News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Are you athletic?

Started by Kman96, August 26, 2012, 09:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Ruto on August 28, 2012, 03:18:04 PMHe's already mentioned football, so that probably isn't it...frisbee? Or that odd game those college students play that results in bragging about their awesome bruises they get for it. Can't think of the name right now...

Football might indicate soccer as opposed to American football though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Yah it does, also the fact that I've never seen American football played in other countries makes me think he means the more common term XD

Also I have no clue about all the other things he mentioned. I guessed -.-

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Jamaha

Whoops. Yeah, disc golf. Not gold. Basically throwing a frisbee into a basket in as few throws as possible. Played that in the military.

Floorball is a rather popular sport in Finland. Played inside with sticks and a ball.

And yes, I meant soccer. You Americans and your weird terminology.

Kman96

Quote from: Jamaha on August 28, 2012, 11:25:05 PMAnd yes, I meant soccer. You Americans and your weird terminology.

:3
Party Hard!
[close]

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Jamaha on August 28, 2012, 11:25:05 PMFloorball is a rather popular sport in Finland. Played inside with sticks and a ball.
Nuff said. XD

Ice hockey is (I think) the most popular sport in Finland. Also the best sport ever. :3

PELICANS FTW <3

Roz~

Nononono, go Jokerit! :D
And ice hockey is also really popular in Canada. I enjoy watching it but I hate playing hockey =P
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Roz~ on August 29, 2012, 08:13:38 AMNononono, go Jokerit! :D
*cough*Pelicans came in second*cough*Jokerit came in third*cough*  ::)

You've got no idea how much I've bragged with that XD Finally Pelicans has a shot to win the SM-League! :D Jokerit has SO MUCH SPONSORS, that they could buy the whole NHL!!! :( Anyway, I'm going to go watch as much games where Pelicans are playing! :D I'M A FAN

Greg

I basically have no stamina. Which means I fail at every sport I play. :S
Quote from: Roz~ on August 29, 2012, 08:13:38 AMNononono, go Jokerit! :D
And ice hockey is also really popular in Canada. I enjoy watching it but I hate playing hockey =P
Ahahah yeah. Go Canucks go :D

Mashi

So I played tennis with my friend who's the best player on our tennis team.
2 months of pain from not exercising concentrated in 2 hours.
:(

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Mashi on August 29, 2012, 01:05:43 PMSo I played tennis with my friend who's the best player on our tennis team.
2 months of pain from not exercising concentrated in 2 hours.
:(

Poor Mashi.  Especially cuz TENNIS IS THE SPORT OF WIN.

Roz~

Quote from: gzgregory on August 29, 2012, 09:42:20 AMI basically have no stamina. Which means I fail at every sport I play. :SAhahah yeah. Go Flames go :D

Fixed ;P

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on August 29, 2012, 08:34:44 AM*cough*Pelicans came in second*cough*Jokerit came in third*cough*  ::)

You've got no idea how much I've bragged with that XD Finally Pelicans has a shot to win the SM-League! :D Jokerit has SO MUCH SPONSORS, that they could buy the whole NHL!!! :( Anyway, I'm going to go watch as much games where Pelicans are playing! :D I'M A FAN

I like both teams actually. Can't really watch them play though, which is a shame really.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

GaryOak

I've been working out for some months now, it's kinda odd since usually when I've started something I only have motivation for it for two weeks maybe. I don't consider myself athletic tho. But when I was in eight grade I couldn't bench press even 90lbs lol. Now I can bench press 175lbs so at least there's some progress. It's been 8 years since that but...

I'd like to be ice hockey player. They get all the girls.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

fabbemannen

Bump
Figured I might as well post here since I used to be pretty active (note the "used to")

First football/soccer when I was a kid, played that for a long time and had a pretty good shot actually.
Then I started with swimming, which I wasn't that good with, but I still got way too many medals from all those district competitions.
Then I started with athletics (or what it's called). When I was at my best, I was 8th in triple-jump in Sweden for those in my age, even though highjump was my primary.
And finally I competed in curling for a year, was actually really fun

Nowadays I'm competing with the best in the highly anticipated sport of "doing-nothing"

Kman96

Hey Hey, Everyone. [/bump]

Just got back from my swim team's infamous "Palmer Trip," where we travel down to Palmer, Alaska (and kick some major ass).

Boys ended the meet in 4th place, girls tied for 6th.

...and I dropped time in my 500 Freestyle down to a 5:10.19!!! :D My best time ever at the best meet ever! Only thing that could've made it better was if I weren't so awkward with the ladies. ;)

EDIT:Also, this happened:
Party Hard!
[close]

dahans

I wouldn't call myself athletic. But I try to do sports as much as possible. I go running at least 5 times a week, play tennis twice a week and soccer every once in a while. It's just so fun running after a stupid little ball.

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!