News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Ending songs

Started by Bubbles, August 25, 2012, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Alot of the time when I arrange a song that ends in a loop (pretty much every Pokemon song), the timing doesnt work at the end. Either the measure is half a beat too short or a few beats too long. How would I fix this? I only have notepad, so nothing that needs the ful version of Finale

Bespinben

Have you tried experimenting with 1st and 2nd endings?
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bubbles

Even though the ending doesnt change? Or do you mean create an ending

spitllama

So you're saying you'll be going in 4/4 time and the last measure before the loop will have an extra beat or something? I've never seen anyone experience that before. Could you post an example?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bubbles

Never seen it? Almost all of my songs have it -.-

Look at this one
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96664701/Es%20Cade%20Theme.mus

spitllama

K I was counting along with that video and I ended correctly. When the song looped I was on beat 1 again. Maybe a measure somewhere screwed it up? I'll look for it.
Submissions Page

Bubbles

In the last measure, when I count it it seems to be 2 beats too long

Bespinben

I see the problem. You are using the wrong time signature. While you are on the right track with 4/4, there are 3 subdivisions per beat as opposed to two. You're going to have to re-write, from scratch, the entire arrangement in 12/8.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bespinben on August 25, 2012, 09:55:24 PMI see the problem. You are using the wrong time signature. While you are on the right track with 4/4, there are 3 subdivisions per beat as opposed to two. You're going to have to re-write, from scratch, the entire arrangement in 12/8.
I'll help with that; It'll only take a few moments.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

Is that really necessary? I was just splitting things like this in 4/4 and it seemed to working fine:

Submissions Page

MaestroUGC

You could do what I do, and just write endings twice as long as the original piece.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bespinben

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 25, 2012, 10:13:27 PMYou could do what I do, and just write endings twice as long as the original piece.

Rofl  ;D

Quote from: spitllama on August 25, 2012, 10:07:43 PMIs that really necessary? I was just splitting things like this in 4/4 and it seemed to working fine:
*picture*

Err... no, the original is definitely in compound meter. Just count 1-and-a, 2-and-a, etc. inside each beat and you'll see it.

Bubbles

Yay... So how do you change time signature in finale notepad? And is there anything else that needs fixing while I'm at it?

Bespinben

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on August 25, 2012, 10:28:58 PMYay... So how do you change time signature in finale notepad? And is there anything else that needs fixing while I'm at it?

After the document is created, you cannot change the time signature in Notepad, but that doesn't matter anyway since you're switching to 12/8. With that change of time signature, you'd have to rewrite from scratch in ANY version of Finale, because you have to multiply all your rhythms by a factor of 1.5.

Oh, and I have a tip for you Bubbles, and pretty much all you're arrangements could use it. Your layers overlap alot. Try pressing "L" while a note is highlighted, and see what happens.

Bubbles

Oh, ok. So you change the time signature in the beginning? And you said that all the rhythms get multiplied by 1.5.... Does that mean that a quarter note would become a dotted quarter note?