News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 23, 2016, 07:49:39 AMI can use whichever bathroom I want now right
You use the one that corresponds to your gender.
Quote from: GaryOak on May 23, 2016, 10:30:24 AMI'll def vote for Trump. Finally a candidate who really represents murica.
In all its hateful xenophobia and bigotry..
what is shitpost

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on May 23, 2016, 04:40:13 PMYou use the one that corresponds to your gender
today I feel like a girl
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 23, 2016, 08:46:54 PMtoday I feel like a girl
Well, unfortunately, gender isn't how you "feel like" or how you act, so much as it is how you naturally identify. Most people (with a few exceptions) identify as one gender or the other, regardless of their biology. Most of the time they align, but in rare cases, they do not. This is why people like Bruce Jenner describe doing feminine things like wearing dresses as feeling right.
The difference between "today I feel like a girl" and "I've identified as this gender since birth even though it doesn't correspond with my biological sex" goes far beyond where you piss and shit.
what is shitpost

mikey

Well I don't think it's fair that some guys get to use the girls facilities and I don't
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Land of the free
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 23, 2016, 10:44:04 PMWell I don't think it's fair that some guys get to use the girls facilities and I don't

Well then they're not a guy and thus can't use the guy facilities. Transphobia or whatever you're implying isn't cool hun.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

Just because I'm curious as to what the response will be, what if he reworded it something like:
"Well I don't think it's fair that some people with dicks (lol idk) get to use the girls facilities and I don't"

Edit: If that sounds like some transphobia statement then I'm sorry but pls answer anyway lol.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

Your genitals are not the determining factor for what gender you are. Biological sex =/= gender, though I suppose it would be a fair argument to say that bathrooms are designed for certain genitals and thus the right of passage should be granted based that.

I really don't know much about the topic maybe someone else can answer.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

braix

If your gender aligns with your sex,  you should just use your own bathroom. If not, you should be allowed to use whatever bathroom you're comfortable with. Preference.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

I'm more comfortable with the girls bathroom be cause it's cleaner and has more room and more stalls
unmotivated

Dude

The grass is always greener.

Olimar12345

Idk it just seems that what was once such an easy answer has been muddied up with discrimination, gender-roles, and personal identity, etc. It's not intolerant whatsoever to say that humans are divided into male and female, which we have created separate and distinct bathrooms for that differ to better accommodate each sex. Where gender comes into this is, from what I understand, people with opposing genders and sexes feel like they should use the opposite bathroom, even though it is designed against their biology, putting this into the ballpark of personal identification rather than physical traits. So, as silly as nocturne sounds, why is granting him and others the right to also use bathrooms that don't correspond with their biology now frowned upon, when the former is such a huge topic for debate?

Dude

The reason he has for wanting to use it though is pretty stupid. If the guys room was dirty or crowded, I just wouldn't use it or go to a different restroom. It's not that hard.

Olimar12345

But what's stopping him from claiming that this is a violation of his rights, and that he identifies as a woman?

mikey

urinals suck tbh
unmotivated