Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinte Labrinth

Started by Clanker37, September 13, 2012, 02:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I love the axew. I thought all the 4th gen style were meh.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Clanker37

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 16, 2012, 06:04:57 PMHere's my theory:

1. Ruby and Sapphire will not get a remake. Emerald will.
2. This Emerald remake will constitute the final game in Gen V.
3. The reasons for an Emerald remake are these: There are not usually more than five games per generation and the Team Magma/Team Aqua split would be awkward to coordinate. (Plus, this way Wallace is still the champion, not causing a "regression")
4. It will be for NDS (I believe this of whatever Pokemon game comes next).

Even if whatever happens ends up as a sequel to RS, or if it is two remakes after all, I believe something with Hoenn will happen.
1. The Elite Four battle music in Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 uses a phrase from the Elite Four battle music in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.
2. There is a member of Team Magma and Team Aqua in Icirrus City in Black 2 and White 2 (in a house accessible only in Winter).
3. The Xtransceiver Minigames theme is a distinct remix of Rustboro City.
4. And of course, Steven shows up in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

That's a bit similar to how the Park Balls in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum were gold on the top and silver on the bottom, or how Jasmine showed up in those games as well.

Those are my thoughts on the matter. It might mean nothing, they might just be teasing us. Still.
You missed somethings that I have noticed:

Nacrene City's Theme sounds a lot like Sootopolis City's. The flags in Nimbasa City are Red and Green, possibly refernceing Leafgreen and Firered Remakes. The larger amount of Hoenn Pokemon compared to Kanto, Sinnoh and Johto in BW2. The presence of Dive. Humilau City beining alomst identical to Pacifilog. The quote from the Humilau resident saying that her dress, "Was comfy and easy to wear!" and we all know where that came from. The line of Gym Leaders has a Water type Gym 8th and a Flying Type 6th (Like in Hoenn) and has a Ghost and Dark type Elite Four member.

Also some weak evidence: How you need to take a boat trip to get to the next part in BW2 is similar to RSE. Route 4 being the first desert available before beating the Elite Four since Route 111, aswell as Reverse Mountain and Mt. Chimmney and the Nature Reserve being a could-be reference to how Hoenn is such a natural place, but these are weak arguments

SlowPokemon

Yeah I agree with you on all accounts, but for one: the nacrene city theme doesn't sound anything like sootopolis. The intro always reminded me of Violet City, but there's no sootopolis vibe in it.

Nebbles

Also, Reversal Mountain. One's filled with water, the other filled with lava. Kyogre and Groudon?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

So I was playing the little "V-Roulette" mini-game on the PMD 3DS site today. When I won, I was presented this code:

Any idea what this is for??? Only thing I can tell is that I need to collect 4 more codes for each starter:

AAAGGH too many mysteries!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bubbles

Quote from: Bespinben on October 17, 2012, 03:50:45 PMSo I was playing the little "V-Roulette" mini-game on the PMD 3DS site today. When I won, I was presented this code:

Any idea what this is for??? Only thing I can tell is that I need to collect 4 more codes for each starter:

AAAGGH too many mysteries!
You actually won? :( I cant figure out how to play. It looks like either a Wonder Mail code or something to unlock something in the real game

Bespinben

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on October 17, 2012, 03:59:00 PMYou actually won? :( I cant figure out how to play. It looks like either a Wonder Mail code or something to unlock something in the real game

Haha, I don't know any Japanese at all, but I know how to play a flash game when I see one :P All you have to do is time your click on roulette so that it lands on the yellow.

(I've also gathered that it seems like you can only play once a day :/)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bubbles

Every single time for me it landed on Green, which is apparently a losing color. After three turns it told me I lost (at least I think it did)

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on October 17, 2012, 01:40:55 PMAlso, Reversal Mountain. One's filled with water, the other filled with lava. Kyogre and Groudon?

IS THAT WHY THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT MUSIC THEMES???? I was wondering why!

I think I like Black's minimalist beauty better than the smooth jazz in White, but I think they are both great pieces.

fingerz

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 16, 2012, 06:04:57 PMHere's my theory:

1. Ruby and Sapphire will not get a remake. Emerald will.
I believe this is so. It is SOO obvious that Emerald was a lot better designed that Ruby and Sapphire and was a much better game. When the remake is made, I'm assuming it will be a stand-alone game.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 16, 2012, 06:04:57 PM2. This Emerald remake will constitute the final game in Gen V.
I disagree. I have a feeling GameFreak isn't finished with the Black & White series. I saw a lot of open-ended plots in BW and in BW2. I actually think they might make something related to Grey... I'm not sure, but I feel GameFreak has something new up their sleeve.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 16, 2012, 06:04:57 PM3. The reasons for an Emerald remake are these: There are not usually more than five games per generation and the Team Magma/Team Aqua split would be awkward to coordinate. (Plus, this way Wallace is still the champion, not causing a "regression")
I think GameFreak is now mixing things up to make it more interesting, so we could be in for a suprise. Besides, each generation lasts for about 4 years. This is only the 2nd year of Gen V.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 16, 2012, 06:04:57 PM4. It will be for NDS (I believe this of whatever Pokemon game comes next).
I'm hoping this isn't true, but GameFreak has a habit of changing consols rather late. They did it with Crystal (could've been made for GBA), Emerald (could've been made for DS) and Black/White 2. They do it because they get more money making it playable for the older consols. Unless they think they'll be more financially well off making the game for the 3DS, it will be for the DS... I also think they're scared to start making Pokemon for the 3DS. There's so much they could do with it that it's rather scary! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Clanker37

^Knowing Game Freak, anything could happen.

It appears we have slightly derailed the topic a little :P So..

New PMD game. Pretty cool, eh?

Cobraroll

One more thing about the R/S remake speculation:

GameFreak have never made a main series game unconnected to similar games. There are meant to be two or more versions, both to haul in more money, but also so you have to play with your friends to get the full experience of the game.

The main series games are meant to hook up to other main series games. GameFreak would never release just one game for a region. There would have to be two or more.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

fingerz

True, but they would have to make the Ruby & Sapphire remakes much like Emerald version... Then again, they incorporated Crystal's extra story line into HeartGold & SoulSilver, so I can't wait to see what they do next...

Well, my love is as good as my hate for PMD games. This one had better be something special, because after seeing how wrong the WiiWare PMD's went, I just hope this one doesn't end up like them. I do however have to comment on the new dungeon look. It looks utterly amazing!! :D

Ah, by the way... I don't think the game's officially been announced to be localised... Let's hope it does. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Nebbles

It comes out next month... we should get info on that soon.

Also, let's make a separate thread for our RS remake theories. At this point we need one.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nebbles on October 18, 2012, 01:56:52 PMIt comes out next month... we should get info on that soon.

Also, let's make a separate thread for our RS remake theories. At this point we need one.
...who shall make this upcoming thread??
Do we need a vote? :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber