News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: FireArrow on November 09, 2016, 10:25:43 AMHopefully trump fucks us up just enough for ya'll to realize that voting an idiot into office is not the solution to dissatisfaction with the government without going too far.

and that sentence is terrible deal with it

I don't think an idiot could win the election against the political experience and manipulation of Hillary Clinton. I'd say he's smarter than you give him credit for. Disregarding the idiot part, are you saying that the solution to dissatisfaction with the government is to vote for somebody who will keep enforcing the same policies? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. Based on that, voting for change should be the only way to express dissatisfaction.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Bloop

hey if some of you ever considered moving to the netherlands and help us combat our own little, anti-Semitic version of Trump, now would be the time

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Voting for change in the opposite direction (relative to what most progressives want) isn't the right solution either.

I know you're a Trump fan, so I'm sure you're joyful (and no harm in that, your candidate won, I get it).

The good news for progressives is that we can use this as an opportunity to administer a swift death to neoliberalism (IE why Hillary Clinton, and to some extent Obama, are such weak candidates).
what is shitpost

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 09, 2016, 11:32:56 AMI'd say he's smarter than you give him credit for.
Not so much. A certain population is dumber than I give them credit for.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

FireArrow

He thinks running an economy is the same as running a buisness. Do you have a better word?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on November 09, 2016, 11:57:43 AMNot so much. A certain population is dumber than I give them credit for.
I think we can all agree, at least, that trump's campaign manager was the star of this election.  I'm pretty sure nobody even knows her name really though
unmotivated

FireArrow

Yeah, she was a genius.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 09, 2016, 11:02:30 AMFun fact:
We now have a:
Democrat President
Democrat Congress
Democrat House
no, congress is conservative right now
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

@Maelstrom We had the situation you described during the first two years of Obama's first term (hence why we could actually pass progressive legislation like Obamacare).

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 09, 2016, 12:07:01 PMI think we can all agree, at least, that trump's campaign manager was the star of this election.  I'm pretty sure nobody even knows her name really though
Kellyanne Conway, I think? She definitely helped a lot.
what is shitpost

Dude

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 09, 2016, 11:32:56 AMI don't think an idiot could win the election against the political experience and manipulation of Hillary Clinton. I'd say he's smarter than you give him credit for. Disregarding the idiot part, are you saying that the solution to dissatisfaction with the government is to vote for somebody who will keep enforcing the same policies? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. Based on that, voting for change should be the only way to express dissatisfaction.
The sad thing is it was that everyone hated her more than they hated Trump. I mean I hate them both and am not super surprised by the outcome, although I'm disappointed.

The next step is to either get him out of office or pray that he dies.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Dude on November 09, 2016, 12:56:03 PMThe sad thing is it was that everyone hated her more than they hated Trump. I mean I hate them both and am not super surprised by the outcome, although I'm disappointed.

The next step is to either get him out of office or pray that he dies.

Can't you at least give him a year or 2 before you jump straight to impeachment talk? Oh, and even if he dies, you're left with Mike Pence. It's downright morbid that you would pray for somebody to die, and you don't have any grounds for impeachment right now. The country voiced what it wanted. It's how democracy works.

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Tobbeh99

People seem all crazy about the election. My facebook feed is literally full of people like "What the hell has happened to the world" or "don't know if I want to live on planet Earth anymore", or something in those lines. Personally I don't let it bother me too much. Maybe that is because we, in Sweden, had a national-conservative party, called the Sweden democrats (SD) getting passed the 4% barrier in like 8 years or so and has grown to a big party now, having like 18% of the votes. So I have experienced the chaos that was during those times. But now it all seem a bit cooler, but maybe that's just me. Because SD had all these big lines and strong opinions about immigration, law and criminality and Swedish traditions and culture. But now they've been there in like 8 years, and nothing really has happened imo, mostly it seems like some parties have taken inspiration from they're key issues and focused more on immigration for example, but having their own take on it. So the party seems kind of empty and very pretentious imo.

So I think in a way that people make it to what it is. If people make it all panicy, it will be panicy, if people take it easy and are reasonable, it will be calmer. Obviously that is way more easier that done, some people even get anxious for pretty minor issues.   
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Bloop

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 09, 2016, 01:16:55 PMThe country voiced what it wanted. It's how democracy works.
well if i recall correctly, the reason trump won was because of the electoral college, not the actual popular vote
There were more individual votes for Clillary, but because of a stupid voting system, Trump won.

WaluigiTime64

You guys need the preferential voting system.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Bloop on November 09, 2016, 01:22:30 PMwell if i recall correctly, the reason trump won was because of the electoral college, not the actual popular vote
There were more individual votes for Clillary, but because of a stupid voting system, Trump won.

Well, that is true. But, if he has to play the broken system, so be it. I agree that the system is a bad one, but regardless he won fairly according to it.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player