TWG XXXVIII: Snakes on a Plane

Started by the_last_sheikah, September 01, 2012, 12:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

Quote from: Kman96 on September 01, 2012, 04:41:05 PMATTENTION ALL TWGERS:

I'm a human, and I'm going outside the box from now on- I may lie!

But when it matters, I will tell the truth as I can. So be-aware! I'm still trying to get my human game down ;)
Um... OK?

I don't have any items, guys.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bird

Quote from: Kman96 on September 01, 2012, 04:41:05 PMATTENTION ALL TWGERS:

I'm a human, and I'm going outside the box from now on- I may lie!

But when it matters, I will tell the truth as I can. So be-aware! I'm still trying to get my human game down ;)
This is so absurdly suspicious.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

vermilionvermin

K-NiGhT

I was mostly kidding, but why do you disagree, verm?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Mashi

Kman96, why did you make that post now?  Why didn't you do so prior to the game's beginning, so that the statement wouldn't be out of place?  Why would you even lie as a Human to the extent that you would need to state that you were going to lie more often?

vermilionvermin

I'll wait for him to respond before I explain why I disagree, though I'll PM you with why I don't really think it's suspicious if you'd like.

Kman96

I was mostly pointing out my change of strategy for being human, because as I said in SBURB, and many other games, "*Also when I'm a human, I don't lie (about anything), so there's something to take note of*"

...sorry about the delay, I was watching Doctor Who :3

Quote from: Mashi on September 01, 2012, 06:10:56 PMKman96, why did you make that post now?  Why didn't you do so prior to the game's beginning, so that the statement wouldn't be out of place?  Why would you even lie as a Human to the extent that you would need to state that you were going to lie more often?
Since everyone had been talking about me changing my disposition as a human to make myself more believeable, I guess I better up my trickery as a human rather than relying on the unreliable truth the entire time...had I made the decision prior to starting the game, I would have made the post, but I only made the decision soon before I made the post.

...so, I guess kind of a disadvantage in my case that I did so, but I still feel that I needed to point it out before too long. I'm still going be poisoned, as we discussed, however, so I hope that somewhat calms suspicions.
Party Hard!
[close]

vermilionvermin

Of course he posts 2 minutes after I sent that PM to K-NiGhT.  Of course.

QuoteIn my opinion, a wolf wouldn't really want to post something like that.  If a wolf's pulling some sneaky shenanigans, they're probably doing it because it helps the wolves.  At that point, he wouldn't announce that he's going to lie.

Alternatively, a human pulling tricks would be more likely to say something like they might lie because they're concerned about how people might take it.  The way he worded his post made it sound like he's got something planned.

Basically, if he doesn't have any plans right now, then I'd agree that that's pretty wolfy.  But from the fact that he made the post, I conclude that he does have something planned.  A wolf wouldn't want the humans to know he's got something planned, while a human might want to post something like that because he want to give other humans prior warning.

It's the same rationale I use when I go to an alliance (if one exists) before I fakeclaim a role in the thread.  I want them to know why I'm doing what I'm doing so that they don't interfere.

is what I said.  Though the last sentence doesn't really apply, looking back!  Basically I assumed that he was in the process of lying about something, probably that he had a poison, because he believed that it benefitted his team in some way.  It wouldn't make much sense for him to tell us he's lying if he thinks it helps the wolves.

But none of what I said applies unless he was actually planning to pull something sneaky or was in the process of doing so.

Bird

Well, if you are human, you shouldn't really lie anyway, unless you have a good reason to do so. I just hope that, if you are human, you aren't lying for the sake of making it harder to predict when you are a wolf.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Kman96

That's why I normally don't...but I've always been told that it was a bad plan. So...change of plan. That's all.

Why am I best wolf as a human? -_-
Party Hard!
[close]

Mashi

In the past, we didn't criticise you for your honesty, we criticised you for using honesty as your sole proof of your humanity.  Anyone can allege being candid about something.  Only evidence based on actions (or in this case, text) is the most reasonable method of proof.

vermilionvermin

If you have yet to post, now would be a good time to do so and confirm that you do or don't have the poison.

MaestroUGC

I have no poisons. No poisons have I. Poisons have I not. Have poisons, not I.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jub3r7

I am a duck. I mean human. I mean wolf. Wait no I mean human, sorry, my strep throat is giving me a stutter!

Also, I did not receive any items. Was just told of being a duck. I mean human.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]