News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

I don't know which candidate I'd vote for. And I don't get why people think this election is so bad. But I like Trump, he got a great character, I like how he's very quick in giving responses and very intuitive. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

daj

Quote from: FireArrow on September 27, 2016, 01:23:25 AM@daj

Americans take pride in their history (while conveinently ignoring Native Americans), but a lot of that tradition can be seen as pretty racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. Given that the world as a whole is getting a lot more progressive, people who still cherish that good ol' American culture feel like they can't do what they've always known because they'll be called a bigot everytime they try and oppose social progress. Here comes in trump, who walks up on stage and shouts "Fuck all that lets make America great again!" and everyone who before felt like they had to closet their opinions can now stand behind him.

As for whether or not that's a good thing is up to you.

Ahh, things make a little more sense now that this has been laid out. Thanks FA ^^

It's just distressing that when you take all the ego politics out of the equation, Trump's policies just don't work. History has proven it, and the facts (for what they're worth) check out. Ahh, what is the world coming to?~

-

edit:
Perhaps I should explain my stance a little, ahaha. I grew up in the transparent-but-still-irky world of Singapore politics. It's a democracy on paper, and in reality it's probably one of the more legit ones out there.

We do character/ego politics too. But not with loud people. People are nice on camera, and insults are reserved for parties that don't really want to win. Our greatest politician said something nasty one year and suddenly his party lost lots of supporters, and his son had to apologise for him.

Politicians regularly walk their areas to connect with the normal folks and listen to their concerns, community centres are breeding grounds for political discussion, and we tend to value hard work and efficiency like very few countries out there.

So when I see politics based on harsh words and policies that don't work it kinda goes against everything I've known, haha.

Yeah, just sharing ^^

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 27, 2016, 03:28:17 PMI don't know which candidate I'd vote for. And I don't get why people think this election is so bad. But I like Trump, he got a great character, I like how he's very quick in giving responses and very intuitive.
Because Trump has responded very quickly with things like "we have to take out their families" (talking about terrorists in the Middle East).
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

Y but he's surprisingly quick. Usually politicians goes like "umm we have to.. etc.", or says something that sounds rehearsed. But he really seems to have an answer ready, and for a lot of questions.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Seems to me to indicate the fact that he doesn't think. Call me a crazy lib.
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

I see it more like he has the facts in his back head, rather than doesn't think. 

10/10 tobbeh

FireArrow

Quote from: dajwxp on September 27, 2016, 03:34:46 PMsnip

you're making the mistake in assuming Americans actually care about real solutions and human decency :3

edit:
As a real response, I think it mostly has to do with the whole east = community based cultures, west = individual based cultures. People in Singapore want a solution that's best for everyone, americans want a solution that's best for them (whatever tax plan saves them the most money) and agrees with their immediate values (if I think gay marriage is wrong then it should be illegal.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

daj

Quote from: FireArrow on September 27, 2016, 04:08:38 PMyou're making the mistake in assuming Americans actually care about real solutions and human decency :3

ayyyyyeeeee.

welp such is life.

Quoteedit:
As a real response, I think it mostly has to do with the whole east = community based cultures, west = individual based cultures. People in Singapore want a solution that's best for everyone, americans want a solution that's best for them (whatever tax plan saves them the most money) and agrees with their immediate values (if I think gay marriage is wrong then it should be illegal.)

Mm, pretty much what I've heard too. ^^ You give and take for each I guess, haha~

I guess that means having balls is one of the biggest winning values you can have as a politician over there? Obama sure had balls, ahaha.

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on September 27, 2016, 02:34:55 PMBritain leaving the EU didn't leave an orange umpa-lumpa in its wake.
what

Edit; Daj, don't think that the media or what the 15 year olds say accurately reflects the state of our government/economy.
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 27, 2016, 03:55:43 PMI see it more like he has the facts in his back head, rather than doesn't think.
Hardly.
Birther movement- lie.
Hillary starting the birther movement- lie.
Us giving 157 billion to Iran- lie (it was their money that we froze and then gave back to them when they signed the nuclear deal).
Trump University- essentially one big lie. He never went to the school and hired known conmen (some of whom had been to prison)
His net worth- a lie. Forbes, a right leaning magazine, put his worth at ~400 million (he claims 10 billion). Even if he has 10 billion, he would have had more if he invested all his inheritance (he'd be worth between 10 and 12 billion).
Being against free trade deals/outsourcing jobs- a lie, as he benefits from outsourcing them. His ties and furniture are made in China and Pakistan, respectively (to name just two).
Hillary wanting to take away everyone's guns via a liberal SCOTUS justice- lie. She already said she wants Merrick Garland (the guy Obama has tried to nominate), who has said NOTHING of the kind.

Just getting started..
what is shitpost

Bespinben

Focusing on the real issues is what's important

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

mikey

His ties are made in Thailand
unmotivated

mikey

unmotivated