News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinte Labrinth

Started by Clanker37, September 13, 2012, 02:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

Quote from: Bespinben on October 04, 2012, 12:12:17 PMThe boxart of Blue Rescue Team hints at how, later in the game, Gengar is pulling the strings for awhile, and manages to convince everyone that YOU MUST DIE.
YOU SPOILED THE PLOT FOR ME WHAHHHHHH!

SlowPokemon

Uhm, no. This happens really close to the beginning of the game.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Yugi

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on October 04, 2012, 09:18:34 PMlol I read "I have that brown shit!"

XD

T_T

ROFLOL. :P Always need to take things nice and slowly.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bespinben

Not new news, but I found this interesting. The name of the town in PMD 3DS is called 宿場町, or "Shukuba Town". According to Wikipedia, the term "Shukuba" refers to post stations (or "post towns") where travelers could rest on their journey around the nation.

So, in other words, the town in the game functions as an intermediary for travelers/explorers/rescue teams. Does this mean there might be other towns in the game, with their own respective guilds?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bespinben on October 04, 2012, 10:34:04 PMNot new news, but I found this interesting. The name of the town in PMD 3DS is called 宿場町, or "Shukuba Town". According to Wikipedia, the term "Shukuba" refers to post stations (or "post towns") where travelers could rest on their journey around the nation.

So, in other words, the town in the game functions as an intermediary for travelers/explorers/rescue teams. Does this mean there might be other towns in the game, with their own respective guilds?
Hmm. Interesting observation. That would add a whole new gameplay mechanic.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Clanker37

Quote from: Bespinben on October 04, 2012, 10:34:04 PMNot new news, but I found this interesting. The name of the town in PMD 3DS is called 宿場町, or "Shukuba Town". According to Wikipedia, the term "Shukuba" refers to post stations (or "post towns") where travelers could rest on their journey around the nation.

Perhaps you can go back to Treasure Town and or Pokemon Square? (Unlikely, ut I would have a massive nerdgasm if you could)

Kman96

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 04, 2012, 11:07:21 PMPerhaps you can go back to Treasure Town and or Pokemon Square? (Unlikely, ut I would have a massive nerdgasm if you could)

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

SOOOOO MUUUUUCHHHHH AWWWWEEEEESOOOOMMMMMMEEEENNNEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Party Hard!
[close]

Bespinben

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 04, 2012, 11:07:21 PMPerhaps you can go back to Treasure Town and or Pokemon Square? (Unlikely, ut I would have a massive nerdgasm if you could)

It would be awesome, but it would be alot to expect. The writers would have to come up with answers to each of the previous installments loose-ends (ex: what became of Gengar after completing PMD1 post-game? what became of Gardevoir? what became of the player?) if that were to occur, as I would assume somebody around would keep a history of past events.

The events of the previous two PMD installments bear no direct relation to each other. I wouldn't expect PMD 3DS to start doing so. It's like Legend of Zelda -- continuity only exists in fandom.

That said, fandom does a pretty awesome job at answering the unanswered questions of the series. Why, just 2 days ago, I came across possibly one of the best PMD comics EVER. It's got 65 pages so far, and it seems to bring together the events of BOTH PMD1 AND PMD2: http://sulfurbunny.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d4rlnub

Nebbles

Maybe we will be able to go to older towns. It'd be very awesome...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

No, that wouldn't be awesome at all. If something's great, leave it alone. Don't shove the first two games into this one, it will fare best as a totally new game.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 05, 2012, 04:00:39 AMNo, that wouldn't be awesome at all. If something's great, leave it alone. Don't shove the first two games into this one, it will fare best as a totally new game.

Exactly.