News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Kingdom Hearts: 3D [Dream Drop Distance] (No spoilers... yet!)

Started by Purple1222119, July 30, 2012, 12:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Stopped by the gamestop today, the azn girl behind the counter started talking to me about it. She got it last night and she said it's really fantastic but you pretty much need the circle pad pro, otherwise it's ridiculously annoying.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Zunawe

I do wish the circle pad was a little cheaper. Right now I have only one-and-a-half games (MGS and maybe this) that I would use it for, and I don't feel like paying $60 for one 3DS game. If a bunch more games support it or basically require it I'll probably get it, but for now I don't really want to invest that much money in it.

I've never actually played a KH game. The demo was pretty fun. The only things I didn't like were nitpicky and things that I just wasn't used to. For example it almost annoyed me that enemies didn't react when they were hit. That's just a feel thing though. I'd rather enemies flinch a little when hit. I like strategy in blocking and interrupting attacks.

I found it really fun in the demo to just run around holding B or doing flowmotion stuff (I think that's what it was called). I might get it if I have a chance to pick up a game really easily.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Shadoninja

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 01, 2012, 01:35:40 PMStopped by the gamestop today, the azn girl behind the counter started talking to me about it. She got it last night and she said it's really fantastic but you pretty much need the circle pad pro, otherwise it's ridiculously annoying.
yeah. It also doesn't help that my 3DS' R button stopped functioning. Either way, I don't like the idea of the L and R buttons controlling the camera.

Quote from: Zunawe on August 01, 2012, 06:30:45 PMI do wish the circle pad was a little cheaper. Right now I have only one-and-a-half games (MGS and maybe this) that I would use it for, and I don't feel like paying $60 for one 3DS game. If a bunch more games support it or basically require it I'll probably get it, but for now I don't really want to invest that much money in it.

They should figure a way to make it cheaper and when there are more games that use it, bundle it with the 3DS. That or just put another damn circle pad on the 3DS.

Quote from: Zunawe on August 01, 2012, 06:30:45 PMI found it really fun in the demo to just run around holding B or doing flowmotion stuff (I think that's what it was called). I might get it if I have a chance to pick up a game really easily.
I got a bit of a headache using flowmotion since I had no idea where the hell I was going half of the time.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Zunawe

Flowmotion does feel a bit like button mashing when you use it during battle, and I feel like moving through areas is overly difficult, but it could be fun if you learn to control it.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

Kingdom Hearts is definitely not the best game ever. Not even really by a long shot.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Zunawe

Quote from: spitllama on August 01, 2012, 08:00:36 PMAll this negative KH talk is blasphemy.

Shuuuuuun
What about negative KH talk? I was just saying what I felt I wasn't ecstatic about for the game.

I program things

Purple1222119

So I beat the game, and wow was it amazing! It answered so many questions from past games, and there were so many plot twists in the last world. I feel like this is the best game in the Kingdom Hearts series, storywise. The music was amazing, gameplay was fun, etc, etc. I would give it a 9.6/10!
My Youtube! Featuring Orchestrations of Nintendo music and more!
Latest Tracks: Super Mario RPG & Superstar Saga HD ReMIX

DonValentino

Quote from: Purple1222119 on August 02, 2012, 02:19:13 AMSo I beat the game, and wow was it amazing!

Already?!  :o
I'm still at the Grid. :P

EDIT: Prankster's Paradise now with both Sora and Riku.

Roz~

Oh right, I pre-ordered the game, I need to go get it. =P
I need to find time to play it too...
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Wrydryn

How did I not see this topic sooner?

As for the Mark of Mastery Edition, it's really cool, I can get some pictures of it for you guys if you want. The cover for the 3DS that came with it is pretty cool except it doesn't look all that stunning on the black one.

I picked up the circle pad pro for it yesterday and playing with it on doesn't add much. If you've played all the other handheld KH games, you're probably used to the type of camera controls there are. As I've just finished KH Re:Coded for the secret ending a few days before the game arrived to my house, all the controls feel different, including combat and camera.
The circle pad pro when used with it does make it nice to be able to control the camera freely, but the Z buttons do absolutely nothing. It would be much better if it was like KH II in a sense where you were able to have shortcuts, even if it were to be used for linking with spirits as I've done on many occasions while adjusting the view.

Roz~

Omg I hate you I wanted the limited edition but it was sold out everywhere Q_Q
Well I only wanted the cover but it would've been cool to get the other stuff as well. Don't feel like spending 100$ for it though...
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Wrydryn

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 01, 2012, 08:19:54 PMKingdom Hearts is definitely not the best game ever. Not even really by a long shot.

Shame D:<

There is a whole legion of KH fans on the internet waiting to get to your throat.

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Purple1222119

Quote from: WarioMan98 on August 04, 2012, 06:40:03 AMAlready?!  :o
I'm still at the Grid. :P

EDIT: Prankster's Paradise now with both Sora and Riku.

Yeah I played it 14 hours straight (pretty much) two days in a row. So yeah, I beat it pretty quickly. I think all the secrets in this game are way easier to get than in past games. By Day 3 I beat the secret boss and got the secret ending, and by Day 4 I got both the best keyblades and all the treasures. I was never able to do that in any past game (but I didn't really try that hard, so maybe it's just that?) Anyway, when more people start beating this game, I'll remove the non-spoiler thing because I really want to discuss the last world haha. Also, Wry, you're so lucky to get the MoM Edition! By the time I found out how awesome it was, they were already sold out everywhere! :(
And I never played it without the circle pad pro (save for the demo,) so I don't really know how the game is without it, but from the demo it seemed like it would be respectable.
My Youtube! Featuring Orchestrations of Nintendo music and more!
Latest Tracks: Super Mario RPG & Superstar Saga HD ReMIX