News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

We rely on just as much media(and social media) coverage for info as you do, locally we have independent and p unbiased news outlets(bc there's really no reason to for bias). i think the elections are just not so much in our faces as i think they are for you.

it's not that the media draws the image to the people like you might think based on your wording, but rather that it informs people well enough to draw them to draw their own conclusions.

Tobbeh99

Omg just found this stuff. This stuff is pure gold!  ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

Quote from: Waddle Bro on October 13, 2016, 02:13:01 PMWe rely on just as much media(and social media) coverage for info as you do, locally we have independent and p unbiased news outlets(bc there's really no reason to for bias). i think the elections are just not so much in our faces as i think they are for you.

it's not that the media draws the image to the people like you might think based on your wording, but rather that it informs people well enough to draw them to draw their own conclusions.
the media here doesn't really inform, it twists facts to manipulate people's emotions
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 13, 2016, 07:49:52 PMthe media here doesn't really inform, it twists facts to manipulate people's emotions

This is also true, you get vastly different accounts of events from different news sources
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FireArrow

The media is making this whole thing out to be like some kind of reality show.

Will a fly land on Clinton's face? Will Trump invade her personal space? Find out next time on Prime Time Debates!
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

WaluigiTime64

Back when Australia had Tony Abbott as Prime Minister, it was a show about "What dumb thing is Mr Abbott going to do next?", featuring him EATING A RAW ONION.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mikey

I usually spout off nonsense and hope nobody calls me out on it
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

That does explain a fair amount
what is shitpost

mikey

are you calling me out?
unmotivated

Dude

I only look forward to the bad lip reading of the debates now.

Everything else sucks.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Dude on October 14, 2016, 02:07:54 PMI only look forward to the bad lip reading of the debates now.

Everything else sucks.
There is so much truth to this^^
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

http://www.economist.com/blogs/erasmus/2016/10/personal-political

lol it was clearly written by someone with not much experience with mormons as well
unmotivated

FireArrow

What issue do you take from that article. It's portraying Mormons as a group that actually stand up for what they believe in rather than going "Even though Trump is the epitome of what my religon is against, gotta vote for him cuz conservative."
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

I don't have any issue with the article
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

🙄I'm ready for all these political advertisements to be gone. It's getting old.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]