News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

TWG XXXVIII: Snakes on a Plane

Started by the_last_sheikah, September 01, 2012, 12:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_last_sheikah

TWG: Snakes on a Plane

1. Liquid Snake - Poisons someone each night phase.
2. Solid Snake - Cannot be poisoned.
3. Big Boss Snake - Master wolf (seered Green). Can determine someone's role each night phase. Appears red when poisoned.
4. Badger Badger Badger Snake - Brutal Wolf.  If lynched, send the Host a PM with the name of a Player.  That Player dies with him/her. Starts with one mushroom antidote, which lasts until given away or used.

5. Human Doctor - Cures someone each night phase.
6. Seer - Cannot be poisoned.
7. Cool Guy - Learns who gets the mushroom antidote each night phase.
8. Human - Cannot be poisoned. Doesn't know that though.
9. Human - Cannot be poisoned. Doesn't know that though.
10. Human
11. Human
12. Human
13. Human
14. Human
15. The Pain, as portrayed by Nicholas Cage - Doesn't know he's red. As long as The Pain is alive, there will be a buzzing noise at the start of every Day Phase.
16. Raiden who hisses - Doesn't know he's red.  As long as Raiden who hisses is alive, there will be a hissing noise at the start of every Day Phase.

Universal Effects:
  • Color Cardflipping - when a person dies, their color is revealed to the thread.
  • Two poisons and a mushroom antidote are randomly distributed each night phase to three players. The players are alerted by a PM telling them what they got. After the doctor is dead, only one poison will be distributed.
  • Seerings come before poisons, poisons activations come before antidotes and antidotes come before a used poison will bring about a person's death.
  • Poisons and mushroom antidotes only exist during the phase they were given.
  • Poisons last two full phases before the person keels over. So if they're poisoned at night, they die at the end of the next night phase. They will be sent a PM alerting them as soon as they're poisoned.  If the poison isn't used, the player holding it is poisoned.

1. Mashi
2. vermilionvermin
3. Bubbles7689
4. SocialFox
5. Mr. Saturn
6. Bird
7. blueflower999
8. Kman96
9. gzgregory
10. Wrydryn
11. Jub3r7
12. MaestroUGC
13. K-NiGhT
14. spitllama
15. FSM-Reapr
16. Spyro

It is now Night 1.  Night 1 ends Sunday, September 2, at 9 PM EST/ 8 PM CST/ 7 PM MDT/ 6 PM PDT/ ect.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Mashi

FSM-Reapr

Does this mean 36 hour phases? If I got it right.

Dibs on

Bubbles

vermilionvermin

I think my sig makes it pretty clear what I want my role to be.

the_last_sheikah

The 36 hours is first night only.  After that, days will be 48 hours, nights 24.  I may be slightly late on phase endings because of band, but I will inform you all of this well prior.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Bird

(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FSM-Reapr

TWG XXXVIII: Snakes on a Plane Official Theme Song

And when can we expect our PMs?

ninja'd x3 4 -.-

K-NiGhT

Okay, I'll do my best this time! No giving up!
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Bird

I think most of the roles should be out.

It probably goes without saying, but none of the specials should reveal their identities to anyone (except in very special circumstances, which I'll outline later). We don't have a guardian, so they'll be wolfed pretty much immediately, and uniting two specials at the expense of one isn't really worth it at all. So we're not going to be able to get an alliance this game.

The exception is if the Cool Guy sees that an antidote was used on a person who did not announce the fact that they were poisoned. This means that the antidote was probably used on a wolf, which is a good reason to claim to the thread. You'll probably die immediately after, but it's better than you dying with that incriminating information.

I'm a human and, unless the host hasn't sent out the item pms yet, I have neither a poison nor the antidote. If you do get one of those items, it would be in the best interest of the humans for you to announce it.

What do you guys think?

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

FSM-Reapr

FSM's Claim:

Human. No poisons or antidotes. :(

WHY CAN'T I BE A WOLF SNAKE JUST THIS ONE TIME

the_last_sheikah

Roles are out, but due to some stupid 20 PMs/hour crap, I didn't get to tell the mushroom holder that they have the mushroom.  I will be sure to rectify this asap.

Bird

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on September 01, 2012, 01:22:36 PMRoles are out, but due to some stupid 20 PMs/hour crap, I didn't get to tell the mushroom holder that they have the mushroom.  I will be sure to rectify this asap.
Does this mean that the two players who were randomly given a poison were told in the original role PMs?