News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

TWG XXXV: Professor Layton Post Game

Started by Kman96, July 23, 2012, 08:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

But it kept the humans from lynching an extra person whose role they weren't even sure of.

At the end of the phase it's 1 lynching + 1 wolfing. If humans aren't sure about the lynching though, then it makes sense to just have the 1 wolfing and avoid killing an extra human... plus you get the seerings.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Mashi

The Wolves didn't have an extra kill.  Compared to Day X of not lynching the revived Players to Day X+1 of lynching them, there would be the same number of Players remaining plus 2 extra seerings.  No one rebuked my argument.  Saying "I think it's a bad plan" without reasonable explanation won't cut it.  The 'extra kill' by the Wolves is hardly a negative if the conclusion of the game is the same.

the_last_sheikah

Unless the wolves killed someone of importance.

Lets say they kill who we seer, by sheer luck.  We lose a seering and a human.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

MaestroUGC

But if they kill the seer, then we wouldn't have any seerings anyway.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

the_last_sheikah

No, who we seer, not the seer.  But that works too.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Mashi

the_last_sheikah, that scenario us meaningless since it could happen whether we lynched the revived Players or not.  Not to mention that the chances of the seering the Player that's wolfed is quite small.  Night 1 of this game was the first time it occurred in a long while.

the_last_sheikah

Your just jelly because my gut instinct was right.  ;)

Mashi

I'm not sure if I'm capable of being jealous if I have no clue what I'm coveting over, but okay.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Mashi on July 23, 2012, 09:10:00 PMThe Wolves didn't have an extra kill.  Compared to Day X of not lynching the revived Players to Day X+1 of lynching them, there would be the same number of Players remaining plus 2 extra seerings.  No one rebuked my argument.  Saying "I think it's a bad plan" without reasonable explanation won't cut it.  The 'extra kill' by the Wolves is hardly a negative if the conclusion of the game is the same.

To appease you and end the argument, I will now make the following statement:

I apologize for my behavior this past game. I admit, it was foolish, poorly thought-out, and illogical, and I should have taken time to come up with adequate reasons for my actions. You are correct, I had no right to simply voice my opinion on the plan without giving sufficient evidence. I hope your opinion of me is not too diminished for this heinous error; your line of thinking was correct.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

blueflower999

Wrydryn never guarded a single person the entire game.  ???
Bulbear! Blueflower999

spitllama

Oh I meant to say thank you Kman and blueflower for hosting
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MaestroUGC

So, when will we get those analyses?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Kman96

Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 24, 2012, 08:16:41 PMSo, when will we get those analyses?

They will be a while. I'm currently writing a portion of k-night's story, and then other misc. Schoolwork, etc for me to do. I'm trying to clear my plate first, sorry.
Party Hard!
[close]