Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinte Labrinth

Started by Clanker37, September 13, 2012, 02:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bespinben

Oh, oh. If only you could see the faces I made on the day it came out  ::)

IDEA: I'm thinking of doing "Musical Let's Play" for this - that is, only playing the game so far as I've arranged the soundtrack. Only problem with that is that, because I'm only a quarter through arranging the Opening theme, the cartridge is sitting oh so tantalizingly on my desk still.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

braix

Quote from: Bespinben on October 30, 2014, 02:28:18 PMIDEA: I'm thinking of doing "Musical Let's Play" for this - that is, only playing the game so far as I've arranged the soundtrack. Only problem with that is that, because I'm only a quarter through arranging the Opening theme, the cartridge is sitting oh so tantalizingly on my desk still.

Bad idea
It ruins the fun
Don't do it
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 30, 2014, 03:25:13 PMFor a second I thought this was a haiku
That's a bad idea
It really ruins the fun
You shouldn't do it

fixed it.

mikey

unmotivated

Bespinben

I gave in. No musical LP for me. Too much waiting! 12 years of it I did! In Azkaban North Carolina!

That said, I'm very impressed with the little details I've seen so far. Watch the Tepig mugshot as I delete the old save data:

It's... heart-wrenching. Almost. I nearly didn't want to delete the old file just because of that! PMD Rescue Team, PMD Explorers --- they never BEGGED ME to not delete the old saves. Why? because eventually you just end up being just another mindless NPC in those games wandering through your friend area for all eternity (Explorers does a little better, but still). What was the profile worth? Yeah sure delete me, I don't care.
Not this time!

(#adorable) (#youwinSlow)

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Don't diss North Carolina. Gay people can get married there now.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

Waddle Bro

Broham is the best nickname I've heard for Tepig's evolution line omg

Kman96

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 31, 2014, 08:33:29 AMAHA
North Carolina
YESSSSSS

Nocturne, I love that we don't even care about Bespinben's PMD troubles. All we want to know is where he went xDDDD
Party Hard!
[close]

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Bespinben on October 31, 2014, 08:11:27 AMI gave in. No musical LP for me. Too much waiting! 12 years of it I did! In Azkaban North Carolina!

That said, I'm very impressed with the little details I've seen so far. Watch the Tepig mugshot as I delete the old save data:

It's... heart-wrenching. Almost. I nearly didn't want to delete the old file just because of that! PMD Rescue Team, PMD Explorers --- they never BEGGED ME to not delete the old saves. Why? because eventually you just end up being just another mindless NPC in those games wandering through your friend area for all eternity (Explorers does a little better, but still). What was the profile worth? Yeah sure delete me, I don't care.
Not this time!

(#adorable) (#youwinSlow)
Dude don't freak out but I think you got Marriland's copy of the game
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Bespinben

I'd be more excited about that if I didn't already know Broham is the partner in Marriland's LP. Still an awesome double entendre though.
(Perhaps whoever played my copy last was inspired by his LP?)

Oooh oooh! And I gotta say, I quite like having the little "hub spaces" within dungeons. It's quite refreshing. I always wanted something like that.

Quote from: Bespinben on October 04, 2012, 10:34:04 PMNot new news, but I found this interesting. The name of the town in PMD 3DS is called 宿場町, or "Shukuba Town". According to Wikipedia, the term "Shukuba" refers to post stations (or "post towns") where travelers could rest on their journey around the nation.

So, in other words, the town in the game functions as an intermediary for travelers/explorers/rescue teams. Does this mean there might be other towns in the game, with their own respective guilds?

MY THEORY WAS CORRECT. FISTPUMP! Post Town AND Paradise.

Bespinben

Hmm...

PMD1 - "I want help out Pokémon afflicted by the natural disasters. Let's form a Rescue Team!"
PMD2 - "I want to help out Pokémon that in are in danger, but make some good moneyz along the way. Let's join an Exploration Guild!"
PMD 3DS - "I want to be the greatest land developer ever! Make paradise! Don't you too?"

Yeah. Sure...