TWG XXXV: Professor Layton

Started by Kman96, July 14, 2012, 01:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM-Reapr

How could I've known? Creepy...  :o

Mashi

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 20, 2012, 08:47:15 AMBecause of recent events, I think it's totally possible that FSM and Mashi are wolves, why would they suggest wasting a day phase bby lynching me when I die anyway?
Because that would be the entire point of lynching you???

[2:26:05 PM] Daniel: SlowPokemon, are you there???
[2:26:20 PM] Daniel: "Because of recent events, I think it's totally possible that FSM and Mashi are wolves, why would they suggest wasting a day phase bby lynching me when I die anyway?" ~ SlowPokemon
[2:26:29 PM] Jordan Knapp: Yah
[2:26:32 PM] Jordan Knapp: I'm here
[2:26:38 PM] Daniel: "Because that would be the entire point of lynching you???" ~ About to be my response
[2:27:04 PM] Daniel: The statement "wasting a day phase by lynching me" is a straw man's argument.
[2:27:16 PM] Daniel: Because it potentially gives us an extra Phase for seerings.
[2:27:25 PM] Jordan Knapp: Whatever
[2:27:46 PM] Daniel: And if we did another lynch on a revived person, it would give us an extra Day Phase to lynch a Wolf.
[2:27:51 PM] Daniel: "Whatever" won't cut it.
[2:28:13 PM] Jordan Knapp: it will for me
[2:28:18 PM] Daniel: Saying "YOU'RE GOOD, SO I'M KEEPING MY VOTE ON YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE SNEAKY" isn't going to be a reasonable counterargument.
[2:28:33 PM] Daniel: It's not about whether it suits your view of the game.
[2:28:34 PM] Jordan Knapp: I'm gonna pretend to be offline so I don't have to deal with you right now ;)

someone moved to low tier
I'm not going to accept "Mashi, you're a good Player and can make good defences, so I'm going to keep my vote on you due to paranoia." as an argument.  That's not how TWG works.

the_last_sheikah

Honestly, this "lynch the dead man plan" seems too frivolous.  If anything, it seems to help the wolves more than the humans.  I'm voting for shadowkirby because of what was previously discussed.

I'm not going to be back until after the phase ends because of work, unless it gets rained out again.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

K-NiGhT

I agree with sheikah. Let's go with shadowkirby for today. I'm still wary of Mashi, however.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Mashi

Are any of you even listening?  Lynching the revived Player gives us more time to think, an extra seering, and potentially an extra Day Phase to find the Wolves.

the_last_sheikah, please tell me how this would benefit the Wolves.  Does it permit the Wolves to live longer?  In a sense, yes.  But we're not confident about the identity of the Wolves and we have a slew of benefits that would make it easier for us to find them.

SlowPokemon

It's not that it helps the wolves, it wastes an opportunity to kill a wolf.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

What part about having an extra Day Phase and more seerings do you not understand?

SlowPokemon

I understand it fine. I just think it's a stupid plan because the seerings are ridiculously unreliable this game, with a painter, miller, and master wolf.

Mashi

Yes, we have a Seer and we're not going to use it.  Because that makes much more sense.
And that still does not nullify the benefits of more time to think and an extra Day Phase.

FSM-Reapr

shadowkirby I didn't choose him 'cause of other people voted him. I told Slow that I vote at the last moment. I'm voting now 'cause I'll leave soon. And Mashi, I noticed 1 flaw in your plan: 1 extra seerin' time=1 extra wolved human. Good luck Mashi! After this Day ends, Jake is the seer. Remember what I told you Jake! Get rid of them! *smoke appears* GONE

Mashi

If we lynch both revived Players, during the last Day Phase, there will be an equal amount of Players compared to if we didn't lynch both revived Players.  The only difference is that we've had more time to think and two extra seerings in the former scenario.

MaestroUGC

Yes, we would have an extra day to find a wolf, but at this moment shadow is our only lead. Since spit claimed his was green it is our best shot, I'd rather take the chance to get a potential wolf than to waste a lynching on a dead man.

shadowkirby

I'm off to work, so I'm not going to be back in time to change my vote.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Mashi

I still disagree with the lynch, but it's better to try to Insta then to have a few Players suffer from Phantoms.

shadowkirby

SlowPokemon

shadowkirby because Mashi's right about no phantoms

Spyro

I agree with Mashi.

But, I guess.

Vote:shadowkirby