Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Quote from: mikey on March 27, 2019, 10:38:55 PM*links fox news*

That's link tax and copyright infringement right there Mikey! xD
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Splatoon Inkling

Haha! (That's actually called the fallacy of a red herring) Although that is irrelevant to say that it's just because I used fox news. No seriously though, that deal would be a complete disaster. Throwing our country into around 93 trillion dollars debt within ten years time, plus it would be almost impossible to change out our whole infastructure.

SlowPokemon

For only being 15 you sure do sound a lot like your dad
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Splatoon Inkling

Thank you!

LeviR.star

This thread should be renamed as "The Rant Thread 2"
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: LeviR.star on March 28, 2019, 07:46:00 AMThis thread should be renamed as "The Rant Thread 2"
ROTFL!

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 28, 2019, 07:06:17 AMFor only being 15 you sure do sound a lot like your dad
assuming someone's dad is still around in 2019 LUL
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on March 28, 2019, 06:50:57 AMHaha! (That's actually called the fallacy of a red herring) Although that is irrelevant to say that it's just because I used fox news. No seriously though, that deal would be a complete disaster. Throwing our country into around 93 trillion dollars debt within ten years time, plus it would be almost impossible to change out our whole infastructure.

It would be a red herring to claim your argument is false thereof, not to say you lack substantial evidence. Regardless, Mikey probably agrees with you, he's just memeing on you for linking to a source that only holds weight in echo chambers.

For example, I could respond to this post by saying that we're going into even more debt by reacting to global warming than trying to prevent it. Look, I even got proof! Except I don't because it's fucking Huffington Post.

Protip: It's OK to get news from FOX, hufffpost, or whatever - just double check it with sources that don't only argue from one side and link to those instead.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Splatoon Inkling

A red herring fallacy is when you throw something into the argument, can be similar or totally different just to throw off the whole argument onto a different track. And why I said that before about the debt skyrocketing is because to do what she wants, we would basically need to rebuild the United states, and some of her ideas are just plain rediculous. I'm not an environmentalist, but I have researched, and there are even environmentalists calling the whole bill rediculous. To cut all of our fossil fuels, kill our cows, get rid of airplanes, just why. That would be completely impossible.

FireArrow

why do i bother

No one is debating you on this. People are just loling at fox news. If you don't want to be lold at don't cite fox news. Instead of memeing at you like everyone else, I'm trying to help you so people don't make fun of you in the future.

Fallacies? Yes, if I were to say you're wrong because fox news sucks, that would be a red herring, specifically ad hominem. No one said that.

Tobbeh99

I think the animal part of green movement is kind of weird. A lot of the problems with climate change seems to have emerged after the industrial revolution. And well... ... before that people depended a lot on cattle. Like there got to have been way more farmers back then than nowadays. Sure it got to have been expensive with cattle back then I guess, and I guess people ate more vegetables back then. And because of more automation nowadays you can have more cattle. But still, people have always had cattle like cows so... makes little sense. I guess overconsumption of meat is bad (for the environment probably) and you could argue that people should eat more vegetables (which I think is good and would agree on). But being against cows and such in general makes less sense. The methane gas, which is what is bad about cows, is also kind of less bad (I've heard) than carbon dioxid (from cars and such), as the methane gas is worse than carbon dioxide, but "disappears" away faster, so less harm in the long run, but worse short term. It's probably worse with long transportation of meat, rather than "all those cows".
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: FireArrow on March 28, 2019, 02:35:43 PMwhy do i bother

No one is debating you on this. People are just loling at fox news. If you don't want to be lold at don't cite fox news. Instead of memeing at you like everyone else, I'm trying to help you so people don't make fun of you in the future.

Fallacies? Yes, if I were to say you're wrong because fox news sucks, that would be a red herring, specifically ad hominem. No one said that.
Yes, I do realize that now. I can ramble on about things especially politics, I don't post much on here 1 cause I said I wouldn't really, but this was too rediculous for me not to say anything about.

Splatoon Inkling

For now I guess I'm just not gonna argue, think whatever you want, there are better ways to spend time.

FireArrow

Don't be discouraged from posting your opinion, just link to a neutral source next time so we can click on it and post our opinion too rather than the source already telling us what we should think.

And Tobbeh, industrialization also increased the number of cows, and cow farts are much worse than car farts.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: FireArrow on March 28, 2019, 02:48:57 PMAnd Tobbeh, industrialization also increased the number of cows, and cow farts are much worse than car farts.
I've heard that cow farts are worse in the short term and that car gases are worse in the long term. Aka. cow farts are more harmful as a green house gas, but it decays faster, but cars are less extreme but decays slower. So the gases from the cars sort of stay there once they're out. And the cows are worse but for a shorter time.

10/10 tobbeh