Fixed: Nevermind

Haha yeah that's one method of getting the music box feel that wouldn't have really worked for this arrangement XD

Sebastian

theblackgiantdoghead44

Can I request something for you to arrange and if so

Here's the link

Donkey Kong 64 - Hideout Helm Bonus Barrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=EzElPkFJavc

Yugi

he finally posts outside the request board

FierceDeity

Quote from: Yugi on November 02, 2013, 06:32:35 PMhe finally posts outside the request board

And yet, it's still a request :P
(Just yanking your chain, blackgiantdoghead, I've already gone over this, I don't care how many requests you make haha)

Also, MLF, I just took a look at your revised version of Ms. Jolene's Theme and realized that you left out the octaves I mentioned in beats 2, 3, and 4 of bar 11. Not sure if you forgot, or just disagree with me on that, but yeah haha.

Also, not sure if this is just something that my finale did, but the last page just has one bar on it; if this is the case when you open it on yours, and you have the ability to do so, you should downsize it a little bit so that it all fits on one page.

Sebastian

Quote from: FierceDeity on November 02, 2013, 06:45:25 PMAlso, MLF, I just took a look at your revised version of Ms. Jolene's Theme and realized that you left out the octaves I mentioned in beats 2, 3, and 4 of bar 11. Not sure if you forgot, or just disagree with me on that, but yeah haha.
Oh...I forgot :)

Quote from: theblackgiantdoghead44 on November 02, 2013, 06:27:23 PMCan I request something for you to arrange and if so

Here's the link

Donkey Kong 64 - Hideout Helm Bonus Barrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=EzElPkFJavc
Maybe some day in the near near future. I am currently very busy. Why dont you arrange?? I used to be like you, requesting all the time, writing on peoples threads, pming asking them to arrange for me. Its much easier my boy if you just do it yourself :) I recommend you learn :)

FierceDeity

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 02, 2013, 06:56:30 PMI used to be like you, requesting all the time, writing on peoples threads, pming asking them to arrange for me. Its much easier my boy if you just do it yourself :) I recommend you learn :)

Adding: "Young grasshopper."

Sebastian

SlowPokemon

That's right little grasshopper keep your chin up
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian