TWG XXXVII - Time for a History Lesson

Started by MaestroUGC, August 19, 2012, 06:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman96

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on August 19, 2012, 10:16:39 PMOMG Kman is sending a message! :O

I was asking Maestro about some of the powers, and why the wolves didn't know each other...however I guess its a bigger advantage for us, because then each wolf is on his own, and doesn't have any teammates. I thought posting the question in the topic would have made me a target, but shit, lookie here. I'm doing it now. So much for that plan.

Anyways, the fact each wolf is singular and on their own should make it way easier to smoke them out, especially because they've got no one to fall back on. hopefully the wolves aren't too sly.
Party Hard!
[close]

MaestroUGC

Just to let you all know, universe-X is going to be auditing this game, so don't  be alarmed if he shows up in the chat or the like.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Kman96

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2012, 10:26:43 PMJust to let you all know, universe-X is going to be auditing this game, so don't  be alarmed if he shows up in the chat or the like.

auditing...? what, did we not pay our TWG taxes? :o
Party Hard!
[close]

MaestroUGC

How else can you sustain your national endowments (powers)?

vermilionvermin

You do realize that if a wolf really wanted to, they could circumvent the Who's Online thing?  I know I had set up a way to not look like I was online at the time when Role PM's were sent out in case I was a wolf.

The American Legends is by far the weakest team role-wise.  True or false?

MaestroUGC

I think there is a bit of confusion about this, this game is still Humans vs. Wolves, not Team vs. Team. I did not build this game to be the latter as some teams could just bulldoze the rest to victory if they wanted.

K-NiGhT

That doesn't mean anything. He could be sending a message to anyone.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

K-NiGhT

Oops didn't see the 2nd page. That was in response to
Quote from: FSM-Reapr on August 19, 2012, 10:16:39 PMOMG Kman is sending a message! :O
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

vermilionvermin

So this changes a lot.  It means that someone should be claiming tonight.  I suggest Churchill.  He's the seer, and he should definitely be guarded

vermilionvermin

For those who might not know:

Claiming is something which happens in most TWGs.  It involves one player stating in the thread their role.  For example, in this game, Churchill would make a post saying he's Churchill.  After others have confirmed that they are not Churchill, or after we determine that the phase is about to end and there aren't any counterclaims, everyone sends a PM to Churchill telling him/her their role.  Churchill uses this information to determine whom we lynch.  For example, if everyone claims to Churchill and he has 2 people saying that they're Louis XIV, two Catherine II's, 2 George Washington's, 2 Abe Lincoln's, 1 Alexander, 1 Cleopatra, and 1 FDR, then those who claimed Alexander, Cleopatra, and FDR are confirmed to be on the human team.  Read Night 1 of Beat those Eggs Jimmy! if you're unsure of what to do as Churchill.  It's on the second page of the TWG forum.

davy

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2012, 10:57:40 PMI think there is a bit of confusion about this, this game is still Humans vs. Wolves, not Team vs. Team. I did not build this game to be the latter as some teams could just bulldoze the rest to victory if they wanted.

Meastro, I'd suggest that we play Team vs. Team, because Humans vs. Wolves makes this game very human sided.

If a human claims, and is not counterclaimed (which is pretty easy due to Washington), there will be 4 confirmed humans, 4 unconfirmed humans and 4 wolves, which means the wolves have to wolf a confirmed human each night phase, while the humans will just lynch the unconfirmed while having a 1/2 chance of finding a wolf. If the wolves are increadibly lucky to find a confirmed human each night phase (a chance of 8/1155), then there will be 2 wolves (who do not know eachother) and 2 humans left. Then the wolves will eighter have to lynch a human (chance of 1/2) and wolf a human (chance of 1/2), or lynch a human, wolf a wolf (chance of 1/2) and survive the KitB (1/2) or lynch a wolf (1/2) wolf a human (1/1) and survive the KitB (1/2), which means that they have 5/8 chances of winning, in that scenario.

However, this is made while not considdering the seering results, the other powers, the Nuclear Deterrent (there are almost always more humans dead than wolves) and obviously the fact that wolves can be found in manhunts too (where there are no roles to determine who is a human and who is a wolf).

So I think this game shouldn't be Human vs. Wolves.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

Also, if whe are actually doing wolves against humans, than Washington should claim and not Churchill, because Washington's power can be proved, which makes it harder to counterclaim him.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: davy on August 20, 2012, 01:57:05 AMMeastro, I'd suggest that we play Team vs. Team, because Humans vs. Wolves makes this game very human sided.
It's too late to make major changes to the game. Sorry Davy.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: davy on August 20, 2012, 01:57:05 AMMeastro, I'd suggest that we play Team vs. Team, because Humans vs. Wolves makes this game very human sided.

If a human claims, and is not counterclaimed (which is pretty easy due to Washington), there will be 4 confirmed humans, 4 unconfirmed humans and 4 wolves, which means the wolves have to wolf a confirmed human each night phase, while the humans will just lynch the unconfirmed while having a 1/2 chance of finding a wolf. If the wolves are increadibly lucky to find a confirmed human each night phase (a chance of 8/1155), then there will be 2 wolves (who do not know eachother) and 2 humans left. Then the wolves will eighter have to lynch a human (chance of 1/2) and wolf a human (chance of 1/2), or lynch a human, wolf a wolf (chance of 1/2) and survive the KitB (1/2) or lynch a wolf (1/2) wolf a human (1/1) and survive the KitB (1/2), which means that they have 5/8 chances of winning, in that scenario.

However, this is made while not considdering the seering results, the other powers, the Nuclear Deterrent (there are almost always more humans dead than wolves) and obviously the fact that wolves can be found in manhunts too (where there are no roles to determine who is a human and who is a wolf).

So I think this game shouldn't be Human vs. Wolves.

This is all well and good, but I don't think you've taken into account each of the players powers or that the wolves can still look for each other just as easily as the humans can. This game wasn't designed to be Team vs. Team, becuase if it was I would've given each player far different powers, and by having the wolves know each other in any capacity they could easily screw over the humans due to both their regular and special powers.

FSM-Reapr