News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, September 16, 2012, 07:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Spoiler
Even more character. His mannerisms are hilarious and endearing, and he still hums along to the brand-new, criminally catchy soundtrack. One main theme tends to appear throughout, like the first game, but with more diversity than usual. Considering this game was developed by Canadian studio Next Level Games, including a North American composer, the music fits in perfectly with Kazumi Totaka's theme (which is given some remix here as well).

Get it. Just get it.
[close]
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino

I will put this in a spoiler, just in case. :P

Spoiler
It is certainly awesome! The only thing I'm disappointed with is that you have to complete missions, and once you're done with one, you're forced to go back with E Gadd. I don't really like that, I loved the first one because Luigi was practically alone in a dark mansion (here E Gadd calls you for everything!) and you were free to go wherever you wanted.

And the most important thing, you had to discover the things for yourself, I mean, in Dark Moon E Gadd tells you almost everything and you perfectly know when you're going to fight a boss. In the first one you didn't. It was more mysterious and scaring that way.

But oh, well. Still far better than the first one in a lot of aspects. I would give it a 9 out of 10, and as Slow said: "Get it. Just get it."
[close]

SlowPokemon

^hmm. No, the puzzles and bosses aren't solved for you. The only difference is that you have to leave and re-enter the mansion a few times. Idk how far you are but the last couple levels in the first mansion and certainly the ones in the second mansion are quite fun and challenging and reminiscent of the original game.

DonValentino

But you can't say there's the same atmosphere of the first one right?
And I never said it wasn't challenging or fun, just said that exactly the forced exit and re-enter to the mansions is what I don't really like. I would have liked it like the first one with that: if you want to go to E Gadd's lab you just go the main entrance and exit by yourself.

But please don't get me wrong! It's a fantastic game! :)

SlowPokemon

Eh I'd say the atmosphere is a but different, but it's got the same charm as the original. Agreed though.

SlowPokemon

I beat the game. It was excellent. My time was 13:22. I still have a lot to do for 100% though DX

Kman96

I started this today. It's amazing!! I love it already! It's fun to play, and yeah, it's different from the original in many ways, but it's a good change. The locations are absolutely astounding and beautiful, and I love the music, too!
Party Hard!
[close]

Dude

We should do a scarescraper thing.

y/y?

SlowPokemon

I haven't looked at it yet. Is it fun? And is it possible to do it online?

Dude

Ragster

While I'm disappointed it's not as serious as the first one, it's still a fun game. It also makes me lol quite a lot.

What puts the cherry on the top for this game is the online play. Especially the fact that the floors are randomly generated. It makes the game interesting every time (well, too a certain extent).

SlowPokemon

This game is one of the best currently on the 3DS, it's the most fun with a game I've had since Virtue's Last Reward and Professor Layton in November.

SlowPokemon

I got all the Boos in the first three mansions, but I don't want to go back to the fourth one. I hated that one, and I didn't get any of the Boos so I'll have to replay all of the missions. Aaaugh.

Kman96

End of Haunted Towers
That staircase was legitimate. I honestly didn't think it was really going to be that long...but it was. And I probably fell down maybe 20 times.
[close]

Boss of Haunted Towers
Hungry Hungry Staircase.
[close]
Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

That boss was one of the coolest, most innovative bosses I've seen in a while.