News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

TWG XXXIX: Host Sign Ups

Started by Mashi, September 10, 2012, 06:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so my maths hw was like 'graph e^x+e^-x=3' and i was like 'wth how do i graph a one variable equation on a two variable graph and i cant even solve it omg im so dumb' the end

spitllama's TWG XXXIX: Uprising Madness
5 (25%)
Mashi's TWG XXXIX: omg how do i make a function for josephus' problem
2 (10%)
Bird's TWG XXXIX: I Spy
0 (0%)
FSM-Reapr's TWG XXXIX: Perfect Apples
13 (65%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Mashi

Avanti!

Also, after some TWC discussion, it has been decided that MaestroUGC will be banned for this game due to his purposeful shenanigans last game.  That will be all.

spitllama

This game keeps getting second place and I reeeeally think it'll be fun. So let's go again! Let's go again!

To paraphrase this game, there are three teams- wolves, independents, and humans. All three teams are competing for their own victories. Certain roles possess "divinity," which protects from other teams' attacks (excluding corruptions/seerings/wolfings/lynchings/corrections). No teams know who their partners are.

TWG XXXIX: Uprising Madness

Underworld Army (UA): (Wolves)

1. Lord of the Underworld- Hades (Master Wolf Converter) During the day, Hades will choose a player to corrupt. If the targeted player has divinity, they will be turned into an underworld slave at the end of the next night phase. Corrupted players lose their abilities as slaves and must willingly play as a wolf (a wolf victory also = corrupted player victory). Corruptions are not public. Hades does not possess divinity.
2. God of Death- Thanatos (Wolf Guardian) Thanatos can guard any one player each night from attacks (Pit/Forces of Nature/Hades/Pandora/Magnus). Thanny-poo is immune to attacks from both Pit and the Forces of Nature. Thanatos does not possess divinity.
3. Goddess of Calamity- Pandora (Wolf Seer) Pandora can pick a target each night to seer. She receives color and whether or not the person has divinity. Magnus will be seer'd as the player he became during that night phase. Pandora possesses divinity.

Forces of Nature (FoN): (Independents)

4. Goddess of Nature- Viridi (Independent Seer) May seer each night phase for color. Does not possess divinity.
5. Arlon the Serene (Independent Seer) May seer each night phase for fellow independents. Does not possess divinity.
6. Phosphora the Lightning Flash (Independent) May seer each night phase for fellow independents. Does not possess divinity.

The FoN hate everybody, but their victory relies on alliances with other teams. They must "correct" (equivalent of a wolfing) 1 player each night, but their kill can be changed/nulled in several ways:
a. If they correct a divine player, the target's divine status will be permanently removed, but the target will survive.
b. If they correct a corrupted player, that player will revert back to their original self and team. The FoN are told at the start of the night phase if a player will be corrupted that phase. A decision to save that player does not use up that night's correction. The identity of the saved player is secret.
c. If they correct Pit, one FoN commander will die at random and Pit will survive.

If Hades is corrected, the FoN will stop their nightly corrections and Hades will be captured (which will be publicly noted). The Underworld can save Hades by wolfing all FoN. If the game ends while the FoN have a hold of Hades, the FoN win.
Alternatively, if Palutena's Army kills Hades, the FoN's objective will change to eliminating everyone else (when this occurs, it will be privately noted to the FoN -- Pit also becomes vulnerable).

Palutena's Army (PA): (Humans)

7. Goddess of Light- Palutena (Guardian) Palutena has weakened divine force from the UA and FoN overstepping their realms. As such, she may become divine for one night phase of her choice (sends PM that night).
8. Master Swordsman- Magnus (Morph/seer) – Magnus can interact with other teams. During the day he will select a username (by PM) and effectively "become" that player for the course of the following night. (Ex/ If Magnus selects a wolf, he may vote for wolfings). If he attempts to become Hades, he will become corrupted and join the underworld as a slave. Does not possess divinity. Magnus cannot copy divinity.
9. Captain of the Guard- Pit (Role-Blocker) Pit attacks with light and prevents targets from performing their night actions (Sends a night PM). If he targets a FoN commander with this attack, the FoN is killed. If Pit is attacked by the FoN, one of the FoN will die, and Pit will survive. Possesses divinity.
10. Centurion (Human) Possesses divinity
11. Centurion (Human) Possesses divinity
12. Centurion (Human) Does not possess divinity

Divinity
a. Divine players are protected from Magnus impersonations, Pit attacks, and one FoN correction
b. If a divine player is attacked by Hades' corruption, they will become an underworld slave.

(Note: Wolfings and corrections are proportional- Ex/ Two wolves vote for one player and one wolf votes for another = 66% chance the first player dies and 33% chance the second dies. Both wolfing and corrections are listed as "attacks" (or "kills" if successful) to avoid distinction.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bubbles

MaestroUGC

One game is a slap on the wrist, since there's usually a new game every two weeks or so.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

the_last_sheikah

This is not for this sign ups, cause I just hosted, but I would appreciate it if someone would help me balance this game a bit.

Red vs. Blue: Revenge

The Meta: Cannot be wolfed.  Sends Host a PM each phase with a player's name.  If that player has an A.I., the Meta steals that A.I.

Wolves:
South Dakota: If South has an A.I. when she is lynched, she can choose to sacrifice her A.I., and future use of A.I., in exchange for survival.
Wyoming: Can end the phase instantly, one time only.  Anything that happens between his PM to the host to end the phase, and the host actually ending the phase, doesn't count.
Washington: Cannot use/receive A.I.s

Humans:
Church: Seer
Tucker: Gaurdian
Caboose: Human
Sarge: Human
Grif: Human
Simmons: Human
Doughnut: Human

A.I. units(items):
Omega: Your vote counts as 2.
Gamma: You may extend the phase by 12 hours.
Delta: You can PM the host and ask either how many wolves remain, or how many A.I.s the Meta has.
Epsilon: You may ask a dead player one question.
Theta: You may send the host a message that will be posted anonymously at the end of the phase.
Sigma: You may nullify one player's vote.

Notes:
-The Meta wins if he gets all the A.I.s.
-The Meta is not part of either team, but still counts towards the human team.
-If the Meta is lynched, all A.I. units are destroyed.
-The A.I.s are randomly distributed night one.  After they are used, they are randomly given to another player.  A player who dies with an A.I. automatically gives the Meta their A.I.
-A player can hold onto an A.I. as long as they want(except omega).  If you have 2 or more A.I. in your possession for more than one phase(day or night), you will die and the Meta gains both A.I.

Save for some balancing issues, I think that's it.  If someone would like to help me balance it, please PM me your suggestions.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Bird

TWG: I Spy
Universal Effect: Role cardflipping. When a player dies, their role (or what appears to be their role) is revealed to the thread.

1. Wolf Disguiser - At any point during any phase, the disguiser can make a person's role appear to be something else. This power can only be used 3 times, and lasts one phase. If a player dies while disguised, the role they were disguised with appears to the thread.
2. Wolf Redirector - Can redirect one power each night phase. This is done by sending a PM to the host saying "change guard target to Jimmy". If the seering is redirected, the wolf must specify which seer (seer 1 or seer 2) he would like to redirect. They will receive the color result of the player he redirects the seering to.
3. Wolf Sniper - At any point in the game, can instantly kill any player. Ignores guardian. This fails on players under the effect of a disguise. Single use.

4. Super Seer - Sends a name to the host each night. The following phase, the host tells the Super Seer what appears to be the targeted player's role.
5. Super Seer - Sends a name to the host each night. The following phase, the host tells the Super Seer what appears to be the targeted player's role.
6. Guardian - Guards one player each night phase. Can guard himself.
7. Human
8. Human
9. Human
10. Human
11. Human
12. Human
13. Human
14. Miller - Does not know he's the miller. His role is flipped as the Wolf Sniper, and that's what he appears as to the Super Seers.

---

The game is built around creative strategies for the wolves. Tell me if you think it's balanced! I'm considering increasing the number of uses the disguiser power will get.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

davy

As I am currently busy with a lot of other things, I won't be practicipating in TWG or hosting a TWG game for a long time (around 1 or 2 months).

However, if spit's game is chosen, I'll make an exception (I don't want to mis that game).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

FSM-Reapr

TWG XXXIX: Perfect Apples:

Evil Team Skull has eaten all the Perfect Apples. What a catastrophe. But luckily Chatot has a couple one just in case something like this would happen. But Chatot only has a limited amount of Perfect Apples. While Team Poképals has gone off to get more Perfect Apples from Apple Woods, Wigglytuff's Guild has been assigned a mission:
"Find out who ate the Perfect Apples!"
If the criminals won't be found out, *gulp* the results will be HORRENDOUS!!!

There will be Sentry Duty missions. Every beginning of a Day Phase, you will be given information of a certain Pokémon. After you know Who's That Pokémon, send host a PM. There are always two items distributed by Sentry Duty. Only the first two correct PMs will be taken. The items will be distributed the next Night Phase they were given.

Items:

-Reviver Seed, sends a PM to the host in the Night Phase the item was distributed, telling who (s)he wants to revive for the next Day Phase. After that Day Phase, the revived player dies.

-Identify Orb, sends a PM to the host in the Night Phase the item was distributed, telling who (s)he wants to seer.

-Decoy Orb, sends a PM to the host in the Night Phase the item was distributed, telling who (s)he wants to guard.

Teams:
Team Skull (The Wolves):

1. Skuntank - Master Wolf  (seer'd blue) Every time a player dies, Skuntank will find out that player's exact role.
2. Koffing - Brutal Wolf  When lynched, the player sends a PM to the host, telling who gets also taken down. If another wolf is alive, in every second Night Phase, this player can send a PM to wolf another person.
3. Zubat - Wolf Painter  Sends a PM to the host in the Night Phase, telling who (s)he wants to paint. Also this player can negate a seering or a guarding every Night Phase.

The wolves know who their team members are.

Wigglytuff's Guild (The Humans):

4. Guildmaster Wigglytuff - Guardian  Sends a PM to the host in the Night Phase, telling who he wants to guard.
5. Chatot - Seer  Sends a PM to the host in the Night Phase, telling who he wants to seer.
6. Chimecho - Tribute  During a Day Phase, this player can tribute(this player dies) him/herself by sending a PM to the host, to revive somebody dead permanently. One time use. This power doesn't supersede an insta.
7. Sunflora - Human  (this player's vote is considered as 2 votes, doesn't know this)
8. Bidoof - Human  (immune to guardings, doesn't know this)
9. Diglett - Human (this player's vote is considered as 0.1 votes, doesn't know this)
10. Dugtrio - Human
11. Corphish - Human
12. Groagunk - Miller  Will be told he's a humanWhen he was swapping items, the pot behind him fell, coloring him red.

Bird

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on September 11, 2012, 06:43:31 AMTWG XXXIX: Perfect Apples:

Evil Team Skull has eaten all the Perfect Apples. What a catastrophe. But luckily Chatot has a couple one just in case something like this would happen. But Chatot only has a limited amount of Perfect Apples. While Team Poképals has gone off to get more Perfect Apples from Apple Woods, Wigglytuff's Guild has been assigned a mission:
"Find out who ate the Perfect Apples!"
If the criminals won't be found out, *gulp* the results will be HORRENDOUS!!!

There will be Sentry Duty missions. Every beginning of a Day Phase, you will be given information of a certain Pokémon. After you know Who's That Pokémon, send host a PM. There are always two items distributed by Sentry Duty. Only the first two correct PMs will be taken. The items will be distributed the next Night Phase they were given.

Items:

-Reviver Seed, sends a PM to the host in the Night Phase the item was distributed, telling who (s)he wants to revive for the next Day Phase. After that Day Phase, the revived player dies.

-Identify Orb, sends a PM to the host in the Night Phase the item was distributed, telling who (s)he wants to seer.

-Decoy Orb, sends a PM to the host in the Night Phase the item was distributed, telling who (s)he wants to guard.

Teams:
Team Skull (The Wolves):

1. Skuntank - Master Wolf  (seer'd blue)
2. Koffing - Brutal Wolf  When lynched, the player sends a PM to the host, telling who gets also taken down.
3. Zubat - Wolf Painter  Sends a PM to the host in the Night Phase, telling who (s)he wants to paint.

The wolves know who their team members are.

Wigglytuff's Guild (The Humans):

4. Guildmaster Wigglytuff - Guardian  Sends a PM to the host in the Night Phase, telling who he wants to guard.
5. Chatot - Seer  Knows Guardian's identity. Sends a PM to the host in the Night Phase, telling who he wants to seer.
6. Chimecho - Tribute  During a Day Phase, this player can tribute him/herself, to revive somebody dead permanently.
7. Sunflora - Human  (this player's vote is considered as 2 votes, doesn't know this)
8. Bidoof - Human  (this player's vote is considered as 2 votes, doesn't know this)
9. Dugtrio - Human
10. Diglett - Human
11. Corphish - Human
12. Groagunk - Miller  When he was swapping items, the pot behind him fell, coloring him red.

How exactly does the tribute work? Does that mean the person revived can't be killed again? If so, then I'd say this game is balanced heavily in favor of the humans. If the guardian just guards himself, then that's two unkillable humans already, making the game very hard for the wolves.

Also, I don't know how effective seering will be in this game when their will basically just be one red wolf each night phase (and even then, there's a miller in the game also). I guess that's not really a big problem though, just an observation.

Finally, if I were you, I would try and install measures which would prevent the humans from finding who Sunflora and Bidoof are through voting shenanigans. The last the the humans need are more confirmed humans. Other than that though, your game looks pretty neat!
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

FSM-Reapr

The tribute dies, and revives a person. Kinda harsh, but still interesting.
Yeah, thanks. I'll edit this game constantly.

And btw, this game has a story line.

Bespinben

A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon TWG!?

FSM, you're brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Now if I only I were able to wrap my head around RPGs... graaah.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

spitllama

Bespinben you should play a game before you leave for forever!
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FSM-Reapr

Everybody choose my game to make Ben play!!! :D Don't worry, you'll know the rules in no time. :D

Also, you should play just to read my super epic story. ;) I've been writing it all day.

Kman96

Quote from: spitllama on September 11, 2012, 11:46:35 AMBespinben you should play a game before you leave for forever!
Quote from: FSM-Reapr on September 11, 2012, 11:56:35 AMEverybody choose my game to make Ben play!!! :D Don't worry, you'll know the rules in no time. :D
Also, you should play just to read my super epic story. ;) I've been writing it all day.

I vote FSM. This looks fantastic, and as soon as I saw it, I KNEW, we had to have Bespinben play it.

This looks awesome!
Party Hard!
[close]

FSM-Reapr

Thanks Kman! :D You know, your Layton game inspired me.

Ben you must play this. MUST

Quote from: Mashi on September 09, 2012, 02:29:10 PMThe coolest forum members play TWG.  Just saying