News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Sebastian's Arrangement Library

Started by Sebastian, October 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you see this?

Yes
Yes

Sebastian

Honey B's Hive NEW!!! from Banjo-Tooie
[ZIP]
This one I was debating whether to put in 4/4 or 12/8....so I put it in 4/4.
Was I right?

Feedback would be great :)

DonValentino

It's ok in 4/4. You also got all the accidentals right and the correct key signature, good job!

Only thing I can point out, being nitpicky, is that the Bs in measures 13 and 17 you have between parentheses are playable and therefore can be without them, because the left hand is staccato.

Sebastian

Quote from: DonValentino on October 03, 2014, 01:29:17 AMIt's ok in 4/4. You also got all the accidentals right and the correct key signature, good job!

Only thing I can point out, being nitpicky, is that the Bs in measures 13 and 17 you have between parentheses are playable and therefore can be without them, because the left hand is staccato.
Gotcha thanks

Clanker37

Great job! I love this nifty tune!

One thing I would change have the Swing tempo function and replace all the crotchet-quaver triplet groupings with just quavers. The Swing function should make it swing appropriatly and your piece would look much neater as well as fitting the style of the piece.

Also, this piece is certainly not 12/8 and you were correct to put it in 4/4. This is because 12/8 is a compound time signature and has 3 even pulses per beat (Listen to Gruntilda's Lair and divide each beat into three to see what I mean). This piece only has 2 even pulses per beat, hence making it a simple time signature. You should be able to divide each beat into 2 separate pulses.

Anyway, I hope that makes sense. Keep up the fantastic work!

Sebastian

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 07, 2014, 10:58:47 AMGreat job! I love this nifty tune!

One thing I would change have the Swing tempo function and replace all the crotchet-quaver triplet groupings with just quavers. The Swing function should make it swing appropriatly and your piece would look much neater as well as fitting the style of the piece.

Also, this piece is certainly not 12/8 and you were correct to put it in 4/4. This is because 12/8 is a compound time signature and has 3 even pulses per beat (Listen to Gruntilda's Lair and divide each beat into three to see what I mean). This piece only has 2 even pulses per beat, hence making it a simple time signature. You should be able to divide each beat into 2 separate pulses.

Anyway, I hope that makes sense. Keep up the fantastic work!
Thanks!
Will make those changes, but I've been really busy...

Sebastian

Grunty Industries (Inside) NEW!!! from Banjo-Tooie
[ZIP]

Some interesting challenges came up in this song....but pushed through :P
I wanna say there is a key change but eh
Feedback would be great :)

Sebastian

Hi everyone!
I have an announcement to make:
For the next few days, weeks, or month, I dont know, I will be fixing up ALL my arrangements. Except for the On Site ones or for the Paper Marios ones I will be fixing up all my arrangements before I bring a brand new one. If I missed any mistakes in an arrangement as Im doing this please tell me :)

Sebastian

First Fix

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Castle
[ZIP]

* Resized Page
* Put correct Composer Name
* Put correct bpm marking

Starts at 11:49
Original:

Did I miss anything?

Sebastian

2nd Fix

3 AM from Animal Crossing New Leaf
[ZIP]

* Fixed Title
* Added Dynamics and Diminuendo
* Added a Slur

Original:

Did I miss anything?

Sebastian

Another Fix :)

4 AM from Animal Crossing New Leaf
(Zip on Original post :)  )

* Fixed Title
* Added Slurs
* Fixed Page Format

Original:

Did I miss anything?

Gotta go to work till 6:30....should have another done tonight...

Clanker37

On Grunty Industries (Inside):

-The tempo marking should be 144. As a rule, round all tempo markings up to nearest multiple of 4, since this is how they're listed on most metronomes. Also 143 is a bit obnoxious :P
-bars 23 and 24 should keep the quaver ostinato in the left hand. In this case you've changed the instrument you're transcribing mid-song only to return to it the following bar. To me, it interrupts the flow and energy built already in the piece and doesn't fit well.
-This same argument could be applied to bars 49 - 68, but since it's a new section, it can still work.
-For aesthetics, after about two or so bars, hide all the staccato dots and put "simile." It just makes your notation look prettier and is darn impressive. Note that simile only applies for one section, so when you reach a new section (ie bar 33 and 49) you should notate the staccatos again before putting simile again.
-Bar 84 is obnoxiously large. You can fix this by fitting the measures (control+M)
-On the key change, one could argue a key change to F minor at bar 49, but the following bars are so modulatory that its not really worth it.
-A better title would be "Grunty Industries (Interiors)", but that's up to you.
-Perhaps have a Bass clef when the right hand gets particularly low (ie at bars 54 and 56 etc.)
-Note and rhythm wise, it's fantastic.

Wow that's more than I wanted to say. Overall, its a very polished arrangement. You've done well.

Sebastian

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 18, 2014, 10:40:21 AMOn Grunty Industries (Inside):

-The tempo marking should be 144. As a rule, round all tempo markings up to nearest multiple of 4, since this is how they're listed on most metronomes. Also 143 is a bit obnoxious :P
-bars 23 and 24 should keep the quaver ostinato in the left hand. In this case you've changed the instrument you're transcribing mid-song only to return to it the following bar. To me, it interrupts the flow and energy built already in the piece and doesn't fit well.
-This same argument could be applied to bars 49 - 68, but since it's a new section, it can still work.
-For aesthetics, after about two or so bars, hide all the staccato dots and put "simile." It just makes your notation look prettier and is darn impressive. Note that simile only applies for one section, so when you reach a new section (ie bar 33 and 49) you should notate the staccatos again before putting simile again.
-Bar 84 is obnoxiously large. You can fix this by fitting the measures (control+M)
-On the key change, one could argue a key change to F minor at bar 49, but the following bars are so modulatory that its not really worth it.
-A better title would be "Grunty Industries (Interiors)", but that's up to you.
-Perhaps have a Bass clef when the right hand gets particularly low (ie at bars 54 and 56 etc.)
-Note and rhythm wise, it's fantastic.

Wow that's more than I wanted to say. Overall, its a very polished arrangement. You've done well.
Thanks....get my pm? :)

Jompa

"Castle" should be in B-major, not mnor.

Copyright in 3 AM is wrong: should be like this:
QuoteNintendo, Monolith Soft © 2012
http://www.ninsheetm.us/
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

braix

Isn't it *mariolegofan's Arrangements' Various Fixes
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.