News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Jazz beat in Notepad 2012

Started by JDMEK5, September 20, 2012, 03:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Can I do this in Notepad 2012?

If I can, how?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Shadoninja

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36661985/Templates/Notepad%20Template%202012.mus

Swing Playback

The following expressions allow the user to change playback to 4 variations on swing. These are textless and will not be visible to the performer. To indicate to the performer to play swing, use the tempo text provided.

55. Light Swing Playback (75)
50. Standard Swing Playback (100)
54. Heavy Swing Playback (125)
56. Dotted Eighth, Sixteenth Swing Playback (150)

Expressions 52, 53, and 57, instruct the performer to return to straight eighths, provided in various forms to suit the user's preferences.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

JDMEK5

How did you get that "Expression Selection" window?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 25, 2012, 07:41:51 PMHow did you get that "Expression Selection" window?
It's a modified version of finale's default file.

JDMEK5

??? So I need some kind of mod or something? You lost me...

My Arrangements

Zunawe

If you edit a file that was made with the paid version of Notepad you can use that under the articulation section, I believe. Just find somebody else's arrangement of something, change the key, delete all the notes and stuff, and  you now have access to a lot of the paid version's articulations or dynamics, or other things. That was all assuming you don't already have the paid version.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 30, 2012, 11:38:57 AM??? So I need some kind of mod or something? You lost me...
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36661985/Templates/Notepad%20Template%202012.mus

Finale stores things like expressions and articulations in each individual document. That's how my template has access to all of this stuff.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Zunawe on September 30, 2012, 08:23:20 PMIf you edit a file that was made with the paid version of Notepad you can use that under the articulation section, I believe. Just find somebody else's arrangement of something, change the key, delete all the notes and stuff, and  you now have access to a lot of the paid version's articulations or dynamics, or other things. That was all assuming you don't already have the paid version.
:o Oh... That makes sense.... Thanks guys!

My Arrangements