Kingdom Hearts: 3D [Dream Drop Distance] (No spoilers... yet!)

Started by Purple1222119, July 30, 2012, 12:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple1222119

This game is coming out tomorrow, and I am super excited for it. Anybody else? I know some of you may already have it, well in that case you are way too lucky and NO SPOILERS PLEASE.

Honestly this looks like such an awesome game, and it has AMAZING music, KH3D's music is over the top! I'm most excited for the The World Ends With You characters, we finally get to hear them say more than a word at a time!!! This is going to be one of the top Kingdom Hearts games for sure.
My Youtube! Featuring Orchestrations of Nintendo music and more!
Latest Tracks: Super Mario RPG & Superstar Saga HD ReMIX

Roz~

I'm definitely buying it tomorrow or Wednesday. I want the limited edition of the game, but it's sold out pretty much everywhere here... I managed to pre-order it somewhere but he probably won't have any for me... Oh well. I can just buy the regular edition regardless, the game is gonna be amazing.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

spitllama

I suppose a Google search could answer this question, but is it only coming out for 3DS?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

DonValentino

Quote from: spitllama on July 30, 2012, 07:33:34 AMI suppose a Google search could answer this question, but is it only coming out for 3DS?

Yep. 3DS exclusive. I bet it looks awesome on the 3ds xl!

SlowPokemon

I'll pass on this for now, I downloaded the demo and looked up some information and I'd rather wait a couple weeks for NSMB2. The Dearly Beloved remix is gorgeous as well (though my favorite version is still 358/2 Days, which is also my favorite of the games).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Purple1222119

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 30, 2012, 03:05:43 AMThe soundtrack is just...
Whoa, I've been listening to pretty much all the soundtrack, how did I miss this? This one is awesome! Is this one a remix of another song, I could swear I heard the melody before.

As for the Dearly Beloved remix, I think I really just love this one the most, because of the waltz style middle section. (Notice how lots of pieces in the soundtrack, especially remixes of old tracks, are in 3/4 or some style of 3 beat? It's because of the 3D in the title.)

But yeah, I cannot wait for this game to come out already!

SlowPokemon

Wow, I haven't heard the rest of the soundtrack yet, but that seems pretty cool. Kind of like in Super Mario Bros. 3, where 3s made out of coins were everywhere, or Super Mario 3D Land, where they did the same thing with 3Ds made out of coins XD

I love Ms. Shimomura's work. To be honest, I like her work on the Mario & Luigi RPG series even better than that of Kingdom Hearts! I love how she always makes music that just fits perfectly in either game.

Purple1222119

Yes, her work on the Mario and Luigi games is awesome too! I was listening to the Final Boss music of Bowser's Inside Story and I thought it sounded oddly like something from Kingdom Hearts. And then what do you know, same composer!  ;D

SlowPokemon

I had the same experience! XD That theme, the final battle from Partners in Time, and even the giant bowser battle theme from BIS is Kingdom Hearts reminiscent.

Oh, and is it just me, or does the Bowser's Inside Story Boss Battle sound a LOT like "To Our Surprise?"

Purple1222119

Yeah that's what I was thinking! They do sound really similar haha.

Oh oh oh, and the Fantasia stages are gonna be awesome too! Apparently, you have classical music playing throughout (no battle music) and the keyblade makes instrument sounds! I can't wait to see how that works out.

Shadoninja

Based on the demo, this seems like a game that requires the circle pad pro else the controls would feel clunky. Other than that the game was good.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Purple1222119

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 30, 2012, 03:05:43 AMThe soundtrack is just...
I finally figured out what this is! It's a remix of a combination of Xemnas and Ansem's theme I think.

Quote from: Shadoninja on July 30, 2012, 01:23:45 PMBased on the demo, this seems like a game that requires the circle pad pro else the controls would feel clunky. Other than that the game was good.
I actually thought the controls were pretty good for this game (also based on the demo), but I got the circle pad pro just in case haha.

Music44

Well Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep only had one circle pad and it felt just right,
though I wouldn't mind trying the circle pad pro with this. (I been waiting for a reason to get a circle pad pro.)

Yeah I can't wait to get this game.  ;D

DonValentino

Quote from: Shadoninja on July 30, 2012, 01:23:45 PMBased on the demo, this seems like a game that requires the circle pad pro else the controls would feel clunky. Other than that the game was good.

No. The controls are just fine!  :)
The only thing that bothers me is when you want to change a command, and you have to press up/down in the d-pad while dodging attacks. It's difficult.  :-\

Quote from: Purple1222119 on July 30, 2012, 07:27:14 PMI finally figured out what this is! It's a remix of a combination of Xemnas and Ansem's theme I think.
I actually thought the controls were pretty good for this game (also based on the demo), but I got the circle pad pro just in case haha.

I don't know. I haven't played any Kingdom Hearts games besides this one, but could be.  :P