News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Finale notepad recovery options

Started by Bubbles, August 09, 2012, 05:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

I was in the middle of arranging a song when my computer crashed. I hadn't saved the piece at all, either. Does finale have some sort of recovery options for when the program "closes unexpectedly"?

Bespinben

Unfortunately, no. I've suffered the same problem you just encountered when arranging my PMD Sky Tower piano solo and LoZ OoT "Ganondorf Battle", and it was very frustrating having to re-write all of it. I know Finale does save ".BAK" files, but these aren't recovery files, they're just back-ups whenever you save an .mus in case of file corruption.

...Sibelius, on the other hand, does have file recovery features  ::)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bubbles

Ahh ok. My computer just crashed again so I probably shouldn't start it again. I was only three measures in, so I was just being lazy

Shadoninja

Use Dropbox. Save frequently.

Dropbox keeps different versions of files every time you save.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bespinben

Quote from: Shadoninja on August 11, 2012, 12:31:19 PMUse Dropbox. Save frequently.

Dropbox keeps different versions of files every time you save.

Bubbles was wondering if Finale had file recovery for unsaved files, which it does not. But yes, like many other similar problems, saving frequently is the best solution.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

MaestroUGC

I usually save every few measures. I've done it so often that it's become a habit.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Shadoninja

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 11, 2012, 01:43:59 PMI usually save every few measures. I've done it so often that it's become a habit.
I save every time I do anything. I probably have like 30,003737639363 versions on Dropbox
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman