What TV show did you last watch?

Started by Spyro, July 29, 2012, 04:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

^Meh, it's okay. I think I'm too distracted by how much I hate the art style to appreciate anything else the show might have to offer, unfortunately.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Ah, personally I think the art style is part of what gives it charm, how it doesn't provide much detail and the characters are drawn with strange angles.

Kind of like how I loved the minimalistic Ghibli film "My Neighbors the Yamadas" which is animated like a comic strip--here's a trailer if you're interested in seeing the animation style

Spyro

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 26, 2012, 09:23:07 AMI love this guy now
The show is awesome. Enough said. Too many people hate it because they don't even know what it's about.

Finale is on tomorrow, at least in the United States.

B was probably my favorite character of the season, or maybe Mike, Cameron, Dawn, or Sam.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 26, 2012, 11:24:10 AMAh, personally I think the art style is part of what gives it charm, how it doesn't provide much detail and the characters are drawn with strange angles.
There's another show that would also fit this description, Samurai Jack. Yet I absolutely love Samurai Jack. Probably my favorite show after Avatar and Doctor Who.

Maybe I just don't like Total Drama: (Fill in blank) in general.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Spyro on August 26, 2012, 11:32:07 AMThe show is awesome. Enough said. Too many people hate it because they don't even know what it's about.

Finale is on tomorrow, at least in the United States.

B was probably my favorite character of the season, or maybe Mike, Cameron, Dawn, or Sam.

I miss Harold XD but I liked Cameron and Mike. And I think Lightning is hilarious even though I found him annoying as fuck towards the beginning of the show. I like how it's satire of both reality TV and people we all know... XD

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 26, 2012, 11:36:09 AMThere's another show that would also fit this description, Samurai Jack. Yet I absolutely love Samurai Jack. Probably my favorite show after Avatar and Doctor Who.

Maybe I just don't like Total Drama: (Fill in blank) in general.

Ah, yeah! I remember that show. Avatar is beautiful because of the obvious care that went into it, this one is fitting because of the opposite reason. lol.

Spyro

^ Yeah, I never got to see Action or World Tour, but I might sometime.

Anyway, Victorious.

Zunawe

AFV (The main American funny-home-videos show)
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Spyro

Jompa

I'm currently watching Monster - and it's pretty damn good
Birdo for Smash

SuperFireKirby

Anyone watch Top Gear? The British one, obviously(the American version is garbage).

These guys manage to do something I thought was impossible. They make me CARE about cars! The show is absolutely brilliant and is downright hilarious.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 28, 2012, 07:25:03 AMAnyone watch Top Gear? The British one, obviously(the American version is garbage).

These guys manage to do something I thought was impossible. They make me CARE about cars! The show is absolutely brilliant and is downright hilarious.

MY NEW BEST FRIEND!!! I even bought the TV-channels they show it on!

Zunawe

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 28, 2012, 07:25:03 AMAnyone watch Top Gear? The British one, obviously(the American version is garbage).

I don't really care much about the specs of the cars they give. It's the stupidly hilarious and pointless challenges they're given. I especially liked the one where they went to Vietnam.

A million [Vietnamese currency]?!?!?!?! Finally! Some love from the producers. *walks into fancy car store* What can I get with this? How much is it worth?

Umm, about 500 pounds. . .

*awkward silence*
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

Or when they strapped 7 pounds of c4 to the bottom of a Marauder. It got a flat tire.

But the best challenge was when they were driving through the Bible Belt in junk cars that had things like "Man Love Is Awesome" and "Country and western is rubbish" painted on the sides of their cars with hot pink paint.

Cobraroll

Nah, the episode where they go to Lillehammer to redo the Olympic Winter games with cars... totally epic. Rally driver vs. Norwegian 4-man bobsleigh team going down the perfectly symmetric track/road in the hillside...

Also, the ski jump: "We know that the engine of a Morris isn't all that good for ski jumping, so we attached some rockets to it. Now it should have twice as much forward thrust per weight unit - as an F-15 fighter".

Didn't really fly that far, though.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.