News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

How to "split" a staff?

Started by Bespinben, August 25, 2012, 08:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

How would I do the following? The "staff in half" thing in measures 42-45. I use Finale 2011.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Shadoninja

There should be a plug-in for that. I believe it's in TG Tools.

If you want to do that by hand, I think you have to disable Margin Collision in the page layout tool.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bespinben

I found something called "Vertical Collision Remover" within the Scoring and Arranging section of the plug-ins. I couldn't get it to do what I wanted though.

Quote from: Shadoninja on August 25, 2012, 08:27:32 PMIf you want to do that by hand, I think you have to disable Margin Collision in the page layout tool.

I'm very much interesting in doing it this way. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything that allowed me to do that, much to my chagrin.

This is what I'm working on, it's a medley of various fanfares: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35209091/PMD%20Fanfares%20Collection.mus

If you could help me figure this out, I'd really, really appreciate it  ;)

Oh, and btw, the screenshot in the previous post was taken from the solo sax "Minor Remnants" arrangement in the Music Thread.

Shadoninja

I was wrong, it's in "Measures ->Create Coda System"

I figured out how to do it:

-Page Layout Tool, Uncheck "Avoid Margin Collision"
-Using the boxes at the bottom right, shrink the system where you want the "split" to be. Holding shift helps if you don't want to shrink/enlarge vertically.
-Bring the system below up next to the first system. Align if necessary and then shrink that to fill the rest of the space. The shrink/enlarge box seems to need to be on the page in order for it to work.
-Use the Measure Tool to add a double bar line to the first system.

This could be a good topic for an NSM Resources.

Bespinben

YES!!! Thanks Shado, huge help. I ended using the plug-in method, since Finale wasn't letting me drag the lower system upwards with the staff tool even though "Avoid Margin Collision" was turned off.

...this would make a nice topic in NSM resources. Then again, it's a fairly obscure problem.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bespinben on August 25, 2012, 09:13:51 PMYES!!! Thanks Shado, huge help. I ended using the plug-in method, since Finale wasn't letting me drag the lower system upwards with the staff tool even though "Avoid Margin Collision" was turned off.

...this would make a nice topic in NSM resources. Then again, it's a fairly obscure problem.
You're supposed to use the page layout tool not the staff tool.
It could be a topic about making codas.

Olimar12345

What a lovely piece you have pictured there...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!