News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Sebastian's Arrangement Library

Started by Sebastian, October 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you see this?

Yes
Yes

DonValentino

Sebastian

mikey

unmotivated

Sebastian

Introducing: OST Tackling.

OST Tackling is a weird fancy name for arranging an entire OST in a given amount of time. I got this idea from the Great BespinBen. I would like to thank him for the idea and for the layout I am using for this post.
The first game I will be doing is:

[SNES] Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

(#1):Opening Fanfare     

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RwHYoLZl-w

Sebastian

(#4):Klomp's Romp     

This is a very simple F major piece that is upbeat and fun to play! To give the piece a fuller sound, I added the drum line. I hope you all enjoy, and as always, anyway feedback is appreciated!

You may also noticed that I skipped 2 & 3. They are already on the site.
Starts around 0:20.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnUOVXZwmMY

DonValentino

Interesting, good luck with your project! btw you hid all the rests in the last measure of Fanfare, LH. lol

Sebastian

Sebastian

(#5):Lockjaw's Saga     

Not a very "pianistic", that's for sure, but still nice nevertheless. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfe4e8Gd9oM

Sebastian

(#6):Jib Jig     

Very fun piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbKTi_Rph9o

DonValentino

Just after taking a look at Lockjaw you post this, sweet. In Jib Jig, m. 17 you got a wrong rest order, the dotted quarter one should go first. Nice ones again!

Sebastian

Quote from: DonValentino on July 01, 2016, 10:27:56 AMIn Jib Jig, m. 17 you got a wrong rest order, the dotted quarter one should go first. Nice ones again!
Lol, I always mess up 12/8 rests once in a while. :P
Thanks for the feedback!

Sebastian

(#9):Bayou Boogie     

This song has been on my to-do list for.....forever. So happy to finally have it done! I hope you all enjoy it.
Fun fact: This is only the second song I've ever arranged with 0 accidentals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HzaD9Viafc

TheZeldaPianist275

Dang, you really cranked out these things since I left!  And Diddy Kong's Quest has such a great and atmospheric soundtrack, it's nice to see someone plowing through these.

Very well done, particularly on such a percussion-driven song.  No harmonics-related issues stick out to me.  The one thing I can think of is that during a performance, the transition from piano slaps and foot stomps to regular piano playing would be jarring, so I would suggest keeping something of that nature in measures 9 to around 12, just to ease into the main melody of the piece.  Very solid sheet, otherwise.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 05, 2016, 03:03:10 PMThe one thing I can think of is that during a performance, the transition from piano slaps and foot stomps to regular piano playing would be jarring, so I would suggest keeping something of that nature in measures 9 to around 12, just to ease into the main melody of the piece.

Basically my criticism in a nutshell. You could keep the beat in, and just make it go quieter through Measure 9 & 10. Or you could have it go quieter from Measure 8. Your choice.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Sebastian

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 05, 2016, 03:03:10 PMDiddy Kong's Quest has such a great and atmospheric soundtrack, it's nice to see someone plowing through these.
Haha, thanks! I've been wanting to do a bunch of Donkey Kong Country 2 sheets for a while now. I just didn't do them until I played the game which gave me the push.
The more I listen to these songs, the more of love them. David Wise has great music, but Grant Kirkhope still reigns as the best Rare composer in my book though haha.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 05, 2016, 03:03:10 PMDang, you really cranked out these things since I left!
Also, don't worry, MLF (the troll) is gone ;)

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 05, 2016, 03:03:10 PMVery well done, particularly on such a percussion-driven song.  No harmonics-related issues stick out to me.  The one thing I can think of is that during a performance, the transition from piano slaps and foot stomps to regular piano playing would be jarring, so I would suggest keeping something of that nature in measures 9 to around 12, just to ease into the main melody of the piece.  Very solid sheet, otherwise.
Good suggestion. I quit the percussion at M. 8 to signal a transition into a different section (hence the double bar line). I originally decided to put the percussion in M. 8 & 9, as well, but took them out in the end.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on July 05, 2016, 03:14:16 PMBasically my criticism in a nutshell. You could keep the beat in, and just make it go quieter through Measure 9 & 10. Or you could have it go quieter from Measure 8. Your choice.
Hmm, I like this. I think I'll add a little "dying out" effect in M. 7 & 8.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, guys!