News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Started by Shadoninja, August 11, 2012, 12:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

Hmmm. . . . So I guess the only way around that is xml to other editors or ask for a specific template. Oh well. Also, I'm not sure how the 8va's work. When I put one in (to the template) it just creates that one thing, and I can't find an option to extend it so that it doesn't change the entire rest of the song.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Shadoninja

Quote from: Zunawe on November 04, 2012, 07:17:59 PMHmmm. . . . So I guess the only way around that is xml to other editors or ask for a specific template. Oh well. Also, I'm not sure how the 8va's work. When I put one in (to the template) it just creates that one thing, and I can't find an option to extend it so that it doesn't change the entire rest of the song.
They're not the variety with the lines. I could create an expression that turns off the transposition but not a line that can be extended.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Shadoninja

BonusPwnage

Is there any way to get grace notes to playback in Finale Notepad? In this articulation tool, there are grace notes that I can put in, but they only work as decoration.

Zunawe

All the grace notes I've been able to put into notepad have played back. I'm not sure why they wouldn't for you.

I program things

BonusPwnage

In Notepad, there's no grace note tool in the Simple Entry Pallet, so I tried using the articulation tool in the template at the beginning of the topic. There's a grace note icon, but it doesn't really "stick" to the staff. I have the ability to move it around and off the staff, as if it were a text box. I'm guessing that's not the right way to put in grace notes, so what is?

Shadoninja

Quote from: BonusPwnage on December 29, 2012, 09:15:22 AMIs there any way to get grace notes to playback in Finale Notepad? In this articulation tool, there are grace notes that I can put in, but they only work as decoration.
Don't use the one in the articulation menu.

Use this where you can copy and paste them:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36661985/Templates/Grace%20Note%20Workaround%20for%20Notepad%20Users.mus

BonusPwnage

Thank you so much for the workaround! I think I understand how to do it now.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on December 31, 2012, 07:09:06 PMWhy isn't this topic stickied?
I don't think that's necessary. I'm going to put this in the NSM Resources thread once I finish the documentation. I'd also like to see this in the what your sheet should look like thread.

Here's the first version of my documentation.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36661985/Templates/Readme.pdf

Bubbles

So I just realized that you made the tools work :DD Thank you so much this helps alot

The only thing I'm wondering is with the 8va tool, theres no dotted lines to show which parts to play an octave higher, plus it affects both the right hand and the left hand even though I attached it to the top layer only. How do I fix this?

Zunawe

Buy Finale. I'm pretty sure that whatever is in the template is just an articulation or something (just a guess). The actual tool is a smart shape where you double click and drag to the point you want to end it. As a workaround, you could carefully place a bunch of dashes (---------------------) next to the 8va and create an 8vb where you want to end it and hide it. I'm not sure how you would fix the both hands thing though.

I program things