Sebastian's Arrangement Library

Started by Sebastian, October 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you see this?

Yes
Yes

Jompa

mariolegofan, it's F-minor untill measure 15. JDMEK5 is completely wrong.
Birdo for Smash

Bespinben

*The tone Db is nowhere to be found in m. 1-14.
*F minor would constitute the IV of C minor key, and G major the V. Thus, the progression from V --> IV makes sense.
*In key of F minor, the progression of G major to F minor is not found diatonically, because you have to raise the 4th of the key up a half-step to achieve this (Bb --> B).

I side with JDMEK.

(I thought Olimar already did this song though?)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Jompa

Quote from: Bespinben on April 17, 2015, 02:58:21 PM*The tone Db is nowhere to be found in m. 1-14.
*F minor would constitute the IV of C minor key, and G major the V. Thus, the progression from V --> IV makes sense.
*In key of F minor, the progression of G major to F minor is not found diatonically, because you have to raise the 4th of the key up a half-step to achieve this (Bb --> B).
Explain how ANY of these points are the least bit relevant to what key it is in. Doesn't look to me like you've actually listened to the music. For that first point: The tone Db is found in the first measure, but wether it appears or not has nothing to say about what the tonal center is - The tone Db isn't defining for the key of F-minor anyways. The second point doesn't make much sense in relevance to this. For the third point: not all music follows key diatonically (that'd be insane), and using the raised fourth step is an extremely common thing to do to achieve that "scary"-like mood this song relies on (if I really have to rely on some kinda "evidence" as you're trying to do). But it doesn't affect the key at all.
I have a point of my own, which actually is relevant to the what key the song is in:
*The tonal center of the music in m. 1-14 is F-minor. That all.

I am shocked that you guys think there's even any room for arguement on this case. It's a very basic think to hear what the tonal center of some simple atonal music-piece is.
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

I the one Olimar just did (in the request board) is the boss battle. But I think he did do this one but said he'd have to dig it up. So I just did it :p

Thanks for the feedback guys! I will get all that fixed pronto!

About the key sig.....honestly I just didn't put one cause I didn't know. My best guess was C Minor but forgot to put it in.....I do here F minor in the first 14 measures though.
Unfortunately, I agree with Jompa here. I thought it was in F minor in those measures.....

JesterMusician

I have to agree with Jompa; the key is F minor until Measure 15. The music all revolves around F. For confirmation, consider the melodic bass line - it comes up in other songs from this game, which are in F major. In measure 14, we have this G7 -> Cm, bringing us into that key.

Sebastian

I got everything fixed in Castle fm Super Mario World. I decided to put it in F minor to 15 and C minor the rest of the way since it is very obvious to me it's in f minor.
Only thing I didn't do is change something in measure 15..... I honestly don't know what to do. That'd be nice if someoje could get it :)
And.....
Another Grant Kirkhope composition :)

Facility from Goldeneye 007 (N64)
[ZIP]
Feedback would be great! :)

Jompa

For that rhythmic figure in that low C in the left hand in the second half of the piece: you should use these rhythms instead: dotted quarter+eight+dotted quarter+eight, as those are the exact same rhythms as you've already written, just correctly grouped!
And for the part where there are many exactly similar measures one after another for a while (I'm thinking of where that low-C-figure in the left hand starts), I'd only write one of the measures, put in repeat symbols, and write how many times it should be repeated.
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

Quote from: Jompa on April 18, 2015, 12:37:06 PMFor that rhythmic figure in that low C in the left hand in the second half of the piece: you should use these rhythms instead: dotted quarter+eight+dotted quarter+eight, as those are the exact same rhythms as you've already written, just correctly grouped!
*sigh* I hate myself.....one of my biggest troubles is note beaming :p
I'll get that.
Thanks!

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Sebastian

So Jompa, I have a question about beaming which I suck at so so bad. How do you know what to do every time correctly? I always thought you had to just show the 3rd beat clearly.....
Like how did you know what to put in that song (Goldeneye piece)

Jompa

In 4/4 yes, it pretty much only comes down to showing the third beat, and what you did in the second halfs of each measures isn't actually all that wrong in the context we're talking about right now (It'd still be correct (in really old-style notation) if you used quarter-tied-with-eight (it'd just be really unnecessary)), but what is wrong is that you were being inconsistent! The first halves of all those measrues uses the exact same rhythms as the second halves of those measures, but you were notating them differently! And since the beaming you used in all those first halves definitely is the prefered one (and correct one), you should just use that throughout (and in the future too).
I like to notate eights in 4/4 grouped 2+2+2+2, but I still use dotted quarters whenever they occur, instead of tying quarter&eight - so dotted quarters are definitely the prefered notation - even to us who do the 2+2+2+2 in 4/4.
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

Sebastian

Super Mario Galaxy 2
World Map 3
[ZIP]

Feedback would be great! :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vLXL3NY3uBo