Yugi's Arrangements. (10/11/15 Undertale)

Started by Yugi, August 22, 2012, 10:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

The file says "Fira Man". Thanks for arranging such a great song!  ;)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Brassman388

Redoing some FFVI stuff, are we?

I'll take a look a few.

Yugi

[NES] Kid Icarus

Death
[ZIP]

Also added final version of Setzer's Theme, viewable on first post.

Yugi

FireArrow

That was pretty good, though it doesn't seem as full as the original. Maybe becuase it's a piano solo? Otherwise, great job!
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

hey yugi, could you do clash of clans theme or a super paper mario one for me please??
the links are under request under my name.

Yugi

Quote from: mariolegofan on May 16, 2013, 03:42:15 PMhey yugi, could you do clash of clans theme or a super paper mario one for me please??
the links are under request under my name.
I'm pretty sure I did do a Super Paper Mario a while ago.

Let me look for it.

EDIT:
(click on the picture)

FireArrow

I don't mean to sound butthurt - but your missing some harmonies in that arrangement. Ik, it's impossible to find harmonies in Super Paper Mario songs, but Olimar gave me some advice that changed my world on things like that; wear headphones.

Sebastian

Yugi

Added a to-do list on the OP.

Please tell me if there's anything I missed.

FireArrow

People don't post in the submission boards enough.  :P If you don't mind, I may be going through some of your arrangements and critiquing them to the best of my abilities, I'll start with Fire Man:

Accidentals:

This is in F# sharp minor, don't move the notes around, just change the key signature (you can't do this in notepad... I can do it for if you don't want to rewrite the whole song.) Move all your Gbs, Abs, and Dbs down a note - they'll now be sharped by the key sig as well as your current F, G, and C sharps. Change all your F naturals to E sharps (yes, even the ones without a natural next to them.) The last four notes of the song would be notated as D - D# - E - E#.

Voices:

In measures 2-11, your missing a voice. It's really unimportant though (it's just sitting there beeping) so you don't have to add it if you don't want to (I would recommend against it.)

However, in measure 12 onward, your missing out on a lot of awesomeness. We know that there are 4 voices in an 8-bit song, one of which is percussion (ty Echo!), so lets try and figure out what they're doing.

Voice 1: Playing the Melody (you've got this right)
Voice 2: Harmonizing with the Melody (you've got this part wrong, it's up in the treble clef and doing something different.)
Voice 3: Being lazy and just twirling notes (you've left this one out.)
Voice 4: Percussion (don't worry too much about this.)

From what it sounds like to me, from measure 12-14 and measure 16-18, the second voice is playing a minor sixth below the melody on beats 1, 3, and 4 (quarter notes.) On the second beat, it's two eight notes, one on the same note you played on beat one, the second one note lower on the F# minor scale (leading to the sixth on beat 3.) Additionally, the first beat of each of these measures (only the second voice) is staccatoed. (Note: you would notate this as a second voice in the treble clef, not in the bass clef.)

The second voice is absent on measure 15. From measure 18 onward it sounds like the second voice is playing at the same rhythm as the melody, but I can't make out what it's doing.

For the 3rd voice, you can choose whether you want to omit it or not (it may be a bit hectic to play all three voices in the R.H.) If you care, this is what it does: It doesn't come in until measure 16, in which it bounces between C# and D, it goes down the F minor scale one step every measure until it reaches measure 18, where it does idk what.)

Now you run into the problem that you don't have a bass clef (your original one was an incorrect interpretation of the second voice.) You have 3 options:

1. Try to imitate the percussion (this is gonna be hard, but it's your best bet.)
2. Lower the 3rd voice to the base clef (this is the easiest, but it probably wont sound too good.)
3. Make something up (If your feeling creative.)

Sry for the wall of text.

EDIT: I forgot to add, you can just leave the left hand you currently have in, it actually doesn't sound too bad with the voice in the R.H. as well.

FireArrow

y u no respond and make me double post

Can you link me to the version of No Hope that you arranged? I'm listening to it now, but I have a hard time believing that the snes had sound quality this good.

Oh, and your L.H. doesn't sound too great with the voice moved up, so ignore that edit...

Yugi

FireArrow

Yugi

I think I arranged a different song, thinking that it was No Hope.