News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

TWG XXXVII - Time for a History Lesson

Started by MaestroUGC, August 19, 2012, 06:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vermilionvermin

Whichever one was first counts.  If you haven't yet already, send me a PM with your role.  Phase ends in like 3 hours and I don't have enough.

Bubbles

Haha probably because no one trusts you

vermilionvermin

Mashi

i trust verm verm
everyone should trust him too

spitllama

Well typically I'm the uber paranoid one but I've made my claim. While the wolves may be clever enough to make a counter-claim of the first player, false-claiming a second time would be pretty unheard of.

Verm has not been counterclaimed and I do not expect him too. Many of the powers rely on communication. Let's just get the claiming over with.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

davy

Quote from: vermilionvermin on August 20, 2012, 04:19:33 PMSo I've been thinking this through, and I've decided that whether or not we have everyone claim, it'd be a good idea to have at least some figurehead out there.  I think my role puts me in an optimal position to be that figurehead.

I am ALEXANDER THE GREAT.

Basically, my power only works if one of my teammates is dead.  Conveniently, Cleopatra is my teammate.  Thus, I propose that we lynch one of Davy and FSM tomorrow.  If I'm able to steal the Seer's spy power (or anyone else's) then Cleopatra or Caligula is dead.  Unless Caligula gets wolfed Night 1, that will tell us whether or not we lynched Cleopatra.

Although I like the fact that you'll become the alliance leader, I prefer my plan over yours because:

1. We'll certainly keep the real cleo alive
2. Caligula kind of screws your plan, and we probably won't know the identy of the player wolf'd today.

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on August 20, 2012, 02:31:19 PMDavy, are you saying that either you or me is a wolf?

Not nessesairy, because one of us could make a move like sheikah did in TWG XXX, or maybe something else which I'm overlooking now, but it's pretty likely that one of us is a wolf.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: vermilionvermin on August 20, 2012, 04:19:33 PMBasically, my power only works if one of my teammates is dead.  Conveniently, Cleopatra is my teammate. Cleopatra.
What about today's wolving? It's better not to get rid of humans. imo. And I still suggest davy's original plan.

davy

As we are appearantly still going for my plan, I suggest that every player does not use their power during day 1, except if it's really nessecairy (in my case when jub and I gain an equil number of votes), because we don't want to trigger a Nuclear Deterrent, because that will probably cause us to lose a human.

So FSM, even if you are cleo and I am a wolf, but you are not involved in the KiaB, you should not use your power.
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

FSM-Reapr

Can I get a full clarification of your plan, so I wouldn't be confused?

davy

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on August 20, 2012, 10:23:22 PMCan I get a full clarification of your plan, so I wouldn't be confused?

Ok, so we try to make a pair of players vote at the same time (it has to be at the same time, or nearly at the same time to prevend Henry from ending the phase). One of them will vote for jub, and the other one will vote for me.

Then, when Jub and I have an equil number of votes at the end of the day, then no KiaB will occur, but jub will die due to my power.

vermilionvermin

I would rather have that KitB between you and SFM so we can do both plans at once.

spitllama

I disagree. Let's do the Kitb between Jub and either davy or FSM. Let's just say that FSM is the wolf. If we pit him against Jub, either way we get a wolf and we'll know it because it'll be stated that a KitB occured. Alternatively, if Davy was against Jub, Jub loses out because davy keeps it from being a KitB with his power, which we'll see.

This of course is under the assumption that Cleo using her ('his' now?) power actually changes the host's description of the lynch. Maestro I understand you said the nullification was behind the scenes, but that only applies to who's using it and who they're using it on, correct? The method of the kill is drastically different, and imo should be publicly noted.
Submissions Page

spitllama

And with this we'll still be able to do both plans at once because Verm you can still try to use spying or whatever you were saying earlier.
Submissions Page

MaestroUGC

With Nullification, the votes and powers are changed/prevented without any indication to the thread. However it changes the game will still take place.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

spitllama

Ok... I still didn't catch the answer. This is probably my fault so bear with me. If there's a KitB, but one of the votes was nulled at some point in the phase, will you say that a KitB occured (even though it really didn't)?
Submissions Page