News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Pikmin 3 Discussion

Started by Spyro, August 16, 2012, 12:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

I think the problem is that 2 set my expectations too high. If I had 3 to play immediately after I finished 2, it wouldn't be a problem. However, instead, years of not having any new Pikmin games just made me want one more and more and my expectations got higher and higher. I sort of new deep down that it would be impossible for this new game to please 100%.

But maybe I'll be lucky and it will please in a way different from 2. We'll see.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

Yeah, that's fair.  Man, I need to play 2....

SlowPokemon

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 31, 2013, 07:12:32 PMI'm not attacking my broseph Blueflower at all

Make sure that's clear next time

Quote from: blueflower999 on July 31, 2013, 07:15:05 PMI think the problem is that 2 set my expectations too high. If I had 3 to play immediately after I finished 2, it wouldn't be a problem. However, instead, years of not having any new Pikmin games just made me want one more and more and my expectations got higher and higher. I sort of new deep down that it would be impossible for this new game to please 100%.

But maybe I'll be lucky and it will please in a way different from 2. We'll see.

I think I told you this in chat, but I think that even if it's not as good as 2, it will be a great game and either way a continuation of the franchise is a great thing.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 31, 2013, 07:20:03 PMYeah, that's fair.  Man, I need to play 2....
I can't agree with this more.

I can barely call you a fan of the series until you play 2, TZP. That's like me playing Super Mario Brothers and not playing Mario 3.

In short, if you like 1, you'll ADORE 2.  :D
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 31, 2013, 07:20:16 PMMake sure that's clear next time

Yes mom  ::)

Quote from: blueflower999 on July 31, 2013, 07:21:42 PMI can barely call you a fan of the series until you play 2, TZP.

.__. okaayyy.....

blueflower999

Ilu TZP but there are some franchises that you just can't judge from the first game in them.  :)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

I'll take your word for it.  It's definitely near the front of my long to-play list.

DonValentino

Ok... so... played this today at a friend's house. After playing all levels of the bingo battle and doing all the stages of the Mission mode, as well as trying a day of the main story, I have to say Pikmin 3 is not what I expected.

Pikmin 3 is somehow disappointing, specially if you've played Pikmin 2. Not only that the Bingo Battle isn't as fun as it seems, but the controls on the Gamepad are really weird. The controls of the Wiimote have also been changed, and you can no longer change the camera angle.

Oh... the camera... It's the most frustrating thing of all!!! I miss so much the camera change of Pikmin 2! In Pikmin 3 is uncomfortable to control.

Also, they've made weird things with the gameplay. If you want to ambush an enemy, you have to select it first, and that sounds way easier than it is. And the game itself its not as fast as Pikmin or Pikmin 2, everything seems to be more slow.
On top of that, another thing more frustrating than it sounds: you cannot change captains while they are following you. I found that pretty annoying when I wanted to pick, for example, Pikmin of a certain color.

Aside from the frustrating controls, the graphics are excellent, and the multiplayer modes are, if not even by far perfect, acceptable.

There's still a lot of work to do with Pikmin. Those who expected a better, much bigger Pikmin 2 will be really disappointed. Pikmin also NEEDS a cooperative multiplayer in story mode. It's the perfect game for co-op!

Well, let's hope that with Pikmin 4 they don't do the same with this and really do a well-deserved sequel of Pikmin 2.

Sincerely, my score would be a simple 7.

Pikmin 3 could still be A LOT better. I'm sorry ot say it, but the delays weren't really worth it, guys.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Dude

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 31, 2013, 07:20:16 PMMake sure that's clear next time
slow 4 mod of nsm 2014

also captain pikmin is lame it took lip's spot in brawl lip ftwwwwwwwwww

aweghw;eoaighwe *throws up*

DonValentino

Well, after playing it with the Pro Controller, it's not so bad. Maybe you just have to get used to it. Could be worse!

But still, the camera when battling the Armored Mawdad is really bad... Lost more than 40 pikmin because of that! I just couldn't see the Mawdad when it was about to ambush me... >.<

FSM-Reapr

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Is this the Wii u one?
Im thinking about getting it...