News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

What's Your Least Favorite Game?

Started by SlowPokemon, July 25, 2012, 08:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Here's an interesting topic, what's your least favorite game?

I'd say any generic FPS, and also Skyrim. I loathe that game.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

I got skyrim, because everyone was like, "Omg d00d get skyrim it's awsm."

I stopped playing after...an hour?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

I like Skyrim. It's not the "best game ever", but there's a bunch to do and its fun to go around and clear dungeons. Everybody has different tastes though.

Least favorite game(s). . . Console MMOFPSs I think. The controls can be clunky and the only good part is online, but people take online way too seriously. I have one PC MMOFPS with no mic that I play occasionally, but I suspect it's more because I enjoy precision and reaction games than "Shoot everybody and rage when I die once!!!!". (I like snipers)
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

Call of Duty: INSERT ANY TITLE HERE BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME FUCKING GAME

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Spyro

I was never a fan of Epic Mickey. It was pretty awful. Shooters don't usually appeal to me, I just don't see the fun and the challenge in them. Some are good though.

Dude

And by Shooters, you mean FPSs, right?

Because Shmups are amazing.

wariopiano

probably the NASCAR game for n64.
it makes me so angry!

Spyro

Quote from: Dude on July 26, 2012, 06:31:27 AMAnd by Shooters, you mean FPSs, right?

Because Shmups are amazing.
Yeah FPS.

zezhyrule

lol these responses. What did I expect, this is a nintendo forum  ::)

It really depends on how you define "least-favorite video game", because there's lots of shovelware that's just plain crap  (but would be a cop out to mention), and then there's games like Banjo-Kazooie which (while hyped by pretty much everybody) turned out to be a lame generic 3D platformer in my eyes, and no where near the awesomeness of SM64. But while it disappointed me in every way, I think that has more to do with the fanbase surrounding it, which means it would be more suited on an overrated game list.

Of course I could also just mention an entire series/genre that I really don't have all that much experience with, but oh man it's so fun to hate on those games!

speaking of which I really hated SPM but anyway

As for games that I've put a lot of time into and still hated... It's still a really hard question, I tend to not buy games unless I know I'll love them. I'll just go with... LittleBigPlanet 2, and Resident Evil 4. Oh and Final Fantasy XII. Eff that game.

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 25, 2012, 08:31:47 PMI stopped playing after...an hour?

Well there's your problem then.
"Music is the space between the notes" – Claude Debussy

blueflower999

Rant time!
Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 25, 2012, 09:34:00 PMCall of Duty: INSERT ANY TITLE HERE BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME FUCKING GAME
YES. I hate all the kids in my school who think that Nintendo is the game company for kids. Have they ever played an NES game? If you want a "hard-core" game, it's one of those on the NES that takes months of practice to beat. Not a shooter game that got old after the 12th sequel from a company that can't come up with any original games.

I also tend to hate games that are over-hyped. If a game is hyped a lot and is an amazing game, i.e., Super Smash Bros Brawl and Skyward Sword, then I'm cool with that. It's when a game gets obsessively hyped up and the actual game is meh. Many iPod touch games are like this. I hate it when girls get an iPod, get all these free apps that took maybe a month to make, and call them the best games ever. Some are addicting, sure, but REAL GOOD games that people remember 30 years later are the ones that take months, years, to make and cost a little money. Angry Birds is the biggest culprit of this, I feel. [/rant]
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Spyro

I totally agree blueflower.

Also, I liked Super Paper Mario. It get's to much hate. I mean, the other two were better but still.

Cobraroll

Any games made to be released alongside a movie need to be banned. NOW.

Seriously, that last Harry Potter game...

Also, I helped my little brother clear a rather awful Winnie the Pooh game once. The entire point of the game was finding honey pots lying around in the forest, which consisted of tens of small areas about the size of tennis fields. You had to walk between areas a lot, and there was a 20 second loading time between each of them.

Add to that the sequences of "press these buttons in the right order before the time limit", which were way too hard for the game's intended audience.

Other than that... well, not sure really. The CoD games sure are a massive pain in the arse to anybody who don't play them, but they're good fun every once in a while, if you play splitscreen with your friends. Though I'm no fan of close-quarters combat, I can't honestly say the games are bad. If one single feature was implemented, it would be the most awesome game ever: a feature that, when certain cusswords are spoken into the microphones of online players, slows down movement/rate of fire/accuracy/firepower of the offender. The more cries of "noob!", the more useless the character would be.

The new SimCity reboot also deserves a mention. Forced Origin always-online connection = no buy.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

blueflower999

I wouldn't say that CoD is BAD. Just over-hyped, over-rated, and definitely so repetitive from one game to the next that it doesn't deserve to be so over-hyped and over-rated.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

^I agree

Also no, Skyrim does not get any different after the first hour. It's like a Pokemon game, if you hate the first hour, you'll probably hate the rest of the game.

Also, Cobraroll, it's only the recent movie games which suck. The early harry potter games were excellent before they became FPS's. And there are other movie games which are good.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!