Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinte Labrinth

Started by Clanker37, September 13, 2012, 02:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

I tried the Magnagate scanner with the demo and explored a dungeon inside of my Gatorade bottle :P

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on March 11, 2013, 05:39:27 PMI tried the Magnagate scanner with the demo and explored a dungeon inside of my Gatorade bottle :P
Time to explore the dungeon of my toenail.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

November

I like the Magnagate Dungeons. The only issue is with the demo, they get a bit repetitive and easy. Can't wait for the game~

November

So, who has their copy yet?

I'm not that far into the game, only about four hours in, but I'm not too sure what to think of it. The graphics are gorgeous and the characters are fun, but the copious amounts of text (combined with a slower text rate), lack of hunger, the really easy dungeons (like, the first five or six are max 5 levels) have made it an alright experience insofar. Very very mild gameplay spoiler up ahead:

Spoiler
Also, with these moves that increase in power (that applies to all moves, i.e. all quick attacks to all members even if they never used it before), and teammates automatically gaining EXP even if they aren't in the dungeon with you,  I have a feeling that it'll be an easy game.
[close]

Also, is there ANY way to take multiple requests at the same time, or can you only do one job request per dungeon? I couldn't find a way to take three or four or more at once, I really hope this isn't the case :<

SlowPokemon

It's okay. About what I expected as of the first couple hours; easy and repetitive gameplay and a sugary-sweet plot about friendship. It'll be fun for sure :D it might sound like I'm complaining but I think I would have been upset if they had messed with the formula too much.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

The lack of hunger isn't a bother to me... I kinda like that change, actually. It makes exploring easier and I'm not scrambling for food.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

DonValentino

Quote from: Nebbles on March 25, 2013, 01:36:06 PMThe lack of hunger isn't a bother to me... I kinda like that change, actually. It makes exploring easier and I'm not scrambling for food.

Couldn't agree more. I once died at floor 90 something of a dungeon I can't remember of PMD1 and I was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

Nebbles

It'll make longer dungeons easier to navigate without panicking. I'm fine with it.

SlowPokemon

Actually I read a review that said the last few dungeons in the game make use of the hunger mechanic.

This way does make the game less challenging, though, which is both good and bad.

Bubbles

I never really saw it as challenging, just more of a nuisance. All it did was clog up your bag and slow you down. Im curious to see what new things they introduced to replace Apples and things like Grimy food

The last few dungeons in the game, being like Temporal Tower or the Zero Isles? I don't really think they would introduce a new game mechanic like that just a few places, unless it was after the storyline/had something to do with the story

And my mom forced me to order it off of amazon, so instead of getting it yesterday I have to wait a whole week. April 1st, to be exact (what a cruel joke). What am I supposed to do with my spring break now D:

SlowPokemon

^And to think you could have just bought it on the eShop....

Bubbles

I really never could see myself buying something off of the eShop. I'm just way too paranoid of something happening to my 3DS and losing the game or not being able to play my game on a friend's DS (If we're gaming and my DS dies or something; its actually happened a lot :P). Plus the game case with all the extra paper things and holding the physical cartridge just has a certain feel to it. Sort of like buying actual books instead of relying solely on a Kindle/Nook. The only real advantage I see to the eShop is not having to wait for delivery time or leave the house XD

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on March 25, 2013, 07:47:01 PMI really never could see myself buying something off of the eShop. I'm just way too paranoid of something happening to my 3DS and losing the game or not being able to play my game on a friend's DS (If we're gaming and my DS dies or something; its actually happened a lot :P). Plus the game case with all the extra paper things and holding the physical cartridge just has a certain feel to it. Sort of like buying actual books instead of relying solely on a Kindle/Nook. The only real advantage I see to the eShop is not having to wait for delivery time or leave the house XD

....or if you drop a cart down the sofa.  WORST EVER.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on March 25, 2013, 07:47:01 PMI really never could see myself buying something off of the eShop. I'm just way too paranoid of something happening to my 3DS and losing the game or not being able to play my game on a friend's DS (If we're gaming and my DS dies or something; its actually happened a lot :P). Plus the game case with all the extra paper things and holding the physical cartridge just has a certain feel to it. Sort of like buying actual books instead of relying solely on a Kindle/Nook. The only real advantage I see to the eShop is not having to wait for delivery time or leave the house XD

I agree, I always buy physical games. But I'm not AGAINST buying them under certain circumstances.

Nebbles

I can't choose what NPC is my favorite. The characters are so well written...

And Slow, a Minccino joined my team and I named it after you!