News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinte Labrinth

Started by Clanker37, September 13, 2012, 02:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

I'm excited that is is gonna be a really big PMD game. Really, all I need now is info on how that face-scanner thing works...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

The last ones were also big. And I doubt it will be a LEGIT face scanner.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 16, 2012, 05:10:11 PMThe last ones were also big. And I doubt it will be a LEGIT face scanner.
Thats why were waiting for it (itll be exciting if it actually is accurate :D). Do you think once its released in Japan (or earlier) we'll know how it works, or will we have to wait until its released for us?

November

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on October 16, 2012, 05:15:54 PMThats why were waiting for it (itll be exciting if it actually is accurate :D). Do you think once its released in Japan (or earlier) we'll know how it works, or will we have to wait until its released for us?

Once it's released in Japan, we'll probably know.
And it better get a worldwide release!

Bubbles

Quote from: November on October 16, 2012, 05:22:00 PMOnce it's released in Japan, we'll probably know.
And it better get a worldwide release!
haha I didnt read that post the wrong way...
It definetly will. As much as I've seen so far, this game has gotten alot more publicity than the adventure squad ones, plus its for a handheld system

Bespinben

Quote from: November on October 16, 2012, 05:22:00 PMAnd it better get a worldwide release!

Of course it will... -_- the reason Blazing/Stormy/Light Adventure Squad never got released outside Japan was because it sucked in every way imaginable.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Nebbles

And the previous PMD games were released worldwide anyway, so why wouldn't the third?

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on October 16, 2012, 05:49:44 PMthird

Isn't it awesome how this game ended up being made for the 3DS? You know, PMD-Three on the Three-DS. It's perfect!

Nebbles

They probably planned it.

If we get RSE remakes, it'd be the third remakes... most likely on the 3DS...

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on October 16, 2012, 05:57:08 PMIf we get RSE remakes, it'd be the third remakes... most likely on the 3DS...

Here's my theory:

1. Ruby and Sapphire will not get a remake. Emerald will.
2. This Emerald remake will constitute the final game in Gen V.
3. The reasons for an Emerald remake are these: There are not usually more than five games per generation and the Team Magma/Team Aqua split would be awkward to coordinate. (Plus, this way Wallace is still the champion, not causing a "regression")
4. It will be for NDS (I believe this of whatever Pokemon game comes next).

Even if whatever happens ends up as a sequel to RS, or if it is two remakes after all, I believe something with Hoenn will happen.
1. The Elite Four battle music in Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 uses a phrase from the Elite Four battle music in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.
2. There is a member of Team Magma and Team Aqua in Icirrus City in Black 2 and White 2 (in a house accessible only in Winter).
3. The Xtransceiver Minigames theme is a distinct remix of Rustboro City.
4. And of course, Steven shows up in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

That's a bit similar to how the Park Balls in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum were gold on the top and silver on the bottom, or how Jasmine showed up in those games as well.

Those are my thoughts on the matter. It might mean nothing, they might just be teasing us. Still.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Kman96

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 16, 2012, 06:04:57 PMHere's my theory:

1. Ruby and Sapphire will not get a remake. Emerald will.
3. The reasons for an Emerald remake are these: There are not usually more than five games per generation and the Team Magma/Team Aqua split would be awkward to coordinate. (Plus, this way Wallace is still the champion, not causing a "regression")

Even if whatever happens ends up as a sequel to RS, or if it is two remakes after all, I believe something with Hoenn will happen.
1. The Elite Four battle music in Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 uses a phrase from the Elite Four battle music in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.
2. There is a member of Team Magma and Team Aqua in Icirrus City in Black 2 and White 2 (in a house accessible only in Winter).
3. The Xtransceiver Minigames theme is a distinct remix of Rustboro City.
4. And of course, Steven shows up in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

That's a bit similar to how the Park Balls in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum were gold on the top and silver on the bottom, or how Jasmine showed up in those games as well.

Those are my thoughts on the matter. It might mean nothing, they might just be teasing us. Still.
OMG SLOW, I ALREADY KNEW THAT.

This is what I said:
Quote from: Kman96 on August 15, 2012, 02:42:44 PMSo I had a thought- so yeah, they're making sequels to Black and White, but what if they are they replacement of the remakes,so instead of having one third version, they'd have two!

Also on that note, instead of remaking ruby and sapphire, they could just remake Emerald instead! That way they kind of switch in a way.

They normally remake two games of the original series, and have a singular third version, but what if this time they have two third versions and only one remake of a third version of an earlier Gen!? I think it's plausible.

And this is what you responded to it -.-
Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 15, 2012, 03:06:07 PM^They ARE taking the place of "remakes" which is good as BW are the best they can be, in my opinion.

And while it's a good suggestion, they'll never do it because with remaking Ruby AND Sapphire, they'll make a LOT more money than they would simply remaking Emerald. Say what you will, Game Freak does exist to make money.
Party Hard!
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 16, 2012, 06:04:57 PM1. Ruby and Sapphire will not get a remake. Emerald will.
1: That would be interesting, especially since they've already broken the boundaries with what's typical for the Pokemon franchise. :P
2: Main game, yes. That makes obvious sense...
3: Same with 1: they've broken the boundaries; since they usually have only one "third version," they could just as easily have two remakes, although I, personally, prefer Emerald. :P They could also have version changes (more like the third version) with the Ruby and Sapphire remakes like they had for HG/SS...
4: I have a feeling it will be for 3DS, lest fans get outraged about the delay in shifting to a new handheld.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

I didn't know about those Magma/Aqua members in Icurrus! :o omg omgomomg

we're so getting remakes after PMD3 I'M CALLING IT

Bubbles

And just think, after the remakes... new Pokemon

I actually dont think Im ready for that

Bespinben

So I got this idea where I would compare Pokemon-Diamond's PMD-styled mugshots of 5th gen 'mons with their respective PMD 3DS counterparts, so as to see how the artist's envisionment of the future matches up with the current reality.

Let's start with Oshawott:

Alright, not bad. Not bad at all c:

Now let's look at Gurdurr:

The differences are more obvious in this one. The PMD 3DS version depicts Gurdurr as more upright and barrel-chested. Then again, it's very well possible that the "PMD mugshot style" may have evolved since PMD2, since it's not restricted to 40x40 shots anymore.

Last, we'll look at Axew:

Ewww. Just ewww. Glad to see the official one turned out good.

So wrapping up here, we have a fairly good Oshawott, a passable Gurdurr, and an icky Axew.