News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

More Finale Notepad Help

Started by JDMEK5, August 07, 2012, 06:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

How would one center text on the screen? I'm sure there's some kind of command for it.

While I'm at it, how do you align text on the left and right? That would be extremely helpful.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Shadoninja

Look in the text menu. I believe the command is ctrl+shift+'
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Olimar12345

You can also use Ctrl+Shift+[ and Ctrl+Shift+].
Wonder what they do...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Would that keep the text in the middle of the page? It doesn't seem to be working...
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

Are you clicking on the little box at the top of the textbox?

JDMEK5

Yep. The little box is purple, I press Ctrl and "+" at the same time (and shift in order to get the "+" not the "="), and nothing happens..

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

There's the problem. You're supposed to hit the apostrophe key not the plus key. Control shift apostrophe.

JDMEK5

... Uhhh... Still nothing. Does it matter which shift I press? And do I have to hold them down simultaneously?

And does this jump it to the middle of the sheet?

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 08, 2012, 12:35:01 PMAnd does this jump it to the middle of the sheet?
It should. And like Shado said, all of our keystrokes used the "+" as an "and".
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

That clears it up a lot. ... But... It's still not doing anything. Everything just stays still. Like I'm not doing anything..

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

As you ad a new button, keep the last one held down. Only release when they're all held down.

JDMEK5

I don't know what it is with my version.... It might be glitching or something, because all that makes sense, but still, nothing's happening..

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

What version/year do you have?

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

Olimar12345