News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

What do u think the best Mario game is?

Started by wariopiano, July 24, 2012, 01:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wariopiano

So what do u guys think the best mario game is ever?

TheZeldaPianist275

There are so many Mario games out there, so it would be way too presuming to elect one out of them as best... but Super Mario 64 was groundbreaking and absolutely amazing.  I wouldn't say it's the best, but it's up there.

Zunawe

There are a lot of very good Mario games. For example, 3D Land was a very good Mario game. However, the most memorable ones are probably what I would call the "best". From what I've played, Super Mario Galaxy/Super Mario Galaxy 2 are the best, mostly because they're dissimilar enough from the base mechanics to be an original game, but similar enough to be considered a classic Mario game.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

Sidescrolling - New Super Mario Bros.
3D Mario - either Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Galaxy 2
RPG - Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
Puzzle - Mario vs Donkey Kong March of the Minis (or whatever the DSiWare game is called)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Spyro

Super Mario Galaxy is overrated IMO. I personally like New Super Mario Bros Wii., Bowser's Inside Story, PM:TTYD, and Super Mario RPG.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 25, 2012, 09:30:35 AMSuper Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Never played it but it has the best athletic theme
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

zezhyrule

Super Mario World.

As for RPGs, M&L: SS and PM: TTYD.
"Music is the space between the notes" – Claude Debussy

fabbemannen

Sidescrolling - Mari0 Portal New Super Mario Bros. Wii, 'cause it had some epic multiplayer
3D Mario - Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2, it took me awhile to enjoy SMG2 more
RPG - Paper Mario 64
Spinoff - Mario Tennis GB, tight controls and it actually got a really nice story where you didn't play as Mario ;D

Pit0010

that's tough. lol

If SSBB was just a mario game...i would think that is the best mario game.

But in terms of story mode, gameplay, controls (basically...overall) super mario galaxy 1 or 2 and maybe super mario 64
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Nebbles

I really enjoy the Galaxy games more than any of them - mostly because they're the first Mario games I completed 100 percent. XD But they don't give me the same agony 64 did, god damn 100 coins...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Zunawe

I think I still have to get the 100 coins in the lava level in the basement. So annoying.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Nebbles

Oh GOD, that level took me ages. I once went into the volcano too early and ended up with 95 coins. Tears were nearly shed.

If you want pain - Shifting Sand Land, Rainbow Ride, Tick Tock Clock, Dire Dire Docks... 100 coins in them all are horrid.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Zunawe

I think I have 3 stars left to get. I know one of them is the volcano 100 coins, but I can't remember the other two. All of those you mentioned except fore Dire Dire Docks were freaking impossible.

I might check my stars.

EDIT: Okay, yeah. It's been a while. I have 5 stars left.
Lethal Lava Land: 23 coins
Shifting Sand Land: 66 coins
Tiny-Huge Island: 38 coins
Tick Tock Clock: 23 coins
Rainbow Ride: 35 coins

I program things