News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EFitTrainr

yes because I already did
I like food.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Ouch. Trump's ass is probably pretty sore, and I'm not even a Hillary fan.
what is shitpost

daj

(warning: rant with swear words. coming from a non-american because things have truly gone out of hand)

So um, I haven't really been following too closely (read Crippled America though, good comedy) but I do know that Trump is messing up things a bit. And then I read this.

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/26/495115346/fact-check-first-presidential-debate
(spoiler: trump does not argue with facts and seems to care more about shooting clinton's character down than the state of the country)

If you're a big-ass politician who has the future of a country in your hands, I think it'd do those clueless voters a little more justice to check up the fucking facts and persuade them with reason and foresight, not bloody dirty tactics. Political assassination, ego politics, frikking card-stacking, and somehow this arrogant fucker was winning votes. I don't even get.

We studied Obama's speeches for our language class, and that's when I first realised US politics, despite what people seemed to always say, were pretty legit. Still didn't care about the implications of those speeches then, but right now I find myself wondering what the heck is going on.

How come we have narcissism and arrogance permeating at the level of frikking presidents and people aren't waking up their ideas? I just don't get it.

One thing's for sure though - if the US economy goes down, jobs are lost everywhere. Our side of the world saw it happen a few years back. And I don't like that idea.

I really don't like the idea of a fucking cartoon character president taking over a country and spreading hate in the wrong places, using policies that don't even work on paper, and subtly conveying the message to the people that you can be the president by bullying others and talking harshly.

Forgive the rant guys (it's a weird place to do it too ahaha), but I really don't know what's going on there anymore. I just know it'll mess up all our lives, and that really sucks.

Dudeman

I actually want to thank you for weighing in. It's always really interesting to see a non-American's take on all this.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

FireArrow

@daj

Americans take pride in their history (while conveinently ignoring Native Americans), but a lot of that tradition can be seen as pretty racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. Given that the world as a whole is getting a lot more progressive, people who still cherish that good ol' American culture feel like they can't do what they've always known because they'll be called a bigot everytime they try and oppose social progress. Here comes in trump, who walks up on stage and shouts "Fuck all that lets make America great again!" and everyone who before felt like they had to closet their opinions can now stand behind him.

As for whether or not that's a good thing is up to you.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

E. Gadd Industries

Yeahhhhhh it's at this point that I'm really not looking forward to the election. Both candidates are terrible people, both equally unfit to run, but in their own ways. Ugh.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

WaluigiTime64

If I were American (and legally able to vote), I would've given up already. At this point, you have to pick the lesser of two evils. Have fun with that.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

SlowPokemon

Can't wait to vote for Hillary. I feel like I watched a 90-minute SNL skit last night (not even that long, since I had to turn it off eventually. It started being more stressful than amusing at some point. I did go back and read a transcript with annotations from people who fact checked their claims, which proved much easier (and funnier).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on September 27, 2016, 04:59:02 AMIf I were American (and legally able to vote), I would've given up already. At this point, you have to pick the lesser of two evils. Have fun with that.
Yeahhhhhh I'm glad I'm not able to vote. That means I'm allowed to complain about whoever wins this thing! YES!!
But seriously, when I register to vote, the party I'm registering with will be Mario
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

DS

I'mma vote for Pedro, 'cuz he'll make all our wildest dreams come true.

But seriously, I literally turn 18 two days before the election, and I'm most likely gonna be voting. At this point I would wanna vote for Trump's party and its ideals, but not for Trump himself (who'd want a meme to be President?)

EFitTrainr

I love memes but I hate this election.

vote Shadokirby for actual real life president
I like food.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

I'm concerned that Britain exited the eu and somehow the world hasn't ended as promised
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Britain leaving the EU didn't leave an orange umpa-lumpa in its wake.
what is shitpost