News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Pikmin 3 Discussion

Started by Spyro, August 16, 2012, 12:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Much better experience if you play them in order, imo.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Well....for what it's worth I played Pikmin 2 for about three hours and decided I couldn't deal with the tedium anymore... I'll pick it up again one of these days I guess, but from what I played of 3 it seems to be a more polished and enjoyable experience.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

should have started with 1...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

I mean whatever I guess? The gamepad controls of 3 work a lot better and the graphics in 2 are pretty shitty? So I can't imagine 1 is an improvement over 2. I'm not saying you're wrong for liking them but I'm allowed to like the newer one better lol

Sebastian

Hmm...ok :)
I guess I could start with the first one. What are they about? Whats the story?

blueflower999

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 10, 2014, 07:40:41 PMWhat are they about? Whats the story?
Pikmin 1 plot summary
Captain Olimar, a quarter-sized captain from the planet Hocotate, works for an interstellar freight company named Hocotate Freight. One day, while on vacation, Olimar's ship is hit with an asteroid, forcing him to crash land on an uncharted planet. 30 of his ship pieces were scattered across the planet's surface, and using the Pikmin species that he discovers, has 30 days to recover as many parts as he can before he dies of the planet's poisonous oxygen atmosphere.
[close]

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 10, 2014, 07:36:40 PMthe graphics in 2 are pretty shitty?
I thought the graphics in Pikmin 2 were fantastic.  :-\
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Sebastian

InfinitySoul

I think three had the most "flexible" controls. Whatever that means XD Its sounds good to me but maybe not for everyone else.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: blueflower999 on August 10, 2014, 07:53:14 PM
Pikmin 1 plot summary
Captain Olimar, a quarter-sized captain from the planet Hocotate, works for an interstellar freight company named Hocotate Freight. One day, while on vacation, Olimar's ship is hit with an asteroid, forcing him to crash land on an uncharted planet. 30 of his ship pieces were scattered across the planet's surface, and using the Pikmin species that he discovers, has 30 days to recover as many parts as he can before he dies of the planet's poisonous oxygen atmosphere.
[close]
I thought the graphics in Pikmin 2 were fantastic.  :-\

Ehhh

After playing Wii U everything on the Wii just looks horrible to me.... xD I've been spoiled by HD I guess?

SlowPokemon

Guys

Shigeru Miyamoto is directing a Pikmin animated short film xD

Olimar12345

Hopefully it won't be as lame as that Pikmin 3 safari thing. Also, links?

Olimar12345

MaestroUGC

Wasn't this something wanted to do years ago?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345