News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Bubbles's Arrangements

Started by Bubbles, August 09, 2012, 10:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Yeah I have..... and that's why I like my name better.  It's cursed until you clear the temple.

Troubled Overworld sounds goofy.  Like the overworld itself isn't troubled ,the people in it are.  But that's just me.  It really doesn't matter.  :P

Bubbles

Ok, I was going to change it anyway. I wasnt disagreeing with your name, I was just wondering how you got it

MoboMoga

Bubbles:
Quote from: Bubbles7689 on August 09, 2012, 10:45:15 PMFile Select:
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Route 42/43/44/45/46/Lake of Rage
MUS MIDI PDF

Shouldn't it be:
Quote from: Bubbles7689 on August 09, 2012, 10:45:15 PMFile Select:
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Route 42/43/44/45/46/Lake of Rage
MUS MIDI PDF

Bubbles

Haha whoops yeah. Thanks :D

Also I just realized half my links dont work, which is probably because they were all on my other computer. I'll fix them eventually

Bubbles

New song! It feels so good to finally arrange something again

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2
Cave of Being
MUS MIDI PDF
ZIP

Clanker37

Nice one! :D I love that song. It's so mysterious and it holds a great element of discovery.

All the notes seem good. But you'll probably what to 'hide' the crecendo's and fortes and put in a simile sign. If your version of Finale can't hide them, then don't worry about it. It's just to keep the sheet neat and tidy.

Speaking of neat and tidy, some of your rest groupings are a little off. Now, I can't remember if it's necessary to have correct note groupings to submit, but it does make it easier to read. For example, bar 16 and 28 is perfect group notation. However, every other bar which has that beginning quaver, is wrong. You must group the notes to the nearest beats. However, this may be a bunch of useless text.

Wonderful arrangement! :D You are a great arranger. Keep it up! :D

Bubbles

Thanks for all the compliments :D I dont know what you mean by quavers, or how to group something to the nearest beat, Im not good with musical terms :P

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 28, 2012, 11:09:24 PMThanks for all the compliments :D I dont know what you mean by quavers, or how to group something to the nearest beat, Im not good with musical terms :P
A quaver is an eighth in old people jargon.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

A quaver is just an eighth note.
And as for rhythm groupings, Olimar and Deku are quick to find them. Try to be spot on (ex/ make the 3rd beat clear in notation, like no ties over it; don't have two dotted notes of any value right after each other, etc.)
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

spitllama

On your "Cave of Being" arrangement, it might save some clutter if you hid all of the forte and decrescendos (after the first set) and just wrote in "simile" instead.
Submissions Page

Bubbles

Shadoninja

Quote from: Clanker37 on December 28, 2012, 08:09:23 AMNice one! :D I love that song. It's so mysterious and it holds a great element of discovery.

All the notes seem good. But you'll probably what to 'hide' the crecendo's and fortes and put in a simile sign. If your version of Finale can't hide them, then don't worry about it. It's just to keep the sheet neat and tidy.

Speaking of neat and tidy, some of your rest groupings are a little off. Now, I can't remember if it's necessary to have correct note groupings to submit, but it does make it easier to read. For example, bar 16 and 28 is perfect group notation. However, every other bar which has that beginning quaver, is wrong. You must group the notes to the nearest beats. However, this may be a bunch of useless text.

Wonderful arrangement! :D You are a great arranger. Keep it up! :D
Quote from: spitllama on January 05, 2013, 11:13:41 PMOn your "Cave of Being" arrangement, it might save some clutter if you hid all of the forte and decrescendos (after the first set) and just wrote in "simile" instead.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36661985/Pokemon%20Black%202%20and%20White%202%20-%20Cave%20of%20Being.zip

Not sure what the proper formatting for a simile is supposed to be.

spitllama

That should work (idk the necessarily correct way of doing it either). Bubbles you'll just need to fix the formatting errors on that version like the font size and centering of the game title. I think it would work to erase/hide that lone forte and move the two sets into the middle of the staff too? Like Bubbles used to have Shado?
Submissions Page

Shadoninja

Quote from: spitllama on January 06, 2013, 02:25:18 PMThat should work (idk the necessarily correct way of doing it either). Bubbles you'll just need to fix the formatting errors on that version like the font size and centering of the game title. I think it would work to erase/hide that lone forte and move the two sets into the middle of the staff too? Like Bubbles used to have Shado?
I put it above so that performers don't think both hands echo. It's not a problem for this piece since the left hand mostly plays on the beats with forte, but it's best to use proper techniques.

Wolf

So... Someone did arrange pinball for windows...
COOL!!!!!!!
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic