News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Extraordinary Piano Performances

Started by JDMEK5, August 06, 2012, 06:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Ever find a piano performance on YouTube that was a cut above the rest (of the rest of the other videos for that same song)?
Well, here's where you show that.

Doesn't matter what style; rag, baroque, classical, jazz, video game/TV soundtrack, anything.

I suppose I'll start with these two:

Star Wars Theme

Pirates of the Caribbean Theme
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

universe-X

The Wind Garden theme done by tzohar. Allow me to do a full analysis of this performance.

Well, first off, he made the song his own not only by removing the well-known introduction to the piece and inputting an 8va part, but by also making a free-verse left hand part that just adds so much more to the piece when played on piano. His ability to add such crisp grace notes is also a nice element to the song.

And to make it all the better, this dude can't read sheet music and tuned his piano a half-step higher than it should be (probably for playability reasons), and learned a Db-major song on a C-major based performance.

Bespinben

Pokemon RBY Gym Leader battle. An immaculate recreation of the original 4-bit tune. DAT LEFT HAND.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Nebbles

I think this is pretty impressive... remember when I first saw this, I was like "Woahhhh..."
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

spitllama

^^ Didn't that girl make an account here? She posted the video I think

/randomness
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

wariopiano

JDMEK5

That would be pretty awesome if only he didn't say in the description that he didn't even know what he was doing.
He says there that he had an audio track playing in the back and was only hitting random keys...

But yeah, the song itself is great.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

wariopiano

It looks like hes really playing though! ???

JDMEK5

Meh, whatever. He might be exaggerating in the description, but unless he says so, I'm going to assume he isn't.

But yeah, it really does look like it.

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

I'm no cellist, but even I thought this was pretty amazing.

Carol Of The Bells (12 Cellos)

My Arrangements

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

Quote from: universe-X on August 06, 2012, 07:06:19 PMThe Wind Garden theme done by tzohar. Allow me to do a full analysis of this performance.

Well, first off, he made the song his own not only by removing the well-known introduction to the piece and inputting an 8va part, but by also making a free-verse left hand part that just adds so much more to the piece when played on piano. His ability to add such crisp grace notes is also a nice element to the song.

And to make it all the better, this dude can't read sheet music and tuned his piano a half-step higher than it should be (probably for playability reasons), and learned a Db-major song on a C-major based performance.
All of this only leads me to believe that he isn't that great of a pianist... Removing hard parts, simply changing octaves, improvising left hand with basic triads, adding grace notes, transposing a song to an easier key to play(when Db is already a very simple key for piano lit.)... it just doesn't sound like an "Extraordinary Piano Performance".
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Quote from: Bespinben on August 08, 2012, 12:55:44 PMTitle: Extraordinary Piano Performances
Wow. I can't believe I forgot that! (*laughs at self in slightly embarrassed manner*)
Me! Of all people! .... Wow...

My Arrangements

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 07, 2012, 03:19:43 PMMeh, whatever. He might be exaggerating in the description, but unless he says so, I'm going to assume he isn't.

But yeah, it really does look like it.
So I guess this is a My First Sarcasm moment for you

me irl
[close]

JDMEK5

Yep. (*second sarcastic moment*) :P

My Arrangements