News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Hi, would someone help me? :)

Started by Jompa, July 23, 2012, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jompa on July 25, 2012, 01:00:41 PMI understand, but it was my understanding that Prof Layton, weren't interactive at all (?). Was I very very wrong or am I somewhat right? Never played it, so I can't tell.That doesn't mean they aren't games - the guy who introduced me to visual novels is considering them as full-worthy games, and I know there are a lot of people who agree.

It's something like a visual novel, in that the story is basically solved for you as you progress, but the gameplay is entirely solving interactive puzzles.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 25, 2012, 01:35:20 PMIt's something like a visual novel, in that the story is basically solved for you as you progress, but the gameplay is entirely solving interactive puzzles.
Well I think it should depend on the degree of interactive-ity (sucky english). But if Prof Layton counts as a video game (I really think it should), would for example Clannad -  a visual novel where your interactive gameplay decides which girl you end up with at the end - count as a video game too - and if not, where do we draw the line?
Birdo for Smash