News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Yugi's Arrangements. (10/11/15 Undertale)

Started by Yugi, August 22, 2012, 10:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

Yugi

At First I thought this was going to evolve into that Warioman Debate.

Yugi

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107836331/Final%20Final%20Battle.mus

Did I get the left hand right (Also, I apoligise if I seem annoying doing this, this is the first time I'm arranging a full orchestra song entirely by ear, so I need a bit of help)?

Yugi

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u5jjwrczzm5tnls/3-m3tBOfv-

Chads Lullaby: Does this change Time Signature?

Other Song: How do I notate the first bar?

FireArrow

Quote from: Yugi on October 29, 2013, 04:36:21 PMChads Lullaby: Does this change Time Signature?

No.

QuoteOther Song: How do I notate the first bar?

Personally, I would just ignore it. You can't recreate that on a piano, so you'd have to be a bit creative if you wanted to do something there (btw I think it would make more sense to notate that in C minor, though I didn't actually listen to a large enough portion of the song to tell.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Yugi

[WII] Mega Man 9

Galaxy Fantasy (Galaxy Man Stage)
[ZIP]

I decided to fix this around a bit, considering that my original arrangement of this was awful. It still feels a bit bare, but I fixed most of the problems with it.

Also, if someone wants me to arrange an 8-bit song, feel free to give me a request.

Yugi

[NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Dick Gumshoe ~ Pal!
[ZIP]

It's not very good right now, but I'll try to fix it, and if someone could point out the problems with the arrangement, that would be appreciated.

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Yugi

Yugi

[SNES] Mega Man X

Spark Mandrill
[ZIP]

COME ON AND SLAM

AND WELCOME TO THE JAM

But in all seriousness, should I add percussion to the song? It kinda sounds bare without it.

Jompa

Before you say yourself finished with an arrangement it is an idea to ask yourself "is this readable?".
If you take a glance at your arrangement, you'll see that the left hand staff is pretty much completely unreadable, which is a problem. No one can read that low - that's deeper than what tubaists and bass clarinetists read.

The bass is way to deep anyways, it's a piano, not a 5-stringed bass guitar.

The arrangement is completely unplayable in terms of difficulty, too. Try playing just the left hand, or just the right hand - impossible on one piano alone.

And accidentals!! You don't flat the tonic, you sharp the seventh!!!
Birdo for Smash

Yugi

Quote from: Jompa on January 15, 2014, 03:32:02 PMBefore you say yourself finished with an arrangement it is an idea to ask yourself "is this readable?".
If you take a glance at your arrangement, you'll see that the left hand staff is pretty much completely unreadable, which is a problem. No one can read that low - that's deeper than what tubaists and bass clarinetists read.

It's how deep it was and Notepad can't use 8va!

Quote from: Jompa on January 15, 2014, 03:32:02 PMThe arrangement is completely unplayable in terms of difficulty, too. Try playing just the left hand, or just the right hand - impossible on one piano alone.
Other than some of the sixteenth chords, which one can just limit to make it easier (like making the chords one note instead of two notes). I would consider this playable, if it would need a little practice.

Quote from: Jompa on January 15, 2014, 03:32:02 PMAnd accidentals!! You don't flat the tonic, you sharp the seventh!!!
What bar?

FierceDeity

You could definitely stand to bring the LH up an octave; in the octave it's in right now, it's not going to sound good on piano. Not to mention, the original actually is up an octave. The main problem there, though, is the consecutive sixteenth notes. Those are essentially impossible to play. If you want to maintain the rhythm, I'd replace the second sixteenth note each time that occurs with a different note; in the bass, you might just want to go down to the fifth or the seventh. (for example, in measure 2, rather than doing "D#, D# D# G# A# D# D#" in the first two beats, try "D#, D# A#(below) G# A# D# C#"). Let me know if that doesn't make sense, and I'll just write it out in finale.

If you don't want to have to emulate the percussion in the last three bars (which might be kinda difficult to do), you could honestly just take those measures out entirely, in my opinion; the fourth to last bar is really just a repeat of the intro, so it'd still make sense. The percussion break is more of an extension.

Speaking of the intro/the fourth to last bar, though, they SHOULD be the same. Not sure why you left out the bass in the intro, but it's there. And yeah, the rhythm should start on the second eighth note of the measure; also, you'll want to tie the last note of each hand into the next bar.

As for the accidentals, yeah, Jompa's right, C double sharp rather than D natural. Bars 18, 19, 20, 21, just to name a few (I didn't look for more).
...Wait, ew, is this in D# minor? I generally try not to write in minor keys whose parallel majors essentially don't exist. If you wrote this in Eb minor, you wouldn't need any double sharps or anything, but as it is, C double sharp is necessary to imply the harmonic minor scale.

These criticisms aside, it's mostly accurate. Also, you get 1000000 points for arranging megaman X music, as well as for the space jam reference.

Yugi

FierceDeity

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, that's how I'd go about it; there's definitely more than one way to do it, though.