News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Repeats

Started by Bubbles, September 22, 2012, 02:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

I've noticed that whenever I put a repeat in a song, it doesnt use the repeat when I play back the song. Also, the same thing happens when I turn it into a midi. I used shado's template for a few of my songs and those repeats worked, so I know its not something wrong with my program. Is there some setting I need to put on or some invisible marking so that the song replays itself?

MaestroUGC

Notepad does not include working repeats, they are only there for visual purposes. The program itself will observe working repeats, but Notepad cannot put them in.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Copy a measure containing a working repeat from another MUS file and paste it in your file.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bubbles

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 22, 2012, 06:37:00 PMCopy a measure containing a working repeat from another MUS file and paste it in your file.
I tried that, but notepad wont let me copy repeats. Plus its a big hassle since almost every video game song endlessly repeats.

EDIT: Ok its letting me now, but idk what I did to change it

EDIT (again): I copied and pasted them but they dont work. Im so confused :/

JDMEK5

What I do is I make the MUSs and PDFs with the repeats, but write out the second loop for the MIDI. It's just a matter of copy/pasting.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on September 22, 2012, 07:49:03 PMI tried that, but notepad wont let me copy repeats. Plus its a big hassle since almost every video game song endlessly repeats.

EDIT: Ok its letting me now, but idk what I did to change it

EDIT (again): I copied and pasted them but they dont work. Im so confused :/

Use only the selection tool. Highlight the measure that contains the working repeat, then press Ctrl C. Open your file, then place with Ctrl V
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Shadoninja

Make sure you're selecting the measure stack

Select the top staff, hold shift and press down.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman