Sebastian's Arrangement Library

Started by Sebastian, October 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you see this?

Yes
Yes

fingerz

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 04, 2014, 06:51:20 AMWell, I really enjoy arranging and fufilling people's requests and my own requests.
I also consider it a hobby :) One of my favorite things to do is play the piano. So, another reason I arrange is to play those songs that I arrange (or others arrange) on the piano.
Thanks again for that advice. Oh, and, I think you should arrange some songs from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door :)
Yeah, fulfilling people's requests is satisfying, isn't it? I don't really do it anymore unless it's a song I really want to do as it tends to give me grief... Not quite as satisfying. XD But keep that in mind when you arrange! Even when people aren't posting or giving you compliments, we'll always be checking your stuff out and admiring it. :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Sebastian

Sebastian

31st Arrangment  ;D

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Castle
[ZIP]
[Original]

This is a fun song to play :)

Please tell me if there's any mistakes.

Sebastian

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
2 AM NEW!!!
[ZIP]

Please Guys tell me if there is anything wrong and help me fix it :)

Jompa

it's perfect except for in measure 36, because of that weird arpeggio-thing you did there.
And also that Db in measure 35 should be a C#.
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

Your kidding?!  ;D
Even the notes and timing?? Maybe Im FINALLY getting better :)

Sebastian

Sebastian

FireArrow

Due to how simple the L.H. is, you could easily incorporate the inner voice.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

FireArrow

Remember, these are arrangements, not exact transcriptions. You can move octaves/simplify chords to make it work on piano (I don't really feel like explaining why omitting is the last thing you want to do.) If playability becomes questionable, you can always just mark a layer as optional and see what the updaters say when you try to submit it.

SlowPokemon

TBH, I think the arrangement's fine. Remember that the majority of people who are going to play these sheets will be age 13 or so who just want to play songs from games they like. So I'd take playability over perfect accuracy 100% of the time.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FireArrow

^I'm mostly saying that because it sucks to go into the submission thread and be told to incorporate more voices. Removing them is just so much easier (plus a pianist can omit parts s/he can't play, while most can't just add in things that aren't in the sheet.)

Jompa

I also think that it sounds a bit lacking without the voices in-between, but thinking about difficulty I think it's okay.

The key signature is in D major though!
You have quite a bunch of accidental errors, but I think it would be better for us to look at those after you change the piece into D major.

The beaming of notes is wrong at some places. For instance in measure#7, and every measure where you use that same figure.
And also in measures#31 & #33 (left hand too!).

Also, when you have one accidental on one "step" in one hand and there's a note in the other hand that's on the same step that isn't accidentalified (for instance like F# in one hand and F in the other), you should see if the accidentalified (i don't know what the word is) note can be on the alternate enharmonic step instead (like Gb for F#) - BUT most of the time that won't work!, so what you should do instead is parenthesize accidentals to make sure the performer won't get confused.
All of this is just to make the arrangement more readable, as well as making it make sense, so if it somehow only makes it worse, there's no point in doing it.
Birdo for Smash

mikey

unmotivated