News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Sebastian's Arrangement Library

Started by Sebastian, October 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you see this?

Yes
Yes

Jompa

You've got accidental mistakes in measures#7, #15 and #31.
There's notation error in the right hand in measures#15, #26, #35, #38 and #40, and there's notation error in the left hand in measures#9 through #15.
Other than that, it's pretty good!
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

Sebastian

NEW! :)
A Princess in Distress
[ZIP]

Please Guys, I NEEEED advice and Criticism on ALL my NEW!!! Arrangments or I wont grow at arranging  :(

Jompa

All the places where you do the "dotted quarter - eight rest - quarter" thing - why not just use "half - quarter"? That would look better.

Measure#4: Cb should be B natural.

In measure#23: The C# should be Db. You might wanna parenthesize it, but that's up to you.

Also: That bow that goes over the entire song; I don't know if you intend it to be a phrase bow or a legato bow, but you should at least stop it at that measure with the break, and start it in the next measure.

Other than that, it's good.
Birdo for Smash

FierceDeity

What Jompa said about Princess in Distress is good (as always, haha). Personally, though, I'd like to see some articulation marked, especially seeing as it's such a nice, simple piece, and note length and attack are what I feel like give it its character. The emphasized downbeat and shortened beats 2 and 3 in the left hand (at least, in most of the bars) are what make this song have a sort of waltz-like feel. You have the foundation down well; articulation is just one more step in refining it.
Oh, and as far as note length goes, I'd suggest changing the quarter note in the right hand at bar 7 to a dotted half. And, for the "dotted quarter - eight rest - quarter" figure Jompa pointed out, I think it's probably okay the way it is, because currently, it implies the correct amount of space between notes. That's one I'm not too sure about; it's fine either way, really.
...Based on his track record, I'd probably just listen to Jompa on that one, haha.

DonValentino

Here's some feedback:

Paper Mario - "File Select"

- Measure 7: The octava bassa isn't necessary for that last G.
- Measure 8: the A flat should be G sharp.
- Measure 9: the D flat should be C sharp.

And that's it with that arrangement. Good job. :)

Sebastian

Sebastian

Hey Guys!
I am currently working on The Underwhere from Super Paper Mario and its pretty tough! :)
Please if anyone has a request for me to do. Please tell me. I like paper mario songs  :)

ALPRAS

Pretty cool arrangements you got there :) Congrats!

Since you like Paper Mario songs, you could make Cont Bleck's theme from Super Paper Mario!

Sebastian

Thanks!
Yeah, im a Paper Mario kind of Guy! :)
I think when Im finished I will do Count Bleck's Theme
Check my first post to see what I will be doing in the future.

Fixed: I put the songs on my first post that I will be doing in the future.
From Paper Mario, Super Paper Mario, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

JDMEK5

Why did you have to get yourself an avatar that looks so similar to mine? I'm getting confused! :P
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 23, 2013, 05:48:31 PMWhy did you have to get yourself an avatar that looks so similar to mine? I'm getting confused! :P
So I wasn't the only one to think that... :-X
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 22, 2013, 12:50:49 PMI think when Im finished I will do Count Bleck's Theme

Be careful, that's an extremely hard song to arrange (are you thinking of "The Evil Count Bleck" or "Count Bleck's Plan"?)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

ALPRAS

Quote from: FireArrow on August 23, 2013, 07:19:10 PMBe careful, that's an extremely hard song to arrange (are you thinking of "The Evil Count Bleck" or "Count Bleck's Plan"?)

Indeed, I tried it myself and I had to give up. All musics in general from Super Paper Mario are hard to arrange...
I hope you can do it, if you can't, well, you still gain some experience. You need to be an expert to do this one...

Sebastian

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 23, 2013, 05:48:31 PMWhy did you have to get yourself an avatar that looks so similar to mine? I'm getting confused! :P
Sorry, I didn't mean to copy you  :-[