TWG XXXVI SOS Brigade Member Sign Ups: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Started by Jub3r7, July 25, 2012, 08:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardflip? (Roles are revealed upon death.)

YES PLEASE.
6 (42.9%)
ew cardflip why
4 (28.6%)
Either way is fine.
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

SlowPokemon

I think 3:9 works well, and with cardflip it'd be more helpful, and without cardflip it would be more of a challenge!

We've done a manhunt exactly as the game is currently, with no cardflip, and as wolves we had to work fairly hard to win if I remember correctly. Or maybe I just felt like I worked hard, idk.

I think the current standings are fair, with or without cardflip, and that 2:10 would only make it too difficult for the wolves. :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Kman96

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 31, 2012, 11:22:37 AMWe've done a manhunt exactly as the game is currently, with no cardflip, and as wolves we had to work fairly hard to win if I remember correctly. Or maybe I just felt like I worked hard, idk.

Slow, it was super easy that game because over half the human team was inactive. So we just wolfed and insta'd and nobody could do anything about it.

Activity makes all the difference. It doesn't matter how many of what characters there are, as long as everyone is active who should be active.
Party Hard!
[close]

master_gamer38

Quote from: Spyro on July 31, 2012, 05:55:50 AMThe mafia to innocents ratio should always be around 1/4 mafia and 3/4 innocent.

For smallerish games that could work. But I'm gonna refer back to the formula. Let's be absurd. We wanna play a game that has 50 wolves. How many humans to make random lynching 50% win either way? 10,000. Last I checked 50/10000 isn't 1/4th.

Quote from: Mashi on July 31, 2012, 09:53:18 AMI was thinking that the cardflip would balance out the lack of Specials for the Human, but master_gamer38 and vermilionvermin (who are both technically TWC despite being inactive!!!) bring up good points.  Jub3r7, I'll let you decide whether to eliminate a Wolf and/or keep the cardflip (I think that the former is the best option.  Including the latter may make things a bit Human-sided, though, I'm not entirely sure).  Even if the game ends up being a bit unbalanced, it should hopefully be a fun one nevertheless.

I think it'd be pretty close to fair if the game stayed the same but had card flipping. If it doesn't have it, mathematically it needs to change because it's very wolf-sided. Honestly, I don't really like card-flipping. But it would be a pretty good way to balance this game and make it tougher for the wolves, which in a man-hunt, is usually pretty easy compared to the humans.

I'm sorry that I'm busy! D: Work and Sound of Music Pit Orchestra!

Quote from: Mashi on July 31, 2012, 09:53:18 AMAlso, master_gamer38, I'm curious to know how you found or derived that formula.  It's quite an interesting one, to say the least.

I was working on making an game generator. And I needed to know if the game generated would be fair or not. So with everything being random, I would test. I did the average of like 10,000 games or something like that. And I would do it with man-hunts. I found 2:8 was really close. I later found out that wikipedia has an article. It can be viewed here. Other people have done and proven the math.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Jub3r7

Alright, it's official, the game is a cardflip.
And FSM has inspired me to make some special roles!!!!!

Master Wolf
Master Wolf
Master Wolf

Green Seer x 9
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Dude

Quote from: Jub3r7 on July 31, 2012, 04:20:46 PMAlright, it's official, the game is a cardflip.
And FSM has inspired me to make some special roles!!!!!

Master Wolf
Master Wolf
Master Wolf

Green Seer x 9
BEST IDEA EVER.

SlowPokemon

Mashi

the_last_sheikah

You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

MaestroUGC

Any chance we can get this started before the end of summer break?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

blueflower999

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on July 27, 2012, 02:26:24 PMI'll join if the game is just short of a full roster, or in the event someone has to leave mid-game.
That would be now.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Mashi

i will give away cookies that may or may not exist to everyone in the game as incentive for two more people to join

blueflower999

Quote from: Mashi on August 01, 2012, 07:39:12 PMi will give away cookies that may or may not exist to everyone in the game as incentive for two more people to join
Chocolate Chip?!  :o
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Mashi

SlowPokemon

universe-X