News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

NSM RPG Item Ideas

Started by Zunawe, July 23, 2012, 07:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

^I jst looked up screenshots for the game. Top-down, quite pixely. Not sure how the combat works though.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FSM-Reapr

Can you share the screenshots?

fabbemannen

Quote from: Zunawe on July 24, 2012, 05:07:59 PMHmm. . . Somehow this looks like it was inspired by the Twilight Princess glitch/really odd easter egg in the final battle. :))
*no comment*
I just give ideas on how items could be used, like both in battle and for extra uses

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Zunawe

As I said, better graphics; similar mechanics.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Cobraroll

More ideas! Sorry if I overflow the topic with weapons.

Type: Ammo
Name: The "N"SM RPG
Description: This artifact from long ago uses lost and extremely powerful technology. Originallly nicknamed "Nutcracker", this Shoulder-Mounted Rocket-Propelled Grenade ("N"SM RPG) once represented the pinnacle of anti-tank weapons. Nowadays, these are rarer than chicken's teeth. Use it against extremely powerful enemies. You only get one shot, ever, but that probably doesn't matter. Whatever you hit will be turned to salsa by the grenade. Just remember, don't fire this with your back against a wall.
In-game description: A piece of ancient technology. It's apparently a very powerful weapon. You need a launcher to use it.
Visuals: A blue and white rocket with a large warhead with the letters "N"SM on it. Leaves a trail of white smoke when fired.

Type: Weapon
Name: The "N"SM RPG launcher
Description: A launcher for the "N"SM RPG. Combine the two to create a devastatingly powerful weapon (The Armed "N"SM RPG). Without the "N"SM RPG, it has no purpose. Whack your enemies with it, or use the scope to find targets. The launcher doesn't excel in either task, but it's the best it can do.
In-game description: Useless without a grenade. Perhaps it will make for a nice umbrella stand?
Visuals: A long, slender RPG launcher labelled "N"SM. It has a scope/rangefinder mounted on top.

Name: The Armed "N"SM RPG
Description: The "N"SM RPG with its launcher. The two items must be combined in order for the weapon to work. Fires a single, extremely powerful shot. Also damages anything directly behind it upon launch, including the wielder if he happens to have his back against a wall.
In-game description: The "N"SM RPG is inserted in its launcher and ready to fire. Choose your target wisely, because you only get this one shot. Will inflict massive damage to any opponent.
Visuals: The "N"SM RPG launcher with the tip of the "N"SM RPG sticking out of the business end.

Back to more era-appropriate stuff:

Name: Blowgun
Description: A blowgun firing darts. A very basic weapon, extremely lightweight. It has a rather limited range and firepower, but its darts can be dipped in various potions and venoms, making the blowgun an effective means to inflict all sorts of damage to your opponents.
In-game description: Take a deep breath, put dart in pipe, and blow. If done correctly, your opponent will be stung by the flying dart. If else, you've probably stung yourself.
Visuals: A long pipe of hollowed wood.

Type: Ammo
Name: Darts
Description: Darts for the blowgun. Useless against armoured foes, but effective against anything with a soft spot. Can be dipped in potions and poisons for inducing exciting effects (paralysis/sleep, poison, various magic [ideas?]).
In-game description: Darts. Make sure to insert them correctly into the blowgun.
Visuals: Small darts with a feather. The colour of the feather signals the effect of the dart (white for normal, black for curses, green for venom, etc).

Name: Sub-machine blowgun
Description: A blowgun with a mouthpiece allowing for the loading of several darts at once. It can fire three darts in rapid succession. However, it isn't very powerful, because you have to save your breath to fire three rounds. It also burns through your supply of darts at thrice the rate of a normal blowgun.
In-game description: Somebody found a way to improve the basic blowgun. Fancier, but less powerful than the blowgun.
Visuals: A long pipe of hollowed wood, with a fancy mouthpiece.

Name: Sledgehammer
Description: A mighty sledgehammer. Crippling against armoured foes. It is a slow, heavy weapon, but is devastating once swung. Does less damage to soft targets than an ordinary sword.
In-game description: This heavy hammer will make dents in any armour.
Visuals: A big sledgehammer.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Zunawe

^Wow. Okay, the RPGs may be omitted, but I'm still not completely sure on what we're having for weapons. Also, I'm going to add the sub-machine blowgun as part of the blowgun series. Same goes for the RPG. Also, for clarity, should the darts deal actual damage, or just have a high chance of giving certain enemies status effects? Finally, if you have a projectile weapon, add any ammo as type "Ammo" and give individual suggestions of what you would like. I'm thinking that darts would be better as many different kinds that can be found than a standard that must be modified, or maybe both.

Also, this will probably be if-you-touch-an-enemy-in-the-overworld-go-to-new-place-for-battle and turn-based combat, so I don't think the damage behind the RPG will be. . . relevant?
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Cobraroll

The way I see it, you have darts (bog-standard darts, nothing fancy) as a basic weapon. Those could be combined with potions/poisons, merging two items, to create special darts which cause status effects. Without any poison-tipping, the darts only deal damage.

With poison around, you would generally be more careful with inhaling deeply, so you can't fire them as powerfully. The poisoned darts would therefore deal less initial damage than the standard darts, but the effect of the potion/poison will outweigh it in the long run.

As for the RPG, just make an explosion-like blast behind it when fired.

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Zunawe

^Okay, so then we introduce dart poisons with different effects? Hmm. If this gets accepted at the end then I guess we can make that a new section, but I would rather have poisons only work with the blowgun. Also, I don't want to create a section reliant on an item we don't know will be in there. We could say that bows can use poisons, but have a penalty such as fewer uses, or a weakened version of the poisons. We should wait for now.

I program things

Fleetstar The Flygon

Name: Water Gun
Description: A very weak weapon that has a chance of stunning the enemy.
In-Game Description (Optional): A toy gun that ejects a strong spray of water, needs to be filled with water every 10 uses.
Visuals (Optional): A green plastic gun with a blue trigger, and a clear capsule on top that portrays the amount of water that is left inside.

Zunawe

I'mma go kill some baddies! *pshhhhhhhhhh* It's not working!! *pshhhhhhh* :)

Starter weapon, I would assume. I could see it becoming a really funny, but powerful, fire-type-monster killer after upgrades.

I program things

Fleetstar The Flygon

That's what I was thinking, too. XD

Zunawe

Question for Cobraroll. As I'm putting your RPG into the list, I'm curious about something. Are you saying that once you combine them and shoot something you lose the ability to use it, orrrrr. . ? I guess it's possible that you are trying to make it so that you have to load it before battle, and can't reload it during battle to use it again no matter how many grenades you have. I don't know, I'd just like to know your intent in creating two separate suggestions for loaded and unloaded.

I program things

Cobraroll

The idea is that the "N"SM RPG is a very rare weapon, as it relies on ancient technology. It's also powerful enough to bring down most monsters, regardless of their level of armour. Thus, it would be like the Master Ball of the Pokémon games: rare to the point that you don't want to use it, in fear of wasting it. It's simply Too Awesome To Use (warning: TVTropes link).

However, the launcher itself only provides a small ignition at the click of the trigger, which isn't exactly high-tech. The launcher isn't very valuable, nor very helpful, without the grenade. Before you find the grenade, or after you've fired it, you might as well use the launcher as a drainage pipe.

You pick up the "N"SM RPG and the launcher separately. For all I know, there could be an item shop somewhere which has the launcher for sale at the bottom of the bargain bin. Its use isn't apparent before you acquire the grenade, which would be far harder to find. Then you'd have to combine them to get a useable weapon.

For reference, a real SM RPG: The Swedish 84 mm Carl Gustav Recoilless Rifle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOrZqZa14P8

Zunawe

Okay, so you find two parts that exist only once each in the world and once you have both you have the ability to do maximum damage a single time, and then the launcher is useless for the rest of the game. If that's not correct, tell me.

I program things